[Wholesome topic] What do you LOVE about Reason?

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
antic604
Posts: 2108
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 13 Aug 2019

Can't be arsed to copy/paste :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7508363
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 13 Aug 2019

The rack and CV / cabling system. The studio emulation that teaches you real world skills. The main mixer. 3rd party devices and Prop's devices and their 30 day trials. Everything is obviously very well thought out before being implemented, this shows in the great work flow that many talk about. Oh and you guys too, it's really cool that literally all the same names are still here since I began, and even those that left the forums that I know are still using Reason.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 2108
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 13 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
12 Aug 2019
So with Reason 11 around the corner...
?

Image
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

mcatalao
Posts: 990
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 13 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
13 Aug 2019
Can't be arsed to copy/paste :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7508363
I liked how you say one of your favorite thing is the community! Reason user/fan base is the most bipolar user base i've known on the bunch of daws i've used. And believe me i've used some.... :)

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 936
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 13 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
13 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
12 Aug 2019
So with Reason 11 around the corner...
?

Image
oopsie whoopsie..

kinkujin
Posts: 101
Joined: 01 Mar 2018

Post 13 Aug 2019

I'm a relatively new(ish) convert. Had always wanted to try it and finally did. Instantly hooked - I think because of it's feeling/looking/being like a "real" studio to me. It's my pretend studio that actually has me productive every time I sit in front of it. I cannot say that for other daws I've used.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2173
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 13 Aug 2019

The sequencer.

Image

reggie1979
Posts: 640
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 13 Aug 2019

Did anyone bring up VST yet? Before they had it I was quite happy with RE's for the most part, but having VST now is really very important.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2173
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 13 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
13 Aug 2019
Did anyone bring up VST yet? Before they had it I was quite happy with RE's for the most part, but having VST now is really very important.
Will get back to you on this when Reason 11 comes out ;) Still holding on for my dear life @ 9.5

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 936
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 13 Aug 2019

aeox wrote:
13 Aug 2019
The sequencer.

Image
I know I said only nice posts allowed BUT HANG HIM!! NOW!

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2173
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 13 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
13 Aug 2019
aeox wrote:
13 Aug 2019
The sequencer.

Image
I know I said only nice posts allowed BUT HANG HIM!! NOW!
It's just that, I know a lot of people want sequencer improvements. Personally it's one of my favorite things in Reason :) I've grown to love the work flow.

reggie1979
Posts: 640
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 13 Aug 2019

aeox wrote:
13 Aug 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
13 Aug 2019
Did anyone bring up VST yet? Before they had it I was quite happy with RE's for the most part, but having VST now is really very important.
Will get back to you on this when Reason 11 comes out ;) Still holding on for my dear life @ 9.5
I did that. I didn't like 9, wasn't sold on 9.5 yet, but 10 did the trick. If 11 is just synths and effects/players, I'll likely skip it. The only thing I'm lacking are a few workflow things and other than that, I'm good to go.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 936
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 13 Aug 2019

aeox wrote:
13 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
13 Aug 2019


I know I said only nice posts allowed BUT HANG HIM!! NOW!
It's just that, I know a lot of people want sequencer improvements. Personally it's one of my favorite things in Reason :) I've grown to love the work flow.
Whatever we might get, the changes will hopefully be perceived as an upgrade rather than a crossgrade by the most people. Fingers crossed!

User avatar
WillyOD
Posts: 200
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 13 Aug 2019

Does not get in the way of my workflow.

Reason is good enough that the only thing stopping me from making any music I want is myself.
I've never seen so many colours... http://www.diippii.com.

User avatar
DParris
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 May 2019

Post 13 Aug 2019

100% the rack-style interface. As a longtime Max/MSP user, patching things together and using CV just makes so much sense to me, and allows me to work very intuitively.
In all of the improvement/update talk lately, I've seen a couple folks tossing around the rather scary idea of PH just focusing on the sequencer and relegating the rack to some kind of utility hidden in a menu somewhere. That would literally destroy Reason's raison d'etre.
Thank you for this thread, and to everyone who's answered. Hopefully it sends the message that the heart and soul of Reason should not change.

