Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Adabler
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Loque wrote:
08 May 2018
Preset? What Preset? From the device?
As in patterns for that particular lane or global if you use the top ones.
:reason: 12, Win10

Fantomas

08 May 2018

sdst wrote:
08 May 2018
I find this update more attractive than the 10.0,

so now this is the real R 10
well... I used to be a fanboy since v1, but now can’t be dishonest: I think it’s another p...take I’ll have to buy the Drum Sequencer if I don’t upgrade to 10 in May.

The “real R 10” for me would contain everything being announced with an update, for free if it’s a free update no matter when I upgrade to that version and real care about customers would be 50% off for R 9.x license holders for at least a short period of time, I’m sure people who felt some disturbance in the force seeing the price tag for a too little too late upgrade 10 was would feel a bit “compensated”. I’m really sad this company is going that way.

EnochLight

08 May 2018

Fantomas wrote:
08 May 2018
well... I used to be a fanboy since v1, but now can’t be dishonest: I think it’s another p...take I’ll have to buy the Drum Sequencer if I don’t upgrade to 10 in May.

The “real R 10” for me would contain everything being announced with an update, for free if it’s a free update no matter when I upgrade to that version and real care about customers would be 50% off for R 9.x license holders for at least a short period of time, I’m sure people who felt some disturbance in the force seeing the price tag for a too little too late upgrade 10 was would feel a bit “compensated”. I’m really sad this company is going that way.
If you're on any version other than 10.x right now, then the "real" Reason 10 is exactly what it is - right now. For $129 USD, and before May 31, you get everything. Including the new Drum Seq Player. I'm not sure how this could be viewed as a piss take or bad thing at all, for anyone, on pre-10.

It was also officially announced by Propellerhead that there will be no paid update for the rest of 2018 (see their blog post), so everyone can rest assured that they will get even more features - for free - for the rest of 2018. I'm still wondering how this could be viewed as a bad thing?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kalm

08 May 2018

Just when I was in need of a native drum sequencer for Kong, THIS (also thanks to Propulsion, came in handy). And sample loading in Europa. . .
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

tiker01

08 May 2018

Fantomas wrote:
08 May 2018
sdst wrote:
08 May 2018
I find this update more attractive than the 10.0,

so now this is the real R 10

I get you where you are coming from. Still this marketing strategy has been used when the SDK was updated and Audiomatic and Synchronus were released. So there is nothing new. Most likely the Drum Sequncer will become a stock device in a few years, as it has just happened with Synchronus.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Fantomas

08 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
08 May 2018
Fantomas wrote:
08 May 2018

If you're on any version other than 10.x right now, then the "real" Reason 10 is exactly what it is - right now. For $129 USD, and before May 31, you get everything. Including the new Drum Seq Player. I'm not sure how this could be viewed as a piss take or bad thing at all, for anyone, on pre-10.

It was also officially announced by Propellerhead that there will be no paid update for the rest of 2018 (see their blog post), so everyone can rest assured that they will get even more features - for free - for the rest of 2018. I'm still wondering how this could be viewed as a bad thing?
I understand your point, what I’m saying is I think they could have fitted the DS in for free not just for a limited time because now if I only get paid early next month the upgrade to 10 would cost me what it costs plus the price of DS which I want to get of course ;) and I’m still losing money if they make it as a stock device in the future.

The best model I’ve seen from a software company is the rent to own scheme where you can pay small increments monthly then have the full version of a software for yourself when you paid the last bit. Props do subscriptions for RE’s which I really like, but nowadays it feels it’s all about the money. At least there would be an option to buy out the stuff you like monthly if you pay extra on top of the subscription price.

It’s a massive value for money of course if you are on older versions to upgrade for $129 but from 9.5 to 10.1 when recently Reason Essentials users could get a full Reason 10 for $99, come on.

I would make an upgrade more expensive if you are on an older version and less expensive as the version you are coming from is more recent but who am I :)

Voyager

08 May 2018

@ Lectric Panda

It is possible to make Kompulsion recieve notes within the combinator just like we could do with Step Note recorder ?

Reasonable man

08 May 2018

I Love the Drum Sequencer . Maybe it's jus the timming of it right now cause i've immersed myself in beat making but its a handy tool .
Although Logic has had its groundbaking Drummer feature for quite some time now I much prefer this as it still requires you to learn basic patterns yourself to get the best out of it. I see so many people just load in drum loops in daws and then a fill loop on bar 8 that its kinda like a plauge now. This thing is a great practising tool and so many ways to apply variations you might not think of naturally . Big thumbs up to this

Mauricio Duarte

08 May 2018

Kalm wrote:
08 May 2018
Just when I was in need of a native drum sequencer for Kong, THIS (also thanks to Propulsion, came in handy). And sample loading in Europa. . .
Exactly, this is amazing news for me too. I was tired of using kong with Redrum, all the routing you have to do is exhausting. Getting an enhanced version of Europa is also another great news.

