So, What Have I Missed?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ScuzzyEye

07 Dec 2018

I hear Reason has VSTs now‽

I actually, haven't been that out of touch, but I also haven't been as active in the Reason community as I would have liked. At my peak Reason-related output I was unemployed (technically self-employed), so I had a lot of time to spend here.

Since then I've once again found full-time office work, so that takes most of my day. On top of that I was also working for-hire on an RE update (I'm sure that'll be announced soon). I finished that RE work yesterday (baring any bugs).

Now, I'm planning what I'll be getting into next year. I definitely will be more active here. I have an RE update of my own, and at least two others started that I'd like to get released. I also met a talented vocalist, we've recorded three cover tracks, and I'm finishing up production on those, and we're writing two originals. I hope to help her get an EP released.

I think that's all. How have all of you been?

motuscott

07 Dec 2018

Welcome back, Scuzz.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

eusti

07 Dec 2018

Hey!!! What a neat surprise, Scuzz!!! Good to see you back! That all sounds great! I hope that one of the things that we're going to see is your ESQ-1 / SQ-80 RE!!! ;)

D.

ScuzzyEye

07 Dec 2018

eusti wrote:
07 Dec 2018
I hope that one of the things that we're going to see is your ESQ-1 / SQ-80 RE!!! ;)
That's definitely one. First I want to do a 2.0 release of the MS-34 as a test for a new rendering process to generate the UI. (Plus other things like anti-aliasing.)

Version 1 of the Esquire-180 is initially planned to be ESQ-1 only. As I've been able to re-create nearly all of its wavetables from scratch (most are simple combinations of harmonics). The problem with the SQ-80 is that it has recorded sounds. I can't recreate those faithfully. But I'm wondering if I sample the analog output of my SQ-80, and clean up the samples, could I use those? Seems other people release drum machines with recorded samples. Gotta get 1.0 out first anyway. :)

eusti

07 Dec 2018

Thanks for the update, man! ESQ would be plenty for me! Only ever had that one anyways!
So looking forward to it! Let me know if you need help testing! :)

D.

• Information