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 425
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 14 Aug 2019

A wholesome topic on the internet?
You haven't got the hang of this at all...

Popey
Posts: 86
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 14 Aug 2019

I am fairly old so learnt on hardware at a friend's studio so was used to patching hardware with cables (just using logic 4 to arrange and record midi etc). When I no longer had access to a studio i first bought cubase as could not afford a mac (for logic the only daw I had experience in)and didn't like it much. I had used rebirth but didn't know anything about reason until i happened to see a video and oh my God it was a studio in a PC even down to the ssl that was so familiar to me. This is still the main thing that I love so much about it even though in reality other daws do similar things.

owlymane
Posts: 132
Joined: 27 Feb 2019

Post 14 Aug 2019

aeox wrote:
13 Aug 2019
The sequencer.

Image
:lol: (not laughing at you liking the sequencer, but at the gif you used :thumbs_up: :D )
Last edited by owlymane on 14 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Posts: 2433
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 Aug 2019

Popey wrote:
14 Aug 2019
I am fairly old so learnt on hardware at a friend's studio so was used to patching hardware with cables (just using logic 4 to arrange and record midi etc). When I no longer had access to a studio i first bought cubase as could not afford a mac (for logic the only daw I had experience in)and didn't like it much. I had used rebirth but didn't know anything about reason until i happened to see a video and oh my God it was a studio in a PC even down to the ssl that was so familiar to me. This is still the main thing that I love so much about it even though in reality other daws do similar things.
Are you Scottish by any chance?
Last edited by MrFigg on 14 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2173
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 14 Aug 2019

owlymane wrote:
14 Aug 2019
aeox wrote:
13 Aug 2019
The sequencer.

Image
:lol: (not laughing at you liking the sequencer, but at the gif you used :thumbs_up: :D )
:P

My favorite GIF!

Popey
Posts: 86
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 14 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Aug 2019
Popey wrote:
14 Aug 2019
I am fairly old so learnt on hardware at a friend's studio so was used to patching hardware with cables (just using logic 4 to arrange and record midi etc). When I no longer had access to a studio i first bought cubase as could not afford a mac (for logic the only daw I had experience in)and didn't like it much. I had used rebirth but didn't know anything about reason until i happened to see a video and oh my God it was a studio in a PC even down to the ssl that was so familiar to me. This is still the main thing that I love so much about it even though in reality other daws do similar things.
Are you Scottish by any chance?
No not Scottish, south of the border in England. Kinda intrigued what made you think I was Scottish.

MrFigg
Posts: 2433
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 Aug 2019

Popey wrote:
14 Aug 2019
MrFigg wrote:
14 Aug 2019


Are you Scottish by any chance?
No not Scottish, south of the border in England. Kinda intrigued what made you think I was Scottish.
Hahaha. Because...both spellings, learned and learnt are correct (learned being used mostly in the US). “Learnt” is more colloquial however and used predominantly in Scotland. Obviously there’s exceptions :). That’ll teach me to play Sherlock Holmes. I’ve learned my lesson.

Popey
Posts: 86
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 14 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Aug 2019
Popey wrote:
14 Aug 2019


No not Scottish, south of the border in England. Kinda intrigued what made you think I was Scottish.
Hahaha. Because...both spellings, learned and learnt are correct (learned being used mostly in the US). “Learnt” is more colloquial however and used predominantly in Scotland. Obviously there’s exceptions :). That’ll teach me to play Sherlock Holmes. I’ve learned my lesson.
Ha ha I see 😂😂😂 well at least I have learnt something new today as I wasnt aware of that. I quite like iron bru though lol

User avatar
Raveshaper
Posts: 1023
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 14 Aug 2019

Cmd + Q.

I mean, Remote. I love Remote.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

User avatar
NekujaK
Posts: 573
Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Location: USA

Post 14 Aug 2019

UseReason.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests