Ambient / space patches

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
lzap

04 Sep 2017

I am looking for some good nice ambient or "from outer space" patches, trying to achieve that Interstellar theme atmosphere. I know that the main instrument there is genuine organ. Do you have some other tips from R9 stock sounds?

Loque

04 Sep 2017

Long delay with reverb in a feedback loop and gains feeded into the delay feedback buffer
Reason12, Win10

lzap

04 Sep 2017

Uh, can you explain to noob, what is feedback buffer?

Loque

04 Sep 2017

Here is just a quick example with some patches i have laying around which used, what i described (delays, feedback, reverb, grains). The first part i provided with a patch here. The other parts are just more bs added :-D
Long Space delay.zip
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

I provided a simple basic Combinator and a picture that describes how to create a feedback loop. Just use a send fx, and instead routing it back to send-return, use a dedicated channel. Than enable there the same send fx. BUT!!! BE CAREFULL! Feedbackloops may produce endless signals that could get nuts and end up a harsch, loud anyoing signal that could damage ears and speakers.
basicfeedbackexample.jpg
basicfeedbackexample.jpg (344.09 KiB) Viewed 550 times
basicfeedback.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
And...check out the "Break Out" on The Echo's back. Here you can also change the feedback buffer of the delay. Use another delay or Saturation or reverb or phaser or whatever (keep in mind, it is also a feedbackloop).
Reason12, Win10

• Information