R11 Channel Strip Rack Devices Are Darn Handy

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DParris

01 Nov 2019

Seems like such a small change, but I've found so many uses for these little dudes already.

1. Master Bus Compressor on sub groups (usually I would use either the DCAM BusComp or Red 3 VST for groups)
2. any possible ordering of compressor/eq/inserts within a channel
3. clean and simple hp/lp filters anywhere in the rack in a single device (I've been using this one a lot on sends, particularly in front of reverbs; was using other REs before, sometimes two--one for hp and one for lp).
4. extra bands of SSL EQ
5. parallel compression using the wet/dry knobs on the MBC and Channel Dynamics
6. two-stage (or more) compression using the same straightforward device. One in the channel strip, the rest in the rack. Super helpful on vocals.

This has been a very helpful step forward in my goal of using more stock devices.

Share your own uses!
Last edited by DParris on 03 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

RabidMusic

02 Nov 2019

When Propellerhead announced support for VST's my first thought was "I can use my UA channel strips!" One big use for me is when I am creating a set of loops of loops for a new project I settle on a specific channel strip and program. Then just do minor tweaks. That helps me achieve a consistency in the sound across the collection.

• Information