New Redrum pattern programming remotable items. Usable in Remote Maps ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
electrofux

08 Apr 2015

Sneak peak of the "manual" since i will be off computer for a couple of days (4mb jpeg - i hope it shows up). It will not get any better (apart from a few missing pages), since my time is limited.

Edit: nope, i think it doesnt show up. Probably too big. I see if i can post it somewhere.

electrofux

12 Apr 2015

Manual is done so far. Now a few bugs that need to be fixed.

But just found out that with Redrum and a few Minglers and a ModPanel a polyphonic Sequencer is to soem extent possible.
At least something like at 3:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNskXJHoBw
is doable.

Have to suppress the urge to get on this and finnish what i got so far ;-)

electrofux

12 Apr 2015

Btw this is the combi that can play back chords (up to 4 notes atm) from a selection of 8 notes through Redrum.

It needs quite a few Res like:
Modpanel 8
RVL
Select Switch (device from heaven sent)
Mod Selsor
Mingler
and a few free ones

The Modpanels sets the notes for the 8 Redrum Channels that get mingled together.
You can set the Note of the scale in the top row and the root key with rotary two in the second row (shown in the mod selsor).
The faders set the octave.

Now the gatelength needs to be adjusted alot of time when you play around because at certain gatelengths where tow note ons follow quickly Mingler drops notes. But in general it works.

Now for programming Chords via the Redrum Interface this is too complicated. But since the new Remote Map allows the display and operation of 8 Channels at a time, i figure a simple chord sequencer for launchpad could be made of this.
The ModPanel part on this is also quite interesting as it easily allows to set the correct pitches for 8 Channels with root key and Octave selection. Comes in handy for sequencing combis. That the scales can be saved as presets is also nice.

And oh, a 64 bar monophonic sequencer is certainlly also possible.
edit: i have also attached a monophonic version which doesnt need the mingler. Cool sideeffect is that it can transpose within the scale via the rootkey rotary.
Attachments
4_bar_monophonic_Redrum.zip
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

electrofux

12 Apr 2015

Abit offtopic but i used the above combi to make a Pitch Sequence for Euclid and came up with three different versions using a Redrum Pattern to advance the PitchSequence or a PCV adding probability or Ammo for pure Pattern variety.
The Ammo one needs the CV suite Line Processor to quantize the LFO values.
The Aligator/Ammo One is also fun

The AliMatrix Version is the one with the least REs (ModPanel8,RVL,SelectCV, ModSelsor and a couple of free ones). And fun to play, swipe the Matrix and get a new Melody.

And as tonights final the Ali Matrix Scales Version which has 12 Scales programmed into a zvork SL1 and can be switched on the Modpanel and additionally all 8 notes can be offset from the Modpanels first row which is pretty nice -full control over pitches.

Made a new thread here:

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/generic- ... 1286853889

since this turned out too nice to be buried here. 2 new slimmed down standalone versions in there too.
Attachments
Ali_Pitcher_Matrix_Scales_Version.zip
(10.88 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

indijinouz

24 May 2015

Oh my goodness!!! I've been missing out on the conversation! Is this where everybody comes now since they closed the PUF? Oh well, I'm here now. I had no idea anybody else was obsessing over the same exact suuuper specific thing I have been this past month. Wiiiiieeerd! I have so many questions now I dont't know where to start. So instead I'll just share a little demo of what I've been up to, I'm adding functionality to alotta different controllers while I'm at it, but for me, I'm heavily focused on my Launchpad(s) and this has caused me to dive even deeper once again into the rabbit hole of Remote and trying to really understand once and for all how to write a codec that supports parameter feedback so that I can A) give some of these generic controllers their own remote support so that the leds reapond appropriatley (i.e. SparkLE, Kontrol F1. It's annoying to switch to another channel or pattern and the lights don't change, thats where I'm stuck) and B) most importantly, I want to accomplish what it looks like you figured out electrofux (not surprised seeing you in here btw lol): COLOR FEEDBACK for my Launchpads. I'm tired of just RED lights. I just want to figure out the cleanest simplest way to work that ability in to how I already use my Launchpad, which is with Automap, I don't wanna give up Automap in the process of getting the color feedback to work, there haaaas to be a way!

just a taste of what ive been working on launchpad programming wise. I'm holding off on revealing the othef controllers for now until I get everying just right ;) ....
http://youtu.be/zUSFbB0wcD8
http://youtu.be/lx0foifJTtI
http://youtu.be/kf6sKBthaEQ
http://youtu.be/Oq7TYoXl4f8

and yes I did dammit... buy the second launchpad as soon as I saw the remote support for redrum announced... i couldnt help myself;p

and lastly, have ya'll seen this....

