Novation Launchkey 49 and Europa Auto Map

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

12 Jun 2018

Hi All,

I have been trying to find auto mapping for Europa and my Novation Launchkey 49. It is also frustrating trying to get the hang of the code as described in this video:



...which doesn't work in Europa's case (Or I am missing something).

Does anyone know how (if there is an automap file) to install the file so that I can use it with my keyboard. A step-by-step idiots guide would also be very much appreciated!

It always feels that I am missing out on some variation and control of playing style when the buttons, faders and pots are not being utilized.

Coding and fiddling with files gets my head in a spin :?

Cheers

S

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

12 Jun 2018

I map stuff for the Nektar usually however I just throw this together, it should work for the Novation Launchkey 49

Code: Select all

Scope	Propellerhead Software	se.propellerheads.Europa
//	Control Surface Item	Key	Remotable Item	Scale	Mode
Map	Cliplaunch 1		Select Previous Patch
Map	Cliplaunch 2		Select Next Patch

Map	Fader 9		Master Volume
Map	Button 1		Reverb On
Map	Button 2		Delay On
Map	Button 3		Dist On
Map	Button 4		Comp On
Map	Button 5		Phaser On
Map	Button 6		Eq On
Map	Button 7		0
Map	Button 8		Effect On


Map	Fader 1		Osc1 Shape
Map	Fader 2		Osc1 Shape Amt
Map	Fader 3		Osc2 Shape
Map	Fader 4		Osc2 Shape Amt
Map	Fader 5		Osc3 Shape
Map	Fader 6		Osc3 Shape Amt
Map	Fader 7		Amp Gain
Map	Fader 8		Amp Velocity


Map	Knob 1		Osc1 Filter Freq
Map	Knob 2		Osc1 Filter Reso
Map	Knob 3		Osc2 Filter Freq
Map	Knob 4		Osc2 Filter Reso
Map	Knob 5		Osc3 Filter Freq
Map	Knob 6		Osc3 Filter Reso
Map	Knob 7		Osc1 Wave
Map	Knob 8		Osc2 Wave


The important thing is not to loose the white spaces (tab) and use an editor that supports them..

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jun 2018
I map stuff for the Nektar usually however I just throw this together, it should work for the Novation Launchkey 49

Code: Select all

Scope	Propellerhead Software	se.propellerheads.Europa
//	Control Surface Item	Key	Remotable Item	Scale	Mode
Map	Cliplaunch 1		Select Previous Patch
Map	Cliplaunch 2		Select Next Patch

Map	Fader 9		Master Volume
Map	Button 1		Reverb On
Map	Button 2		Delay On
Map	Button 3		Dist On
Map	Button 4		Comp On
Map	Button 5		Phaser On
Map	Button 6		Eq On
Map	Button 7		0
Map	Button 8		Effect On


Map	Fader 1		Osc1 Shape
Map	Fader 2		Osc1 Shape Amt
Map	Fader 3		Osc2 Shape
Map	Fader 4		Osc2 Shape Amt
Map	Fader 5		Osc3 Shape
Map	Fader 6		Osc3 Shape Amt
Map	Fader 7		Amp Gain
Map	Fader 8		Amp Velocity


Map	Knob 1		Osc1 Filter Freq
Map	Knob 2		Osc1 Filter Reso
Map	Knob 3		Osc2 Filter Freq
Map	Knob 4		Osc2 Filter Reso
Map	Knob 5		Osc3 Filter Freq
Map	Knob 6		Osc3 Filter Reso
Map	Knob 7		Osc1 Wave
Map	Knob 8		Osc2 Wave


The important thing is not to loose the white spaces (tab) and use an editor that supports them..

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Poohbear!

I'll try it when I get home from work...although I'm not quite sure what file to paste it into (there are about 11 files in the Novation folder).

I'll let you know how I get on!
:thumbs_up:

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 487
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

13 Jun 2018

I'll try it when I get home from work...although I'm not quite sure what file to paste it into (there are about 11 files in the Novation folder).
You should copy/paste that code into this file:
\Remote\Maps\Novation\Launchkey 49 InControl.remotemap

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

13 Jun 2018

In windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Novation
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Novation
File: Launchkey 49 InControl.remotemap
(well that was the one I opened from your title)


PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

ljekio wrote:
13 Jun 2018
I'll try it when I get home from work...although I'm not quite sure what file to paste it into (there are about 11 files in the Novation folder).
You should copy/paste that code into this file:
\Remote\Maps\Novation\Launchkey 49 InControl.remotemap
That was the file I was messing with previously...but this time it has worked...(so happy) !!!! :D

Thanks so much!

S

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jun 2018
In windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Novation
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Novation
File: Launchkey 49 InControl.remotemap
(well that was the one I opened from your title)


PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers Carl...dat shiz done worked....(finally)!

