A word of warning to others - Don’t “mark as lost” if you forget to de-authorise Reason after doing a clean OS install.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stephensmattlee

14 Nov 2019

Only discovered recently after doing a fresh install of my OS that if you forget to de-authorise Reason and click “mark as lost” when trying to re-authorise the software then it can result in you no longer being able to authorise using the computer itself.

I contacted support and after a week I got a message saying to use either internet or the ignition key as work-arounds without having the issue itself resolved.

Just a warning to others to de-authorise Reason before doing a clean OS install.

Oquasec

14 Nov 2019

when you reset windows it changes the device ID
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Loque

14 Nov 2019

Yea, that is a potential danger over my head too with all those freaking HD crashes today...And there is no other chance to manage this. But thankfully you still can use it somehow - other software is just lost...Sometimes the crack-times were better than legal payed stuff, where you get another kick in the stomach if your system completely crashed...And at worst, a lot of licenses are still bound to my HD and i cannot use cloud or recover them easily...
Reason12, Win10

stephensmattlee

14 Nov 2019

Was probably my own fault for not realising there was a limit to the number of times you can mark the computer as lost. I’d gotten in the habit of doing a fresh install of macOS every time a new major version came out and had forgotten to unlink the old authorisation before continuing to install the new OS on a clean partition.

Is a little frustrating that support were unable to reset the computer authorisation but thought it best to warn others that might be unaware of the limit

• Information