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1999

... now tell me you don't want one of those babies... with 2 extra rows and few extra buttons for you know

Nocturn789

01 Jun 2015

Hi people.
Maybebaby I could need your help.
Is there anybody really into lua???

I search a way to define different coloroptions to single pads on the launchpad.
So what works so far:

- Define which colors should light up when there come different values out of reason:
   example: 0 makes a pad low green, 1 makes it yellow, 2 makes it red, 3 makes it orange ect. whatever i want to.

- Groups inside remotemap file.

- nearly everything exept:

1 Pad on group 1 should lighten up with different colors than the same Pad on group 2.

How do i do this?
I think "Mode" inside the mappings in the remotemap file could be the key.
can someone explain me that stuff?

best regards
nocturn

indijinouz

08 Jun 2015

Nocturn789 wrote:Hi people.
Maybebaby I could need your help.
Is there anybody really into lua???

I search a way to define different coloroptions to single pads on the launchpad.
So what works so far:

- Define which colors should light up when there come different values out of reason:
   example: 0 makes a pad low green, 1 makes it yellow, 2 makes it red, 3 makes it orange ect. whatever i want to.

- Groups inside remotemap file.

- nearly everything exept:

1 Pad on group 1 should lighten up with different colors than the same Pad on group 2.

How do i do this?
I think "Mode" inside the mappings in the remotemap file could be the key.
can someone explain me that stuff?

best regards
nocturn
I have no idea, lol, but I'm interested in the answer too. You shoupd provide your map or a screenshot with exactly what your referring to so the person who knows fan answer in context of what your seeing. You can use Skitch to draw arrows and diagram around the section easily.

sorry I can't answer I'm really here to learn as much as possible, I've gotten as far as writing a working codec to go with a map but I get stuck at the point of parameter feedback.

Gorilla Texas

08 Jun 2015

indijinouz wrote:Oh my goodness!!! I've been missing out on the conversation! Is this where everybody comes now since they closed the PUF? Oh well, I'm here now. I had no idea anybody else was obsessing over the same exact suuuper specific thing I have been this past month. Wiiiiieeerd! I have so many questions now I dont't know where to start. So instead I'll just share a little demo of what I've been up to, I'm adding functionality to alotta different controllers while I'm at it, but for me, I'm heavily focused on my Launchpad(s) and this has caused me to dive even deeper once again into the rabbit hole of Remote and trying to really understand once and for all how to write a codec that supports parameter feedback so that I can A) give some of these generic controllers their own remote support so that the leds reapond appropriatley (i.e. SparkLE, Kontrol F1. It's annoying to switch to another channel or pattern and the lights don't change, thats where I'm stuck) and B) most importantly, I want to accomplish what it looks like you figured out electrofux (not surprised seeing you in here btw lol): COLOR FEEDBACK for my Launchpads. I'm tired of just RED lights. I just want to figure out the cleanest simplest way to work that ability in to how I already use my Launchpad, which is with Automap, I don't wanna give up Automap in the process of getting the color feedback to work, there haaaas to be a way! just a taste of what ive been working on launchpad programming wise. I'm holding off on revealing the othef controllers for now until I get everying just right ;) .... http://youtu.be/zUSFbB0wcD8 http://youtu.be/lx0foifJTtI http://youtu.be/kf6sKBthaEQ http://youtu.be/Oq7TYoXl4f8 and yes I did dammit... buy the second launchpad as soon as I saw the remote support for redrum announced... i couldnt help myself;p and lastly, have ya'll seen this.... https://www.adafruit.com/products/1999 ... now tell me you don't want one of those babies... with 2 extra rows and few extra buttons for you know

I'm a drum programming dude nice vids.

