Thanks Propellerhead!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lokey

21 May 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
22 Apr 2019
I totally agree that Reason is an awesome tool for the people, who enjoy making music with. And when you said that "people praise the other DAWS for doing an A), B) and C) beterly, you could as well turn it vice versa - i.e. Reason is superior for lots of the stuff, wherea's the other DAWs lack more of.
fl mobile

bxbrkrz

21 May 2019

Thanks PH.
Please.
Don't be Adobeevil.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Molotovbeatz

06 Jun 2019

Reason is the best DAW I ever use. =).

Gamano

15 Jan 2020

Yes, thanks so much Propellerhead!

I absolutely agree with the sentiments of this thread - Reason is, in my view, the absolute best DAW! Ok I haven't used all the others, but I just cannot imagine a better/more enjoyable (and colourful! - I think I'd find e.g. working in Logic all day a bit depressing whereas Reason is visually inspiring!) environment to make music in. Like the OP, I'm really grateful to the Propellerheads team for developing/continuing development of this absolutely brilliant software!

I wrote this a while ago in response to a review of R11:

"Inevitably we do feel either enthused or disappointed about a particular update. But, looking at the big picture - am I alone in thinking that Reason is the most amazing - and best! - DAW out there for making music? I make music for clients across a pretty wide gamut of styles and the ability to switch between rack, sequencer and mixer via f5/f6/f7 short cuts is wonderful.And the SSL mixer is absolutely brilliant: I use both Reason and Pro Tools but nowadays find having to add trims and channel strips to Pro Tools sessions just to perform these basic functions really frustrating. This really hit home when Waves introduced that CLA bucket thing a while back - I realised that that function, that ability to have an overview of mixes, to easily add hpf/lpf, eq and compression to an individual track, for example without loads of clicks and without having to leave the whole mix view- was already part of the Reason workflow (without the CPU drain of that Waves plugin!). it’s just fantastic. Time stretching in Reason is absolutely amazing also. Creating effects sends is so simple. Parallel processing. Exporting STEMS. Varying tempo. Etc etc.

I do feel (like you and many here) frustrated that the sequencer doesn’t have the audio - and even midi - and mixing functions that are in Pro Tools (and no doubt many other DAWs) - and do understand the frustrations regarding the limited updates to R11. Props really need to continue to improve these things,

But, overall, when considered in its totality, I struggle to imagine a better, more fun, intuitive DAW to make music in than Reason. I say this, in particular, cos I’m concerned that Propellerheads might at some point ditch the sequencer i.e. the DAW aspect! I really hope that never happens.However frustrated/enthusiastic I might be about a particular update - I fundamentally love creating music in Reason (especially recent versions with improved VST support) and just hope that Props continue, strategically, to invest in the DAW side of things rather than as some kind of Omnisphere/Kontakt Komplete competitor."

Liimusic

16 Jan 2020

Reason is the only daw i can work with. I try everything else (bitwig,s1,logic,cubas) all amazing daws but nothing can give me that vibe that i have with reason. I dont know what it is.

Thank you Propellerhead

sonicbyte

16 Jan 2020

Liimusic wrote:
16 Jan 2020
Reason is the only daw i can work with. I try everything else (bitwig,s1,logic,cubas) all amazing daws but nothing can give me that vibe that i have with reason. I dont know what it is.

Thank you Propellerhead
100% agree... Thank you Reason for exist❤️

Mint

16 Jan 2020

For me It was love at first sight...aww :puf_wink:
Attachments
IMG_7621.JPG
IMG_7621.JPG (300.07 KiB) Viewed 1707 times

OverneathTheSkyBridg

17 Jan 2020

I think the guys at Reason Studios realize that forums like these quite often have several noisy regulars that have little else to do but shit on their product. Compare the number of those users with the size of their actual customer base (which they only know) and I think they're probably doing quite well as far as meeting expectations. I figure for most user applications you're either using the software to make music or you're batch about the software as an excuse for why you don't make music.

If you were a keen music enthusiast just starting out with Reason and decided to blow your wad on Reason Suite 11 you'd have more amazing avenues to create music with that than you could realistically ever explore for a long while. And then you hit the shop on Black Friday and the process restarts yet again.

