Morphing between sound with a full range EQ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bengtbengtsson

21 Jun 2017

Hello I want to do a morph between two sounds but instead of making a cross fade between the sounds with volume I want to do a cross fade with an EQ. The ordinary EQs in reason does not "go all the way down or up"... I mean that I want to Lower the EQ for sound one so much that I can not hear it and then turn it up until it it is not effected by the EQ at the same time I want sound two to go from not effected to rise the EQ all the way up until you can not hear it. I want this to be easily made by just twisting a nob. So the EQ in the vocoder will not be so good for this case. I figured out that on of the filter in thor worked well for turning the sound from normal to down but I cant find a EQ that turns the sound from normal up to not hear able.

So the questions is: is there a way to EQ the sound up so I can not here the sound by just twisting a knob in reason? Or if some one have a good idé of how to morph a sound in to another.

best regards: Bengt.

selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2017

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding this, but it sounds like you're describing a basic fade out to silence. What am I missing here?
Selig Audio, LLC

Aikmofobi

21 Jun 2017

I think he means a lowpass or highpass filter sweep to where the sound becomes inaudible. Pulveriser can do this.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2017

Aikmofobi wrote:
21 Jun 2017
I think he means a lowpass or highpass filter sweep to where the sound becomes inaudible. Pulveriser can do this.
is there a way to only use the filters with pulveriser? even when i reset all settings it still imparts some harshness on the signal going through it.

• Information