Parsec 2?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AttenuationHz

26 Jun 2017

Just saw this in the shop. What's the deal you have to pay for an upgrade. I bought it then I think it integrated into a version. I have not used it in an age but having to pay for an updated versions seems off.

It was released in November but really only seen it now I know!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jonheal

26 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
26 Jun 2017
Just saw this in the shop. What's the deal you have to pay for an upgrade. I bought it then I think it integrated into a version. I have not used it in an age but having to pay for an updated versions seems off.

It's just one of those things. I paid twice, too.

Although expectIng endless free upgrades is possibly unreasonable, as well. It is fairly significantly different from the first version.

Wait for the next sale. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Oquasec

26 Jun 2017

It's basically propellerhead's thor successor. There's enough additions in it to constitute a 2.0 believe me.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
26 Jun 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
26 Jun 2017

It's just one of those things. I paid twice, too.

Although expectIng endless free upgrades is possibly unreasonable, as well. It is fairly significantly different from the first version.

Wait for the next sale. :)
Unfortunately, whenever Parsec has gone on sale, they have never discounted the upgrade, due either to a limitation of the shop or an unwillingness to put upgrades on sale.

jonheal

27 Jun 2017

In that case, I guess you gotta take a chance as to whether or not it's worth springing for the upgrade.

Their track record being what it is, at the very least, you can count on Propellerhead not putting out crap devices. It won't likely be the worst 40 bucks you ever spent in our life.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

AttenuationHz

27 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
27 Jun 2017
In that case, I guess you gotta take a chance as to whether or not it's worth springing for the upgrade.

Their track record being what it is, at the very least, you can count on Propellerhead not putting out crap devices. It won't likely be the worst 40 bucks you ever spent in our life.
Can't even try it because its a paid update. Guess I'll just wait till it becomes free like the first one.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Oquasec

27 Jun 2017

You can still access the manual if you are still certain you don't want to buy it yet.
Producer/Programmer.

AttenuationHz

27 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
27 Jun 2017
You can still access the manual if you are still certain you don't want to buy it yet.
Manual shmanual... :)

Oquasec

28 Jun 2017

Well, to each their own. I like reading manuals for everything I can before and after receiving an item like these.
Producer/Programmer.

AttenuationHz

28 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Well, to each their own. I like reading manuals for everything I can before and after receiving an item like these.

Dive right in me then go to manual when stuck. Will probably change that behaviour though! :D

Zac

28 Jun 2017

I'd love this update but the upgrade price is crazy bearing in mind the initial outlay. Held to ransom. No. Feck it no.1 is good for me.

Oquasec

28 Jun 2017

Like I've said, to each their own. Updated ages ago, and lovin every second of it when it's in use.
Producer/Programmer.

Ahornberg

28 Jun 2017

The Parsec 2 update is fully worth the price :thumbs_up:

Faastwalker

28 Jun 2017

It's a fantastic upgrade but the price was a little steep for it after the initial outlay for Parsec. But I really love Parsec 2. It's easy to get some crazy sounds out of it.

Zac

28 Jun 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Jun 2017
It's a fantastic upgrade but the price was a little steep for it after the initial outlay for Parsec. But I really love Parsec 2. It's easy to get some crazy sounds out of it.
I'm sorry but I still find the 39 a fuckin ransom. Balls to em.

Zac

28 Jun 2017

That's a lot of cider. Were talking weeks here.

AttenuationHz

28 Jun 2017

Zac wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
28 Jun 2017
I'm sorry but I still find the 39 a fuckin ransom. Balls to em.
Tend to agree. Just won't be spending the money think I'll stick to eXpanse :thumbs_up:

MannequinRaces

29 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
26 Jun 2017
It's basically propellerhead's thor successor. There's enough additions in it to constitute a 2.0 believe me.
Parsec as an additive synth... Thor can do six different types of synthesis... I would say that Parsec is absolutely not Thor's successor.

Oquasec

29 Jun 2017

Parsec is an additive synth that can do Fm, and has over a thousand partials in total. Whether or not you'd use it is up to you.
I find it's update includes thor's wavetables in it now.
Producer/Programmer.

AttenuationHz

29 Jun 2017

Can you input audio into the filters and use the brick wall filter on a kick drum?

Ahornberg

29 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Jun 2017
Can you input audio into the filters and use the brick wall filter on a kick drum?
No. See the manual page 7 https://a.phcdn.se/static-live/pdf/oper ... b36c8e.pdf
But maybe yes. See manual page 8.

Oquasec

29 Jun 2017

You'd be surprised at the punchy kicks you'd be making in even subtractor. [IF YOU READ TFKING PDF] :lol:
Producer/Programmer.

AttenuationHz

29 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
29 Jun 2017
You'd be surprised at the punchy kicks you'd be making in even subtractor. [IF YOU READ TFKING PDF] :lol:
That's all well and good but it doesn't tell you in the PDF how to make a punchy kick with Subtractor. All it does is explain what each parameter is.

Oquasec

30 Jun 2017

They expect everyone using their software to have found some other place to learn sound design, it is what it is and is no dev's fault. However, there should be a whole subforum dedicated to nothing but modular wires & anything sound design related. The reasons for that not existing here is unknown to me, but it is what it is.
Producer/Programmer.

aeox
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
29 Jun 2017
Oquasec wrote:
29 Jun 2017
That's all well and good but it doesn't tell you in the PDF how to make a punchy kick with Subtractor. All it does is explain what each parameter is.
it's all in the the ADSR of the filter, amp + filter cutoff frequency + resonance.

subtractor can make kicks but the best punchy kicks come from synths with much better algorithms, like the filter section and snappy envelopes. VK-2 for example, makes some snappy punchy amazing kicks!

edit: expanse too!

• Information