retuning

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
hpslott

18 Aug 2015

To start out I would like to say I'm a newby to Reason8. Actually I'm still using the trial version until my software arrives this week.

I started working on a song that begins with a drum track and piano track. I wired the drum track in through my interface directly from my "BEAT BUDDY" and the Piano from my Casio keyboard the same way.

The casio allows the keyboard to be retuned so that I can quickly charge key with out having to relearn a composition. ( I can play a c scale,
re -tune the keyboard down 1/2 step and physically play the c scale but the note-ality will in fact be a B scale)
Anyway, I want to over dub a string orchestration on a third track using the keyboard(but this time using the midi channel and the sounds available in Reason8)

Is there a way to change the tuning of the midi keyboard down a half step so ( I can play a c scale,
re -tune the keyboard down 1/2 step and physically play the c scale but the note-ality will in fact be a B scale)

Hope this makes sense to someone. Would appreciate feedback.

Hpslott

normen

18 Aug 2015

The combinator allows changing the tuning of the incoming MIDI data in half steps, yes.

hpslott

18 Aug 2015

Thanks I will attempt that and repost

Olivier

18 Aug 2015

Welcome to the forum :)

If you are not familiar with the concept of the combinator, its basically a device that kan hold other devices. You can configure how the enclosed devices interact and how you can play the combinator as a whole. This includes transposing of enclosed devices.

You can find info on how to transpose combinator devices here :
http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason83/ ... .25.9.html

If that leaves you with any questions let us know ;) We kindof have a tendency to say : "you can fix that with a combinator" .. Because you often can, but that doesn't always make things easier.

Keep at it ! :D
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

bpmorton

18 Aug 2015

you can always transpose the notes in the sequencer window. yeah, I know...kinda old school.

larusbl

19 Feb 2019

Dear you.

I have iMac (macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6) and I'm using Reason 10. I use midistart music keyboard and I have a problem with that the keyboard is not right tuned in general. It is little to high. What could be the reason for this problem?

Regards
Larus.

• Information