R10 users: What would sweeten the deal on R11 for you?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

02 Sep 2019

This is just another feature request list in a different form / thread.

We've already had about 6 of these. It's becoming a bit tiresome.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Yonatan

03 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
02 Sep 2019
This is just another feature request list in a different form / thread.

We've already had about 6 of these. It's becoming a bit tiresome.
Well, I guess we will have to live with it at this moment. I asked for sweeten the deal despite the wish list but understand that there is a need for sharing ones hopes and reasons

Still I think there are some sane reasoning in the thread. Look at some threads and it has even gone beyond innocent feature requests into sand pit cat fights and meta discussions of who say what etc. That should make one more tired.

Creativemind

03 Sep 2019

I'll just add the features I think I want over anything else:-

*Cloned / Mimic'd Clips
*Sync Browsers and Windows on the Fly
*Midi Chase
*Ruler Markers with shortcuts (stackable)
*Bounce to Mono in the bounce section
*Bounce to Mono in Bounce in Place section
*Consolidate / Merge Clips in Bounce in Place
*Tempo Detect of Audio
*Audition Audio Clips in Sequencer with Speaker Tool
*Re-Order and Re-Label Send Effects
*More Themes, Themes affect the mixer and no restart required
*Scan VST folder without restarting Reason
*Manual Parameter Inputs with Copy and Paste
*Undo History
*Less clunkiness in general when navigating around and clicking in / out of clips etc
*Keyboard shortcut to put End Marker at Last Decayed Sound in Project and song stops playing when it reaches the end marker

20 features + what they've already given us.

Oh and adjust multiple faders on the mix channels in the rack, Thor 2, NN-XT2, Combinator 2, Redrum 2 and Kong 2 lol!

reggie1979

03 Sep 2019

Midi chase would be terrific. But it doesn't work super great in the hosts that have it imo so maybe it's not so easy to implement?

For me it's always the little things. Tab to change names on numerous tracks, colors following properly (like adding and RE or VST and that color being something other than the track color) a command to shrink VST windows (or a command to open/close them w/o a mouse and the damn windows covering where you'd mouse it open/shut), metronome flavors (like Cubase or S1) browser tempo matching.

I'd also like to see the pro.......I mean, Reason Studio to be a game changer with rex/audio quantizing and groove application. They added x fading and curves so just more of that kinda stuff.

joeyluck

03 Sep 2019

My thoughts are this: just get into the cycle of upgrading on day 1.

You know with every Reason version, there will be point updates.

So instead of waiting to upgrade, and then seeing exciting point updates along the way that include cool stuff you wish you had, and then you find yourself being hesitant to upgrade in the middle because you start guessing when the next full version will be released, just upgrade on day 1 and be done with it.

You'll then know that the next time you pay $129 for an upgrade will probably be roughly 1.5 - 2 years away (just going off of past schedules). Less guessing and more getting to wake up to fun announcement videos with features you get to use right away.

Reason 10 was released October 2017
Reason 11 will be released September 2019
So that is 23 months apart
@$129, that is $5.61/month

I think there's plenty to be excited about. I wouldn't concern myself with what I think would sweeten the deal, knowing very well that they aren't adding any additional features or add-ons to 11.0 that haven't already been announced. Just my two cents.

Last Alternative

03 Sep 2019

I think there’s a little confusion on whether Scenic is included in 11 or gonna be sold separately. It should be included if it’s not. But what would really sweeten the deal for Reason-only peeps (since the upgrade’s main theme is external DAW use) would be to include a LOT more PH devices. It’s clear new features will come later so kicking us some REs would be nice. I remember when everything they made was included in upgrades. I thought okay maybe now they’re charging separately to hire more people and explode in their DAW’s innovations, offerings and the whole marketplace but boy was I wrong and they prove it year after year. Why hasn’t the new CEO reached out? Why is PH silent to address our concerns? Where is the PR to make their customers feel confident in continuing to invest in their products?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

joeyluck

03 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
03 Sep 2019
I think there’s a little confusion on whether Scenic is included in 11 or gonna be sold separately.
It will be included with the Reason 11 Suite version and sold separately.

boingy

03 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
03 Sep 2019
I think there’s a little confusion on whether Scenic is included in 11 or gonna be sold separately.
There is no confusion. It is right there in black and white on the official announcement: "Scenic is included in Reason Suite and will also be sold separately on its release on September 25."

Whether you agree with it is a different matter!

future-bit

04 Sep 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

I have upgraded on day 1 to 5 on all versions except ver 8, where I waited quite a while until a while before RV7000mkii.

Did I regret waiting? Yes.
Should I have skipped 8 alltogether? Yes, from perspective, it was not worth paying from R7. It shown it was not "all about workflow" as advertised. It was all about Allihoopa venture.

So, I agree, if you know you will upgrade anyway on some point update, by all means just bite the lemon, but this time is a little different as the AU will come out maybe...before end of the year.
And the Rack plugin (my guess) will provably take most of the focus at least rest of the year.
People will report this and that need be fixed in DAW XYZ.

So it makes sense to wait off a bit in that position. RS will have to show how serious they are about improving the core as well.
Not the first time that the company make sudden changes in direction.
But offcourse, if you have lots of cash, it is another thing. That is not my case, I cannot buy this and also that and the other things..
So I rather be careful where I throw my dimes

The thing is that we never know the pace or magnitude of the point updates. Sometimes it ends in a point 2 or point 3 or 4 or 5, and we cannot predict how long between the upgrades either. So it is indeed a bit of gamble.
They could for instance bring something new to do with having an ipad and I dont own an ipad, so then to make use of that I should have one.