Thank you good sir! :D
Last edited by Southgate on 13 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

What's crazy is this brings yet another form of excitement to using the synths (An enhanced power of Reason subject)...this really should be made a bit more transparent for users of all controllers!

Maybe Mattias or Ryan could make a tutorial on this subject...

I am as happy now as when a Reason update has hit!!!

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

13 Jun 2018

Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018
What's crazy is this brings yet another form of excitement to using the synths (An enhanced power of Reason subject)...this really should be made a bit more transparent for users of all controllers!

Maybe Mattias or Ryan could make a tutorial on this subject...

I am as happy now as when a Reason update has hit!!!
Note: When you make changes to the file on the fly and Reason is open you have to go into the Control Surface find it, un-tick and re-tick it for the changes to take effect.

This is for my Nektar.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.87 KiB) Viewed 383 times

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018
What's crazy is this brings yet another form of excitement to using the synths (An enhanced power of Reason subject)...this really should be made a bit more transparent for users of all controllers!

Maybe Mattias or Ryan could make a tutorial on this subject...

I am as happy now as when a Reason update has hit!!!
Note: When you make changes to the file on the fly and Reason is open you have to go into the Control Surface find it, un-tick and re-tick it for the changes to take effect.

This is for my Nektar.
Capture.JPG
Yes...and your point?

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jun 2018


Note: When you make changes to the file on the fly and Reason is open you have to go into the Control Surface find it, un-tick and re-tick it for the changes to take effect.

This is for my Nektar.
Capture.JPG
Yes...and your point?
That we have to refresh the midi controller?

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018


Yes...and your point?
That we have to refresh the midi controller?
I realized that...thank you!

The orginal video post by Fretless Fingers also stated that. A good tip...but I realized it.

Many thanks!

S

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

13 Jun 2018

Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018


That we have to refresh the midi controller?
I realized that...thank you!

The orginal video post by Fretless Fingers also stated that. A good tip...but I realized it.

Many thanks!

S
Sorry I did not watch the video, I added it as I expected you to make your own changes to the map I provided, I make maps on the fly all the time and I know others restart Reason or the controller for the changes to take effect...

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

13 Jun 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jun 2018
Southgate wrote:
13 Jun 2018


I realized that...thank you!

The orginal video post by Fretless Fingers also stated that. A good tip...but I realized it.

Many thanks!

S
Sorry I did not watch the video, I added it as I expected you to make your own changes to the map I provided, I make maps on the fly all the time and I know others restart Reason or the controller for the changes to take effect...
Absolutely no problem with your submission...I am extremely grateful!!!! Many thanks indeed. I always witness you giving great tips. Please keep up the good work...So many people benefit from it!

S

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 487
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

13 Jun 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Jun 2018

Sorry I did not watch the video, I added it as I expected you to make your own changes to the map I provided, I make maps on the fly all the time and I know others restart Reason or the controller for the changes to take effect...
Yes, many years I restarted Reason after every change of remotemap. :)
Only 4-5 years I use that trick with checkbox.

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

15 Jun 2018

Working so nicely...and now my thoughts turn to VST instruments...

Will that work?

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

15 Jun 2018

Yep, they will work too.

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

15 Jun 2018

...care to spoon feed me?

As they don't have for eg: se.propellerheads.Europa Re reference files...

Sorry to be a pain...

S

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

15 Jun 2018

Trying to do it with Synthmaster One..

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

15 Jun 2018

Hang on...got it working...

Just changed the company name (Propps to KV331 Audio) and Reference to SynthMasterOne!

Shaatiiiiiinnnnngggg!

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

15 Jun 2018

Spoke too soon...only got Master Volume working so far...watch this space! :-)

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

15 Jun 2018

Add you VST (or RE) then from the file menu select "Export Device Remote Info".

You get all your remote names and stuff from that file..

Southgate
Posts: 86
Joined: 05 Feb 2016

15 Jun 2018

HA....

In all of the years of using Reason....since about 2001. I have never even paid attention enough to know about that option in the menu...!

Thanks!

My eyes hurt...I have given up on coding / staring at the screen intensely.

Thank you for the knowledge!

S

Ejectzero
Posts: 16
Joined: 04 Dec 2017

16 Jun 2018

Southgate, would you mind sharing your text used for the remotemap? I'd like to do the same with Europa and my Launchkey but haven't thought of how to configure it yet. Your reference might help to start with it? :)

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

16 Jun 2018

Ejectzero wrote:
16 Jun 2018
Southgate, would you mind sharing your text used for the remotemap? I'd like to do the same with Europa and my Launchkey but haven't thought of how to configure it yet. Your reference might help to start with it? :)
Read further up the thread, I put a base map for Europa for the Launchkey....

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: korsun and 13 guests