[speculation] What’s Next?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pjeudy

25 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
25 Dec 2017
EnochLight wrote:
25 Dec 2017
No, this has nothing to do with virtual desktops. It's just stock Windows management on a single monitor, and is pretty easy to do in Windows. When you have more than one window open, just hold down your Windows key and select the right or left arrow, and then select the other window you want to split screen with. Resize any windows to taste. Easy peasy:

Save a default song project like this and it will open like this every time.
Thanks for the effort, but that really looks clumsy to me. I'm incredibly visual person and that seems like - because it is - a puzzle made of elements that don't belong together and is about to fall apart... :(
And that is exactly the setup I been using for years and years. And after years of using this setup as shown in the video. I realized what the problem was...The RACK! the same Rack That got me into Reason had become a pain in the ass. The RACK on a single monitor was just unreasonably too big. It made navigating 2 windows on one screen an annoying experience.

And I have suggested that Propellerhead re code the whole thing to make The RACK and all device in it to re-sizable or give users the option to make every device float I'm talking about RE's and native devices.

The way I work in Reason ...I always wanted my RACK visible with the Mixer and sequencer in one window. So I compromised space of each of the windows in order to have all 3 windows on one screen. Some have suggested in the past that I should use a keyboard to switch between full size window, but It always felt like an unnecessary workaround which brings up the many adventures of the clicking in REASON. This is something Propellerheads themselves should address now that they have decided to become a full DAW.

I use STUDIO One on the same Monitor that I use for REASON...and there's no problem with seeing The browser, the Mixer, sequencer, Midi edit window on one screen....sure I want a bigger screen since I use My monitor for Video, photo also...But It's a much better experience on one screen then with REASON.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information