What's your GAS level since Reason 9.5?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

How much GAS have you had since VSTs were introduced? (GAS == Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

No increase - I'm happy with what I have
27%
Small increase in purchasing (maybe 1 or 2 VSTs) - just dabbling
37%
About 5 VSTs... I love Reason 9.5, but I'm keeping things under control
18%
Uh oh, about 10 new purchases. Gotta cut back on the lattes
8%
>20 VSTs installed. I've lost my mind :)
10%

Total votes: 51
groggy1

29 Aug 2017

aeox wrote:
28 Aug 2017
GAS is when you think that buying new gear/plugins is going to magically make you a better producer. Big difference than just owning a wide variety of VST/RE
Agreed. Also, I think GAS is just a hunger to get that shiny new toy, and not about making music sometimes.

gullum

29 Aug 2017

I get a fall back every now and then but I've been clean for more then a year now only got 2-3 new RE's in last 2 years no VST at all in that time. Last fall back I had I bought guitars and bass now I want to sell some because I realized I don't need 20

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Aug 2017

Not sure what to vote for. I've only made one purchase... but it was for 17 VSTs. 😀

Staarchylld

29 Aug 2017

Except for a few rack extensions I have switched over to mainly using the waves VSTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motuscott

30 Aug 2017

Wife kicked me out.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

motuscott

30 Aug 2017

PSoames wrote:
29 Aug 2017
motuscott wrote:
29 Aug 2017
I have real gas, not related to SW, more like digestive issues, does anyone have an app for this?
I'm running Turd v.30
Have you considered a Wind instrument? Double reed would reduce the penetration factor if you're worried about maintaining a comfortable anus.

Alternatively, go brass. However, ensure you keep a tight embouchure. One slip there and not even the water-key is going to help keep your bell clear.
PSoames
Totes worried about a comfortable anus (Eyes on the prize, y'know}
Now if I can tie this to Trump...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

mark999

30 Aug 2017

I bought Reason 9.5 three months ago and since then I purchased;

Stereo Splitter
A list Electric guitarist pop chords
A list Electric Guitarist Power Chords
Acoustic Guitarist
Parsec2
And downloaded approximately 10-15 different REs to trial and play with.
Next purchase will be Selig Gain, and after that I'm done, no more purchases for a long time.
Even without any rack extensions, the default Reason rack, sounds and instruments are enough to make pretty much anything you can dream of. Expanding it is exciting, but the more you have, the more you lose focus, and the more you lose focus, the less music you'll make.
I think the key is try and stay lean and hungry as opposed to fat and full. There are hundreds of REs, imagine if you bought all of them you would never produce anything.
It's an easy trap to fall into; to constantly buy crap we don't need, then discuss it on forums rather than focus and concentrate on making more music with what we already have.
A good example is the MCLASS mastering suite. I can get fantastic results with it, so there is no need for any other eq, compressor, or maximizer RE, they would just be a waste of time and money for me. Reason can do almost everything without REs.

• Information