Draw in CV?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Leighbeater

31 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018
Leighbeater wrote:
28 Oct 2018
does the latest version have better drawing curve possibilities for the automation or is still the same as Reason 8?
I wonder, is this really so necessary. I came to Reason after using Live & Bitwig, both having automation curves, but after initial discomfort I quickly adjusted to it. You don't really hear very much difference when using a smooth curve vs. one "constructed" from several points and it's pretty quick to add them, or even draw them using the above mentioned method. Sure, I'd like to get curves eventually (and the tech is already there - see the envelopes in Europa/Grain), but it's nowhere near the top on my priority list.
thanks for your replies

I have found a way to get cv wave forms the ones i was after and i didn't have to draw them

I am currently testing one of the CV to audio Re's
messing around with LFOs etc and recording their CV output to audio coming up with interesting results which i was after

Loque

31 Oct 2018

Leighbeater wrote:
31 Oct 2018
antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018

I wonder, is this really so necessary. I came to Reason after using Live & Bitwig, both having automation curves, but after initial discomfort I quickly adjusted to it. You don't really hear very much difference when using a smooth curve vs. one "constructed" from several points and it's pretty quick to add them, or even draw them using the above mentioned method. Sure, I'd like to get curves eventually (and the tech is already there - see the envelopes in Europa/Grain), but it's nowhere near the top on my priority list.
thanks for your replies

I have found a way to get cv wave forms the ones i was after and i didn't have to draw them

messing around with LFOs etc and recording their CV output to audio coming up with interesting results which i was after
Just to mention here, that Thor can convert audio<->cv. For converting audio->cv you can use a compressor and some free dedicated RE for this to smooth the output. And ofc, as you might already noticed, there are special audio->cv RE.
Reason12, Win10

Leighbeater

31 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
31 Oct 2018
Leighbeater wrote:
31 Oct 2018

thanks for your replies

Just to mention here, that Thor can convert audio<->cv. For converting audio->cv you can use a compressor and some free dedicated RE for this to smooth the output. And ofc, as you might already noticed, there are special audio->cv RE.
:thumbs_up:
Yes plenty of ways to mess around with CV in Reason
looking forward to more experimenting

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
29 Oct 2018
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... generator/

Just automate the knobs on this FREE device and use the outs on it.
Sweet.. an even more simple solution! Thanks

• Information