Reason browser defect - not refreshing itself when new file is created from outside of Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jappe

24 Jun 2015

I wonder if this flaw is there for other versions than my ver 8.2:

If I have the browser set on a specific directory, and then create a new file from outside of Reason, for example tweaking a sample, then the reason browser doesn't refresh the browser so the new file isn't shown until I go up a directory and then down again for example.

I'd expect the Reason browser to be receiving a refresh event from Windows to have it updated.
My 10 year old Adobe Audition refreshes the "open file" dialogue immediately for any new file without user interaction. 
Adobe Audition seems to be using a standard Windows dialogue, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be possible for Reason to register the browser for listening on New File events from Windows?

WillyOD

24 Jun 2015

Would be nice. I think I've requested this feature before (around R6). The easiest way to do this currently is indeed, just to hit the "Up One Folder" arrow [or Backspace] and then go back to the directory you want refreshed.

These small and easy sounding fixes seem to take a while with Props. Like before, when project files were touched (file date+time updated) when they were opened even if there were no changes made to the project.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

• Information