Reason's Arp is it any good?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dpcoffin

22 Dec 2019

Nobody exploring VST arps should overlook the free BlueArp, which in many ways is more powerful and complex than any other arp I’ve ever used.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2019

:thumbs_up:
dpcoffin wrote:
22 Dec 2019
Nobody exploring VST arps should overlook the free BlueArp, which in many ways is more powerful and complex than any other arp I’ve ever used.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2019

That's no for me on Bluearp it might be powerful but the interface is garbage I wouldn't last 15 minutes looking at that ugly thing :lol:

dpcoffin wrote:
22 Dec 2019

miscend

22 Dec 2019

Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Dec 2019
I'm looking at Cream for only $39 so cheap might as well pull the trigger.
Reason doesn't support Cream CM or any MIDI VSTs. You would have to use Reason as a plugin within another DAW.
Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Dec 2019
I'm looking into investing in an arpeggiator vst but first I want to give Reason's native dual arp a try to see if it's powerful enough. My question is knowing how Reason studios half-azz most devices what are the shortcomings of the dual arp? I don't want to waste my time trying to learn it only to figure in the long run it's half-azz. So how do you guys rate it? Does it complete your arp needs?
In my experience the dual arp is quite good. You can stack them up, layer with other players or hook up to CV devices to get more functionality. I wouldn't call it half arsed - its quite well thought out and decently specced. Dual Arp is probably better than the built-in arps you will get in most synths, but maybe not as powerful as dedicated Arp plugins like HY-RPE and Cthulhu.
Last edited by miscend on 22 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2019

Yeah that's what I'm hearing

miscend wrote:
22 Dec 2019
Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Dec 2019
Reason doesn't support Cream or any MIDI VSTs.
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 24 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

miscend

22 Dec 2019

Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2019
Yeah that's what I'm hearing I was looking into dual arp in Reason but it can't do what I need so I got Cthulhu and I'm having blast. I figured out how to use Scaler's numerous chords for countless scales to trigger Cthulhu to arp EZkeys mind blown :o My arp needs are fulfilled for $39.

miscend wrote:
22 Dec 2019

Reason doesn't support Cream or any MIDI VSTs.
Are you using some sort of plugin chainer to get them running in Reason?

Oquasec

22 Dec 2019

If I'm already doin the same thing for free I prolly wouldn't be gettin a vst for it lol
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2019

No note retrigger is a deal breaker for me. I've already explained what that is.

miscend wrote:
22 Dec 2019
Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Dec 2019
Reason doesn't support Cream CM or any MIDI VSTs. You would have to use Reason as a plugin within another DAW.
Goriila Texas wrote:
21 Dec 2019
I'm looking into investing in an arpeggiator vst but first I want to give Reason's native dual arp a try to see if it's powerful enough. My question is knowing how Reason studios half-azz most devices what are the shortcomings of the dual arp? I don't want to waste my time trying to learn it only to figure in the long run it's half-azz. So how do you guys rate it? Does it complete your arp needs?
In my experience the dual arp is quite good. You can stack them up, layer with other players or hook up to CV devices to get more functionality. I wouldn't call it half arsed - its quite well thought out and decently specced. Dual Arp is probably better than the built-in arps you will get in most synths, but maybe not as powerful as dedicated Arp plugins like HY-RPE and Cthulhu.

dpcoffin

22 Dec 2019

Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2019
That's no for me on Bluearp it might be powerful but the interface is garbage I wouldn't last 15 minutes looking at that ugly thing :lol:

dpcoffin wrote:
22 Dec 2019
So I thought,too. But it might just turn out to the best 15 minutes you spend, when you get around to it:)

Goriila Texas

22 Dec 2019

I use Studio One.

miscend wrote:
22 Dec 2019
Goriila Texas wrote:
22 Dec 2019
Yeah that's what I'm hearing I was looking into dual arp in Reason but it can't do what I need so I got Cthulhu and I'm having blast. I figured out how to use Scaler's numerous chords for countless scales to trigger Cthulhu to arp EZkeys mind blown :o My arp needs are fulfilled for $39.

Are you using some sort of plugin chainer to get them running in Reason?

visheshl

23 Dec 2019

Dual arp is awesome, you can get great sounding patterns really quickly only thing i wish is if it had redrum or matrix like pattern section, so you counlld store different arrp patterns and switch between them or automate switching the patterns

• Information