Sampling in Reason- Play Slice to End

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zona

02 May 2018

Hi all,
I have been sampling with Recycle in Reason for a very long time now. I have also recently learned about bouncing the slices in "Slice Edit" mode into a Rex loop for use in Dr. Octo. However, I have yet to find a way in Reason to play a slice past the start of the following slice, allowing an overlap if my next chop cuts off my slice quicker than I would like. An example of what I am looking for is the "Play to End" function in FL Studio's Fruity Slicer, which allows for a single chop to be played as long as I hold the key down (to the end of the song at the longest). Is there ANY way to do this in reason, via settings or other plugins I could download. Help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

campbejo
Competition Winner

02 May 2018

I managed to setup kongs nurse rex player to behave this way, however it is a bit tedious to setup and probably not easy to switch between patches. It also doesn't behave exactly as you would like (once triggered it plays to the end unless stopped manually ) but close enough. I'll let you decide whether or not it's worth the bother.

1. Load rex loop onto pads ( limited to 16) and keep default hit type (loop trig).
2. Add pads to a single mute pad group.
3. Manually set each pads slice range.
4. If you want a kill switch, keep one pad empty and make sure it's in the same mute pad group.

Like I said, it's a lot of bother but at least it's possible.

QVprod

02 May 2018

Not the same but you can get a similar result however if you load the slices into an NNXT. You can set the play mode to FW loop or FW-BW so that the sound doesn't cut off.

zona

03 May 2018

Thanks! I'll be giving these a try tonight, seems like a fairly simple function that I'm looking for but just tricky in reason, maybe they'll add this feature one day. Cheers!

• Information