Reason issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

31 Jan 2019

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I'm currently following a Deep House video tutorial which is demonstrated in Cubase 10 and I'm following along (trying) using Reason 10.2. They provide you with all audio samples, so far so good.

In Lesson 3 (first 4 lessons are on youtube
I have hit a stumbling block with the bassline. (2:38 - 5:03 in video)

Basically he puts the entire bassline audio into a sampler, but only plays the first note. It is rooted to C3 (not sure of that is the actual pitch) and then inserts MIDI between C3 - C2 notes.

My questions are

1) Does it matter which sampler I use in Reason NN-19, NN-XT or Grain? I'm not really sure which tool is best for this job here, and which device in reason is mirrored by Cubases sampler

2) If the actual note was E3 and we had root on C3 and entered MIDI note on C2 would the actual sound heard be an E2?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers
Graeme

Namyo85

25 Feb 2019

Better late than never reply. Let us know if you've already worked this out. If not:
graeme75 wrote:
31 Jan 2019
1) Does it matter which sampler I use in Reason NN-19, NN-XT or Grain? I'm not really sure which tool is best for this job here, and which device in reason is mirrored by Cubases sampler
Not really but for a single sample NN-19 is ideal. With the NN-XT you can add extra layers, which is it's main advantage. They both have their merits. I suppose Grain also, but I see that as more for radically manipulating the sound.
graeme75 wrote:
31 Jan 2019
2) If the actual note was E3 and we had root on C3 and entered MIDI note on C2 would the actual sound heard be an E2?
I think I understand the question... No, the sound would be four semitones higher so you would get G#2. Let's say I dragged a single C3 sample into the NN-19, it's root note would automatically be C3. If I lowered the root note to B2 and played the C3, C3 would play as C#3.
Wait a second... The answer above assumes you are changing the notes root. If not and you mean that is how it already was then yes it would be an E2. :? Little bit confusing on the second answer but hope it helps. :cool:

graeme75

26 Feb 2019

Cheers, many thanks

• Information