So I will live with testing the Demo version and maybe upgrade in february or mars if things seem at a good pace. Or even earlier if AU comes out as well as some added improvments to mixer/sequencer that will increase the value for me in biting the deal.

Last Alternative

04 Sep 2019

Okay I guess I missed that and was confused myself and by seeing other people giving misinformation about Scenic. Well that’s lame because I’m not buying the suite haha
I’m still quite baffled by all this.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

RobBarnett

04 Sep 2019

Tiered pricing on the upgrade - Reason 10 owners pay $65. Upgrade from any other version costs $129
AND
everyone who upgrades gets Scenic included.
AND
Tiered pricing on the Suite bundle - If you already own up to 3 - $x, if you own 4,5or6 $y.....etc.

Nielsen

04 Sep 2019

Reason 11 would be more interesting if the last five or so REs from Propellerhead had been saved exclusively for the new version instead of being offered as RE products as they became ready.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

RobBarnett wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Tiered pricing on the upgrade - Reason 10 owners pay $65. Upgrade from any other version costs $129
AND
everyone who upgrades gets Scenic included.
AND
Tiered pricing on the Suite bundle - If you already own up to 3 - $x, if you own 4,5or6 $y.....etc.
Sounds more like a no brainer deal to me. :) Who would complain? None but 5 who always complain whatever weather.

I so much regret buying Reason Drums and Bass RE for €39 each (and I own the refills already! Call me fool) as well as upgrading Parsec quite expensive when it came. Such among many other misses makes me no way wanting to pay for the Suite. I did not buy Pocessed Pianos this time as I saw RD and RB were thrown in the Rigs bundle very fast. I think it is a really bad vibe to not getting a single % reduced depending on what one already have bought. If I really saw that the wasted money one paid at least was used as rocket fuel to bring many more improvements of the core DAW, I might even call it even and learn from it, but with so few additions, I find it really hard to spending any extra as a goodwill until there is some kind of betterments. I overall want to support the good vibes and not the greedy vibes.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

Nielsen wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Reason 11 would be more interesting if the last five or so REs from Propellerhead had been saved exclusively for the new version instead of being offered as RE products as they became ready.
Totally agree. So happy I would be to see the old refills brought to RE as part of R11 instead of paying for them just to see them end up in the Suite for nothing. Nah good vibe in that.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

As every thread seem to become feature lists, this is my dream R11 release (after all the point releases along)

Folders, integrating last parts of ReCycle to enhance the sample handling, and implement markers, punch in recording, as well as improving Blocks to use as arranging live clips (markers might allow to be the first step in this). And a bunch of more sequencer midi workflow adds (as an example Step recording and Chord lane arranging/choosing a scale, detecting harmonic info and bpm in audio/midi clips). Being able to enlarge a RE device to full screen (adjustable in % in preferences) by the push of a button.

Alongside such more techy things as that I have not so much need for myself at the moment but keep up the DAW fresh:
supporting VST3s, Midi in/out of VST in the Rack and its Rack plugin, and then a scalable hi res (needed for RE full screen view).

Would be impressive indeed.
Last edited by Yonatan on 04 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

ljekio

04 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Mind, where yours "comp recording midi clips"?
For me it most important feature lacked in Reason.
And yes, I want more accuracy of automation when record from midi controllers.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

ljekio wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2019

What do you mean by "Comp recording midi clips" exactly? Sounds interesting.
Is it like the Comp editor but for Midi lanes or something entirely else?

ljekio

04 Sep 2019

Yonatan wrote:
04 Sep 2019

Still we can't record midi takes in the loop and comp it for further select.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

ljekio wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Yonatan wrote:
04 Sep 2019

Thanks, then I certainly know what you mean. That would be awesome to be able to do that. Good feature!
It is tiresome to start and stop all the time, as often one finds the "flow" after a few looping rounds and not when having the pre-count. How can we not have that yet...

Last Alternative

04 Sep 2019

Propellerhead used to be our friend. Now they feel like that schoolyard bully holding us upside down shaking our money out of our pockets. I am DONE buying REs and possibly anything else from them ever again. Or at least until they start treating us like humans again. It’s REALLY starting to piss me off that the new CEO hasn’t said a word to us.

dannyF

04 Sep 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Propellerhead used to be our friend. Now they feel like that schoolyard bully holding us upside down shaking our money out of our pockets. I am DONE buying REs and possibly anything else from them ever again. Or at least until they start treating us like humans again. It’s REALLY starting to piss me off that the new CEO hasn’t said a word to us.
What would you expect?

How did the last CEO differ?

Creativemind

04 Sep 2019

ljekio wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Yes, that would be good. It's also very needed.

Add that to my list.

Yonatan

04 Sep 2019

dannyF wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Last Alternative wrote:
04 Sep 2019
What would you expect?

How did the last CEO differ?
I am totally fine that the ceo is not writing here. I remember Ernst wrote something and then it is just an never ending stream of questions and giving of advices etc.

I am glad Mathias dwelling in here from time to time. He is used to it being both high and low.
Also Ryan used to show up before now and then. They are the main folks that Reason community have some connection with, except that "Stefan" guy who writes on social media. Is he an AI maybe? :) He smiles even when people are very harsh.

boingy

04 Sep 2019

ljekio wrote:
04 Sep 2019
Yonatan wrote:
04 Sep 2019

It is really odd that audio and MIDI clips are treated so differently. I know it's because audio came much later but audio tracks allow you to record multiple takes in a loop and makes it really easy to comp them, midi tracks are a right royal pain in the ar*e if you want to do the same thing. They are both just clips containing events. They should behave the same.

• Information