Predicting Reason 10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oquasec

07 May 2017

A hardware kong. Dude. Don't even say this.
A literal hardware version of a reason device don't even. Don't even suggest this blasphemy.
It should happen.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

talex

07 May 2017

Artificial intelligence so Reason can improvise and jam with me.

keys

07 May 2017

User defined scale quantize for the piano roll editor.

Last Alternative

07 May 2017

I want Reason to be a robot person who's my mentor, is in my band and makes me famous. Maybe someday... R100, I'm guessing.

But eventually he'll get jealous of me being human and kill me and wear my skin and such. Scary!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Gaja

08 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:
Gaja wrote:
Creativemind wrote:
Just looked into this, it's pretty cool. Didn't know it existed. Not with the arrows over the parameters anyway. Used it before to assign a midi controller key to the tap tempo and assign pitch bend and modulation for on the fly automation but that's all.

So how do you get it to create a mix channel, don't see how that's possible at the moment?
Like I said it can be used to create shortcuts for buttons :) so sadly not for creating a mix channel device (which can be created with ctrl+shift+M on windows, cmd+shift+M on Mac).
Ctrl / shift / m doesn't work on Windows with Reason 8.3. Tried other combo's as well, ctrl m, ctrl / alt / m etc etc and nothing. You're either on mac or you're using a later version than me.
Yes that's right it was added in 9 I believe. I am on mac btw and there are software solutions to shortcuts available. Maybe there are similar options for windows as well?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 May 2017

The ability to FREELY vertically zoom in on a wave file (up to full screen). The ability to select multiple faders and move all at once. Yes I'm aware of the buss channels. A new instrument or FX device.

nikolafeve

08 May 2017

stp2015 wrote:I think that Props have some nice cash flows coming in now: Updates from existing users and many people returning / coming to reason for the first time because of VST. Plus more cash from Verdane.

What will they do with this cash for version 10? Here are my three predictions:

1) Higher resolution / vector GUI to make reason more sexy for all the kids out there
2) More players (e.g. a step sequencer), possibly a players SDK
3) Possibly: Updates for some devices such as Thor, Kong, and NNXT

What do you guys expect?
100% agree an totally realistic !!
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

scratchnsnifff

08 May 2017

nikolafeve wrote:
stp2015 wrote:I think that Props have some nice cash flows coming in now: Updates from existing users and many people returning / coming to reason for the first time because of VST. Plus more cash from Verdane.

What will they do with this cash for version 10? Here are my three predictions:

1) Higher resolution / vector GUI to make reason more sexy for all the kids out there
2) More players (e.g. a step sequencer), possibly a players SDK
3) Possibly: Updates for some devices such as Thor, Kong, and NNXT

What do you guys expect?
100% agree an totally realistic !!
Now that I'm thinking about it I can agree with the stock device upgrade, I always want them to update malstrom Thor or sub, but something else always gets the update first, I could totally see them updating st least Thor, because with a burst of new users (or old users coming back especially) people will more than likely want the synths to be a little bit more modernized, maybe Thor could have a few modifiers? Who knows, or maybe a drawable filter slope for a filter? I always am dying for the stock device upgrades! I saw the sonic talk episode last week and one (or both) of the people interviewed said the only thing they didn't like about reason was the synths :p I am the opposite, to each his own. Hopefully R10 will be a certified banger of a release with all the income and hype il leave it to the pro(p)s
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Creativemind

08 May 2017

Gaja wrote: Yes that's right it was added in 9 I believe. I am on mac btw and there are software solutions to shortcuts available. Maybe there are similar options for windows as well?
I'm glad it's been added. Did Propellerhead announce this feature anywhere, don't see it on their site for their list of features on their site? hope it was in the manual under a 'New in Reason 9' section?
Last edited by Creativemind on 08 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Gaja

08 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:
Gaja wrote: Yes that's right it was added in 9 I believe. I am on mac btw and there are software solutions to shortcuts available. Maybe there are similar options for windows as well?
I'm glad it's been added. Did Propellerhead announce this feature anywhere, don't see it on their site for their list of features om their site? hope it was in the manual under a 'New in Reason 9' section?
Actually I think I read about it here on Reasontalk... but they have probably updated the shortcuts list :)!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Creativemind

08 May 2017

Gaja wrote:
Creativemind wrote:
I'm glad it's been added. Did Propellerhead announce this feature anywhere, don't see it on their site for their list of features om their site? hope it was in the manual under a 'New in Reason 9' section?
Actually I think I read about it here on Reasontalk... but they have probably updated the shortcuts list :)!
What I meant was, was it stated or did someone have to stumble across it by accident? I think they may have added a "New In Reason 9" section in the manual (or was that just some documentation I had for the beta, forget now)? It rather annoys me though when the Props don't list EVERY feature they implement on release. I don't care if it's a bug or a miniscule feature, if it was added, tell us. What we supposed to do, guess? then you end up finding out something really useful was added 4 months later that you could have been using such as the adding of Keyboard Shortcut to Create a Mix Channel.

Gaja

08 May 2017

Creativemind I don't remember and after a bit of research couldn't find any official announcement of the shortcut. Maybe they pointed to it in the Beta test phase, but I don't remember. I understand your frustration with the lack of minute documentation. But on the bright side, now you know. And possibly others who read this thread. Also since I've just been there, here's the link to Prop's documentation: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... elp-files/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Creativemind

08 May 2017

Just found a Reason Version 9 Shortcuts section on their site and it is listed in there. See my attachment pic.

