8.3 update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dotg Tha OG

29 Jun 2015

Been Trying To Download Ver 8.3 With No Luck. 
Anyone Else Having The Error Keep Showing Up 
Everytime You Click On The Link

joeyluck

29 Jun 2015

For what it's worth, they are at the end of beta testing. 8.3 is scheduled for official release tomorrow. You might try another browser or download application, but if you have no luck, check back tomorrow...

Faastwalker

30 Jun 2015

I just fired up Reason & at the top of the program window I saw the message, 'Reason 8.3 available. Download now or not' (something along those lines). I clicked to download, chose to restart Reason & install & in no more than a few minutes from starting the download Reason 8.3 was installed & ready to go. Amazing! Looks like Propellerhead have updated there update process. No more moving Refills from the Program folder, uninstall Reason, install new version, move refills back into Program folder. The is much, much smoother. More like updating an iOS App!

Smallter Ego

30 Jun 2015

UPDATE: Found it - it's going on AFTER the login screen... inside the DAW, top of the screen. My bad - downloading!
-------------
Weird, I'm not getting any 8.3 available info when I fire up my 8.2

Are you in The States?

S
Reason. Because!

Deep Schulzz

30 Jun 2015

Wow - what a cool new update procedure - fast & easy! Congrats to Propellehead.

The new RV 7000 Mk II looks great. I wonder when the announced convolution reverb refill will be available.

bpmorton

30 Jun 2015

taking longer to download the free RV 7000 refill than it took to update!

Dotg Tha OG

30 Jun 2015

Ok The Reason 8.3 update Is official.. now running 8.3 on
the imac

deankay

30 Jun 2015

Ah no, so disappointed. Thought the Zoom fucntiion was going to be an actual rack zoom where you could zoom in on Devices.
Silly me :frown:

zeebot

30 Jun 2015

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

arqui

30 Jun 2015

deankay wrote:Ah no, so disappointed. Thought the Zoom fucntiion was going to be an actual rack zoom where you could zoom in on Devices.
I thought the same
where is the Birds-eye that announced?

good is just a my problem I see little :)
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Dotg Tha OG

30 Jun 2015

• Zoom to Selection function for quickly zooming in on selected clips or notes.

Dotg Tha OG

30 Jun 2015

this is just a listening to the consumer type
update.. whenever Reason 9 drops im updating 
to that as well unless they start coming like 
avid with 699 price tag then im jumping ship.. 
but i think its a cool update though...

KEVMOVE02

30 Jun 2015

The practice of getting massive updates/upgrades every 2-3 years is at an end. Even companies that don't switch to SAAS model will start offering:
  • smaller updates to core software more frequently
  • "Amateur, Professional and Expert" versions
  • Greater reliance on bundling (aka Rig Bundles)

Exowildebeest

30 Jun 2015

KEVMOVE02 wrote:The practice of getting massive updates/upgrades every 2-3 years is at an end. Even companies that don't switch to SAAS model will start offering:
  • smaller updates to core software more frequently
  • "Amateur, Professional and Expert" versions
  • Greater reliance on bundling (aka Rig Bundles)
Not completely. The marketing attraction of full numbered is still huge. I'd say the things you mention will be merged with the old model. In fact, they already are.

deepndark

30 Jun 2015

Just updated! I tried some samples with the RV7000 MK2 but the sound crackled with my own samples. Looking forward to try out the samples that Props have made for it.

Ostermilk

30 Jun 2015

Deep Schulzz wrote:Wow - what a cool new update procedure - fast & easy! Congrats to Propellehead.

The new RV 7000 Mk II looks great. I wonder when the announced convolution reverb refill will be available.

It's in the shop.  A free ReFill

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... i-patches/

jfrichards

30 Jun 2015

Dotg Tha OG wrote:this is just a listening to the consumer type
update....
 I think it would be a mistake to downplay the convolution reverb. That's a serious tool.

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason/effects/rv7000

playfio

30 Jun 2015

Hi All

First post here...I've been running reason 8.0 for a good while, I didn't see the need to update to version 8.2 for the sake of additional colour options. Now I'm tempted to upgrade to 8.3.

I'm just a bit cautious - when I upgrade, am I going to lose stuff like all my current settings / control surfaces / audio drivers??
It took a good while to get certain external MIDI gear working with Reason 8.0 - hope the upgrade doesn't return all my settings to default..

Has anyone got any experience / advice of updating and whether any settings are lost / soundbank locations changed etc..

Thanks

ScuzzyEye

30 Jun 2015

playfio wrote:It took a good while to get certain external MIDI gear working with Reason 8.0 - hope the upgrade doesn't return all my settings to default..
Has anyone got any experience / advice of updating and whether any settings are lost / soundbank locations changed etc..
Reason 8.3 shouldn't have any problem importing the 8.0 settings. It even imports 7.1 settings just fine. But it does update the settings file, so if you try to go back, you'll have to set things up again. If you have any plans of going backward, you should back up your settings file before launching 8.3 for the first time.

Reason 8.2 did change the location of the factory sound banks (including Orkester.rfl, and ID8.dat). When you install 8.[23] over top of 8.1 or earlier, it'll find the old sound banks and move them to the new location. Reason also now has the ability to update or install missing sound banks.

Ocean of Waves

30 Jun 2015

deankay wrote:Ah no, so disappointed. Thought the Zoom fucntiion was going to be an actual rack zoom where you could zoom in on Devices.
why would anyone want to do that?

ScuzzyEye

30 Jun 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:why would anyone want to do that?
Because when you're using a 4k display, the controls are itty bitty. (Unless you use an OS zooming function.)

Exowildebeest

30 Jun 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote: Because when you're using a 4k display, the controls are itty bitty. (Unless you use an OS zooming function.)
I think he was playing sarcastaball ;)

Ocean of Waves

30 Jun 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote: Because when you're using a 4k display, the controls are itty bitty. (Unless you use an OS zooming function.)
Props just need to support those screens, has nothing to do with rackzooming IMHO

BillyKodak

30 Jun 2015

Midi focus from the rack. Yaaaaay!!! :-) :-)

ScuzzyEye

30 Jun 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:Props just need to support those screens, has nothing to do with rackzooming IMHO
It would be cool if the support for higher resolution displays was to allow the rack to zoom in and out. So you could have an overview, and then get in closer when you're adjusting controls.

• Information