Thanks Props for all your hard work, you guys have a killer product and I mention it whenever it comes up in music production related conversation.

Arrant
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2020

Thank you so much for making Reason (well, after 10.3 anyway) the best DAW ever :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

reddust

17 Jan 2020

Reason is the best DAW without a doubt, I just want it to be perfect and it is quite near to reach that point, but not yet there... but still, thanks props

Oquasec

17 Jan 2020

a 400$ synth collection with 130$ maintenance updates is pretty cheap compared to hardware..
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ltbrunt00

17 Jan 2020

Love Reason to death. Started with it 20 years ago and now my two sons and I all have our own copies of Reason.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

kitekrazy

19 Jan 2020

Mataya wrote:
10 May 2019
Just bought Cubase 10 Pro yesterday. (it's on 50% discount, by the way). So hard to make techno with it. Reason is fun in a unique way. It could have more functions and I'm sure it will, but straight from the box...reason 10.3 is capable of entertaining you for sooooo looong. Keep up.
It's not that hard but Cubase requires a hardware dongle. I have Reason's dongle on one machine which comes handy if a system is offline. Other than that I have Reason installed on a total of 4 machines and just log in to use it. Cubase also charges for a .5 update.
I got some nice free stuff when I got R10.

I still like it in it's proprietary state.

ShelLuser

19 Jan 2020

Well, I think the main problem is that the Props tried to go to the well a bit too often. So many users who skipped dozens of versions... And although I know I'm nitpicking... they're not even the Props anymore because "reasons".

Sorry, but I had to share.

But having said that I definitely do agree with the general vibe of this thread. I don't necessarily like where the whole thing is going (Reason 11, I prefer staying on 10) but in full honesty: that's nothing new. When 5 got released I stuck to 4, eventually I upgraded to 6 but when 7 to 9 got released... nope, not for me!

I'm still on 10 and I'm loving it... Reason is one of a kind and has been an important part of my setup for 10 years now. In my home studio Live is the foundation, I sometimes refer to it as the "glue" that brings the rest together. Maschine + Komplete 12 adds high quality sounds and effects which I often use as the main building blocks for my material. Yet Reason is where the sound (design) is at. This is synthesis in its purest and broadest form.... Thor & Europa are powerhouses that are plain out unmatched by anything which Live and Komplete have to offer. Then add Humana & Complex-1 into the mix (= personal favorites) and you got something special on your hands... Maybe add Parsec, Note echo, Scales & Chords or ... I dunno: pulveriser or the echo into the mix?

Let's say Neptune... I don't have a Neptune-like device in either Ableton Live nor Komplete ultimate (collectors). Sure, I can set something up in Reaktor (I also think some devices are available for download) but that's nothing in comparison of having a company specialized in sound development which designs & release such a device.

In full honestly I'm having a hard time believing that I'll upgrade to another version of Reason again now that they dumped ReWire. But at the same time I also don't see myself ever getting rid of Reason 10. It's simply that good!
--- :reason:

Brosefski

20 Jan 2020

After they came out with VST support, I see no reason to use other DAWs. I started with 2.0 and went back and forth with different DAW's. Took a break for a while and concentrated on my career and now I'm back. Re-inspired and making some tunes. I'm having a ton of fun with it which is a major part of it. I bought some RE's and some VSTs and I'm back in my groove which I haven't felt like for some years. Glad to be back, glad to have VST support with my favorite DAW, see no reason of using anything else. Propellerhead's Reason kicks some serious ass.
:reason: :recycle: :re:

groggy1

20 Jan 2020

I agree with folks on this thread that Reason has a special "vibe" to it. It's fun. It encourages me to try things from a different angle. Best example I can give: When my drums sound boring, and I feel uninspired, Reason gives me so many options to get out of the rut:
1) Chop and rearrange easily
2) Bounce to Rex, and go crazy there
3) Play samples in Kong. Drop samples in Sequencer. Use Kong to trigger 10 different VSTs, each with a different drum sound. Etc.

• Information