Kalm

08 May 2018

Mauricio Duarte wrote:
08 May 2018
Kalm wrote:
08 May 2018
Exactly, this is amazing news for me too. I was tired of using kong with Redrum, all the routing you have to do is exhausting. Getting an enhanced version of Europa is also another great news.
I must just be a Reason fanboy. :lol: But seriously you are absolutely right. No more wiring Propulsion to Kong. Then there's Kompulsion if you need 16 channels.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

groggy1

08 May 2018

Kalm wrote:
08 May 2018
Mauricio Duarte wrote:
08 May 2018

I must just be a Reason fanboy. :lol: But seriously you are absolutely right. No more wiring Propulsion to Kong. Then there's Kompulsion if you need 16 channels.
+1 about not having to wire Propulsion to Kong anymore (although I had saved that in a Combinator as a stopgap )

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 May 2018

Voyager wrote:
08 May 2018
@ Lectric Panda

It is possible to make Kompulsion recieve notes within the combinator just like we could do with Step Note recorder ?
When players are inside Combinators, they don't really "receive notes" in the typical sense. Whatever device they are attached to will receive the notes and they will get passed though the players.

Adabler
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

I use L1mdrum a lot and the drum sequencer will cerainly make that and other drum REs much more approachable.
:reason: 12, Win10

Data_Shrine

08 May 2018

Kalm wrote:
08 May 2018
Mauricio Duarte wrote:
08 May 2018

But isn't there already a Combi patch in Propulsion that is wired to Kong (also one for ReDrum) ? I never had to wire them manually !

JerrelTheKing

08 May 2018

I agree with @sdst that this is the real Reason 10 the only catch is that I have until May 31 to get it. The drum sequencer shouldve been on 10 from the start and should remain on 10. Because what will the price of it be after May 31 and will it be worth it in the open market next to Kompulsion?? I'm a long time ReDrum power user this seems like ReDrum 2. Plus the main reason I didnt get 10 was becuase I had just gotten 9.5.. sheesh props.

Kalm

08 May 2018

Data_Shrine wrote:
08 May 2018
Kalm wrote:
08 May 2018

But isn't there already a Combi patch in Propulsion that is wired to Kong (also one for ReDrum) ? I never had to wire them manually !
Quite possibly but the way I work, I got to set everything up :cool: I use templates though. Plus, I'm picky and hate using combo's for drums lmao

electrofux

08 May 2018

So you guys like the Drumsequencer more than Europa, Grain, the sample library and the other instruments?

It is a nice little Sequencer but far from being the end of all sequencer dreams. There is a ton i like and i dont like about this device.

Dont want to step on someones toes but It is kind of weird to have noticed the ranting when 10 came out and now 1 little device is the best thing of the world.

And trust me i would agree if this thing was perfectly done as i like all kinds of sequencers.

Data_Shrine

08 May 2018

Kalm wrote:
08 May 2018
Data_Shrine wrote:
08 May 2018

Quite possibly but the way I work, I got to set everything up :cool: I use templates though. Plus, I'm picky and hate using combo's for drums lmao
Oh I see :P

Now my big question is.. since RE now have Pattern Automation, will Propulsion be updated ? :D

JerrelTheKing

08 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
08 May 2018
So you guys like the Drumsequencer more than Europa, Grain, the sample library and the other instruments?

It is a nice little Sequencer but far from being the end of all sequencer dreams. There is a ton i like and i dont like about this device.

Dont want to step on someones toes but It is kind of weird to have noticed the ranting when 10 came out and now 1 little device is the best thing of the world.

And trust me i would agree if this thing was perfectly done as i like all kinds of sequencers.
I think the Drum Sequencer actually makes R10 a better more complete update tbh. I wouldve got R10 day 1 had it been included. Now if I dont get the upgrade in a few weeks notice Im going to have to eventually decide between it and Kompulsion

Loque

08 May 2018

Sigh...Using Europa with samples is really sweet...but as soon as i click on save (i have changed the sample) i need to save the sample somewhere...sigh...sigh...Discarded the patch...sigh......sigh...
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

electrofux wrote:
08 May 2018
in my case yes, I have a lot of synth

it's not Only the Drumsequencer, there's also Pattern lanes, I was waiting that and copy to track

JerrelTheKing

08 May 2018

so the drum sequencer is going to be $69.. sigh
Last edited by JerrelTheKing on 08 May 2018, edited 2 times in total.

JerrelTheKing

08 May 2018

That drum sequencer is really going to help break into the FL Studio trap music stranglehold.. Probably 95% of all commercial trap is made using FL and its their pattern sequencer that has done that.

phasewash

08 May 2018

Could anybody tell me if the drum seq player is also free for reason intro users? Thanks.

Kalm

08 May 2018

The drum sequencer just makes certain things easier. It's never about making the biggest breakthrough. Literally I just got into drum programming about a couple months ago and it made me search for an in house solution in reason and this happens. It also solves some things I didn't care too much about propulsion AND i can remove it off of my subscription list. See where im going here??

• Information