What did I do to screw up my MacBook/Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
boomer

21 May 2017

Running Reason9 on 2015 MacBook Pro with Sierra. Seem like every time I want to edit slice markers in the sequencer view it wants to "pre-calculate the target settings". It can take 10 minutes to do this on a 4 minute vocal track.

I fixed disc permissions, cleared up 40gigs of free space on the HD, shut off all other programs and wi-if. What am I missing that is causing this?

Last Alternative

21 May 2017

Because Propellerhead needs to fix a lot of bugs for Mac users. Contact Support and let's make some noise. It's getting old.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Surfeast

21 May 2017

From my experience Sierra still not friendly to audio . See if you can scale back to Yosemite , I have NO issues Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 32 gb i5 fusion drive
Inspired by hearing Kraftwerk in 1976

Data_Shrine

21 May 2017

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sierra.. I know it wasn't working wonder when just released, however Ableton runs smoother on Sierra in my machine than it did on Mavericks.

As Last Alternative said, PH needs to fix a lot of bugs for Reason on macOS. Some of them are showstoppers (like the one you are experiencing).

fieldframe
RE Developer

21 May 2017

As a counterpoint, Sierra has been excellent for me, but it was actually Yosemite that didn't like my audio driver (until Steinberg got around to making an updated one).

I don't think your problem has anything to do with audio drivers, though, since you're doing offline stuff (audio editing). It sounds like something is massively slowing down SSD access for Reason. Clearing up space would have been my first suggestion, but you already did that. Are you running Sophos or something that might need to exclude Reason from its scans?

boomer

21 May 2017

Not running any extra protection programs other than that which may be running inside the MacOS. That said, is there something I may have inadvertently switched on inside MacOS that I should shut down?

• Information