Reason 10.3 and ASIO UX2 issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Azoetia

23 Apr 2019

Can anyone help? Since updating to 10.3, my ASIO UX2 is no longer recognised. I have opened Pod farm 2.5 and it still works perfectly, so I know it isn't an issue with the UX2.

I am pulling my hair out here. Any help would be appreciated.

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2019

Edirol UA-25 (works fine under Windows 10 with little number change in the driver config and under Reason 10.2) is no running in 10.3 as well. I haven't received an explanation in my beta ticket other than there are probably good reasons why it's no longer supported by the manufacturer under Win10 [my guess? You can't earn money by supporting old products]
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

chimp_spanner

23 Apr 2019

I’ve seen a few posts about this on the Facebook group. Seems like it’s a common thing, although some are saying it might coincide with a windows update? Either way definitely open a ticket. 10.2 is still available for download in the meantime but I hope you get it working!

Azoetia

23 Apr 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
23 Apr 2019
I’ve seen a few posts about this on the Facebook group. Seems like it’s a common thing, although some are saying it might coincide with a windows update? Either way definitely open a ticket. 10.2 is still available for download in the meantime but I hope you get it working!
I might sound stupid here but do you mean just download 10.2 and reinstall that and it will revert back to 10.2?

chimp_spanner

23 Apr 2019

Azoetia wrote:
23 Apr 2019
chimp_spanner wrote:
23 Apr 2019
I might sound stupid here but do you mean just download 10.2 and reinstall that and it will revert back to 10.2?
I *think* you can have both installed at the same time? There's a link to all the previous versions somewhere - perhaps someone can share!

Azoetia

23 Apr 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
23 Apr 2019
Azoetia wrote:
23 Apr 2019

I *think* you can have both installed at the same time? There's a link to all the previous versions somewhere - perhaps someone can share!
Thanks a lot. I reinstalled 10.2.2 and it works again, so it is definatley an issue with 10.3 not supporting the Asio ux2. Hopefully it can be resolved or I will have to buy a new audio interface haha

chimp_spanner

23 Apr 2019

Bummer! Obviously it'd be better if you could use what you have. Unfortunately it is a discontinued model and Line 6 won't be supporting or updating the drivers going forward. Whether or not PH can do anything specifically to address it, I don't know. Maybe so, given how many people still seem to be using UX interfaces. On the plus, it's a good time to get a new interface. Prices have come way, way down!

ScuzzyEye

23 Apr 2019

Azoetia wrote:
23 Apr 2019
Thanks a lot. I reinstalled 10.2.2 and it works again, so it is definatley an issue with 10.3 not supporting the Asio ux2. Hopefully it can be resolved or I will have to buy a new audio interface haha
I don't know how you kept your UX2 working this long. I have a KB37, basically the same interface with a MIDI keyboard attached. It was such a pain to get it to do anything when I upgraded to Windows 8, I just gave up on the audio side of it since then. So I didn't test it in Reason 10.3, because I just assumed it didn't work anyway.

raider69

23 Apr 2019

I had it happen to me too.
You have to uninstall 10.3 and install 10.2 (revert) for ASIO TonePort UX2 to work again.
Clinging to my antique UX2 for now.
Of course you'll need to re-boot after the install.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
23 Apr 2019
I don't know how you kept your UX2 working this long. I have a KB37, basically the same interface with a MIDI keyboard attached. It was such a pain to get it to do anything when I upgraded to Windows 8, I just gave up on the audio side of it since then. So I didn't test it in Reason 10.3, because I just assumed it didn't work anyway.
I haven't used my KB37 as an audio interface since buying Balance around Reason 7. Use it as a midi controller but always figured I could have it as a reserve audio interface in case my Balance packs in. So apparently not? I had no idea.
Line 6 suck.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Aquila

24 Apr 2019

Can you get it to work via asio4all by any chance? My Novation x-station stopped working after a Win10 update and its drivers were never fixed so I switched to asio4all and it works fine.

• Information