Someone experience with SL Mixface and Reason 10/11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
friday

08 Dec 2019

Because I was looking for a simple MIDI keyboard i found the Studiologic Mixface and they seem to support the Reason Mixer. Does someone have experience with it??? Really would like to hear from someone who is using it with Reason.

https://www.studiologic-music.com/products/mixface/

Seckin

09 Dec 2019

I do not like the idea of having only 8 channels on my mixing control surface. Surely you can press a button and have your controller take charge of the next 8 channels in your project but there are no labels on the mix channels and annoying mistakes will be made. RsTouch Pro is a way, way better option If you have an iPad.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

friday

09 Dec 2019

Seckin wrote:
09 Dec 2019
I do not like the idea of having only 8 channels on my mixing control surface. Surely you can press a button and have your controller take charge of the next 8 channels in your project but there are no labels on the mix channels and annoying mistakes will be made. RsTouch Pro is a way, way better option If you have an iPad.
Thanks for your feedback Seckin, but i have a touch screen attached to my computer und have to say i am not so much in touch for mixing, i would like to feel the faders with my fingers.

gullum

09 Dec 2019

any controller that does not have motorized fader's and endless encoders are going to make mixing harder then using only a mouse. Because you need to move the fader or encoder to the right position before you can make the changes that you want. You could get an icon or Behringer with motorized faders in the same price range

friday

09 Dec 2019

gullum wrote:
09 Dec 2019
any controller that does not have motorized fader's and endless encoders are going to make mixing harder then using only a mouse. Because you need to move the fader or encoder to the right position before you can make the changes that you want. You could get an icon or Behringer with motorized faders in the same price range
Thanks Gullum, that are some great arguments. I think what was catching me was the promised for a good reason integration, and today you often don't find a good hardware integration with reason. :cry:

• Information