Nocturn789

10 Jun 2015

@indijinouz

Hay dud

I found out how that thing with "Mode" works. its a nice thing but It's not what i needed.

anyway my template is about 80% finished.
I will upload it to this forum with a use guide.

maybe i'll do a video ;)

Nobel Akustik

22 May 2017

Old thread i know but i hope somebody can help me pls.
I am on R9 so i dont understand why i can´t Remote the Redrum Steps to anything.
If i rightclick on any of those steps there is no option to remote override them at all.

artotaku

23 May 2017

Nobel Akustik wrote:Old thread i know but i hope somebody can help me pls.
I am on R9 so i dont understand why i can´t Remote the Redrum Steps to anything.
If i rightclick on any of those steps there is no option to remote override them at all.
Select Redrum -> Options -> Remote Overrides Edit Mode -> Right Click on any of the yellow arrows over the 16 steps (e. g. Selected Drum Toggle Step 1) -> Edit Remote Override Mapping

Note that not all Remote Items are visible, e. g. the running light for the step position is remotable as well but only from remotemap/remote codec.

Nobel Akustik

23 May 2017

artotaku wrote:
Select Redrum -> Options -> Remote Overrides Edit Mode -> Right Click on any of the yellow arrows over the 16 steps (e. g. Selected Drum Toggle Step 1) -> Edit Remote Override Mapping

Note that not all Remote Items are visible, e. g. the running light for the step position is remotable as well but only from remotemap/remote codec.
Thanks Artotaku this helps me a lot :thumbs_up: . Didn´t know this feature exists till yet so i will definitly look what controls i can also map to my controllers.
Also nochmal vielen Dank dafür!

artotaku

23 May 2017

Nobel Akustik wrote:
artotaku wrote:

Thanks Artotaku this helps me a lot :thumbs_up: . Didn´t know this feature exists till yet so i will definitly look what controls i can also map to my controllers.
Also nochmal vielen Dank dafür!
Kein Problem :-)
A complete list of Reason 9 remotables (Redrum included) can be found on Koshdukai´s site:
https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.d ... -list.html

Note that this list is orginally and somehow unofficially generated/provided by Propellerhead and not the newest one.

Nocturn789

22 Feb 2018

Olivier wrote:
02 Apr 2015
electrofux wrote:Another essential thing is the selected Channel buttons. Hope they are remotable too otherwise it would be half assed and you still need a mouse to program beats. Still hoping ;-)
I can confirm that it works !!

What i currently have on my Launchpad is this :

Code: Select all

Map  Button 1-1    Selected Drum Toggle Step 1
Map  Button 1-2    Selected Drum Toggle Step 2
Map  Button 1-3    Selected Drum Toggle Step 3
Map  Button 1-4    Selected Drum Toggle Step 4
Map  Button 1-5    Selected Drum Toggle Step 5
Map  Button 1-6    Selected Drum Toggle Step 6
Map  Button 1-7    Selected Drum Toggle Step 7
Map  Button 1-8    Selected Drum Toggle Step 8
Map  Button 2-1    Selected Drum Toggle Step 9
Map  Button 2-2    Selected Drum Toggle Step 10
Map  Button 2-3    Selected Drum Toggle Step 11
Map  Button 2-4    Selected Drum Toggle Step 12
Map  Button 2-5    Selected Drum Toggle Step 13
Map  Button 2-6    Selected Drum Toggle Step 14
Map  Button 2-7    Selected Drum Toggle Step 15
Map  Button 2-8    Selected Drum Toggle Step 16
Map  Button 3-1    Select Drum 1
Map  Button 3-2    Select Drum 2
Map  Button 3-3    Select Drum 3
Map  Button 3-4    Select Drum 4
Map  Button 3-5    Select Drum 5
Map  Button 3-6    Select Drum 6
Map  Button 3-7    Select Drum 7
Map  Button 3-8    Select Drum 8
Map  Button 4-1    Select Drum 9
Map  Button 4-2    Select Drum 10
Map  Button 4-7    Edit Steps
Map  Button 4-8    Edit Accent
Now if only i can figure out the rest of this launchpad codec so i can change some of the coloring :P
Just grabbing this topic out again to say that those additions back then were just awesome. I just still miss the Remotable Items "Selected Drum Toggle Step 17" to "Selected Drum Toggle Step 64". I would be so happy ^^

• Information