Here is the link below. It is on the second page of the "General keyboard shortcuts" section. Again though, you have to sift through, they could've highlighted / emboldened the new shortcuts in 9 and indicated new ones were emboldened.

https://a.phcdn.se/Reason9/Manuals/Reas ... mmands.pdf
Attachments
Mix Channel Shortcut.JPG
Mix Channel Shortcut.JPG (20.24 KiB) Viewed 2620 times

Arrant
Competition Winner

08 May 2017

Creativemind wrote: What I meant was, was it stated or did someone have to stumble across it by accident? I think they may have added a "New In Reason 9" section in the manual (or was that just some documentation I had for the beta, forget now)? It rather annoys me though when the Props don't list EVERY feature they implement on release. I don't care if it's a bug or a miniscule feature, if it was added, tell us. What we supposed to do, guess? then you end up finding out something really useful was added 4 months later that you could have been using such as the adding of Keyboard Shortcut to Create a Mix Channel.
It was stated before the release. I remember reading about it beforehand, since this was something I felt (probably like you) was missing before

theshoemaker

08 May 2017

The_G wrote:Here's what I hope is included:

1. Freeze tracks
You can already do that viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7500299&p=327140#p327140
Last edited by theshoemaker on 08 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Oquasec

08 May 2017

Before reason 9, file menu/export menu.
In reason 9, right click.
Each update they add 100+ pages to the manual, I change my mind about holding off updates. :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

08 May 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
The_G wrote:Here's what I hope is included:

1. Freeze tracks
You can already do that viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7500299&p=327140#p327140
Put a link that works on here mate lol!

Creativemind

08 May 2017

Arrant wrote:
Creativemind wrote: What I meant was, was it stated or did someone have to stumble across it by accident? I think they may have added a "New In Reason 9" section in the manual (or was that just some documentation I had for the beta, forget now)? It rather annoys me though when the Props don't list EVERY feature they implement on release. I don't care if it's a bug or a miniscule feature, if it was added, tell us. What we supposed to do, guess? then you end up finding out something really useful was added 4 months later that you could have been using such as the adding of Keyboard Shortcut to Create a Mix Channel.
It was stated before the release. I remember reading about it beforehand, since this was something I felt (probably like you) was missing before
Cool, but was that in an article you may or may not see? lol! just want them to list EVERY feature in a list on release but that's just me. Lol!

Hope they read these threads lol! this reply has a lot of loll's lol!

apostrophedave

09 May 2017

track folders is something i would really like at the moment.

or some features that would make reason better for live performance, maybe something like session view in ableton.
an option to add effects at 0% dry/wet as adding them at 100% doesnt sound good in a live situation

blocks mode could do with an update. maybe option to copy or move patterns to another block would be a great time saver.

one thing that really bugs me that i dont ever see mentioned is how reason shuts down after you close the last document. how does everyone else deal with this? i would much rather if there was some type of file launcher window that would stay open that would let you open another documents, or at least some warning that its the last open document. either that or make reason faster to start up or remove the log in screen :D
i think the launcher would be better though because it could also be used to close other documents as well. there are times when i have lots of documents split up but you have to find the sequencer to close the document completely.

im another one that would like video support as well. something ultra basic that will just play a video file.

one last thing: learn mode for the combinator programmer. please god let this be in the reason 10!

Loque

09 May 2017

apostrophedave wrote:track folders is something i would really like at the moment.

or some features that would make reason better for live performance, maybe something like session view in ableton.
an option to add effects at 0% dry/wet as adding them at 100% doesnt sound good in a live situation

blocks mode could do with an update. maybe option to copy or move patterns to another block would be a great time saver.

one thing that really bugs me that i dont ever see mentioned is how reason shuts down after you close the last document. how does everyone else deal with this? i would much rather if there was some type of file launcher window that would stay open that would let you open another documents, or at least some warning that its the last open document. either that or make reason faster to start up or remove the log in screen :D
i think the launcher would be better though because it could also be used to close other documents as well. there are times when i have lots of documents split up but you have to find the sequencer to close the document completely.

im another one that would like video support as well. something ultra basic that will just play a video file.

one last thing: learn mode for the combinator programmer. please god let this be in the reason 10!
For me the Live-Session stuff is not so important, but i lkied it very much in Ableton, when i trialed it. I was very inspiring to make a session, just to check how things could be done, what worked and what doesnt.

The 3000 opened windows are realy confusing when you open multiple songs. But i have no idea, what would be a better solution. Maybe just one master window. But its not a big issue to me.

Video support would be nice, if it fits. But not really an issue to me.

What you mean Combinator learn mode?
Reason12, Win10

Alkua

22 May 2017

I am thinking in Reason 10, will come out a player to guitar.

ltbrunt00

22 May 2017

how about a chord selecting tool on the left side of the midi note input section. You click on the tool bar and every chord available is listed. You select the chord and it writes the midi notes. You could even make this tool so users can select multiple chords to for a progression.

This way you could build any combination of chords with out wrestling with the player. The chord/Scale player is nice but I would like to just see all chords + inversions and select them quickly.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

xbitz

22 May 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:how about a chord selecting tool on the left side of the midi note input section. You click on the tool bar and every chord available is listed. You select the chord and it writes the midi notes. You could even make this tool so users can select multiple chords to for a progression.

This way you could build any combination of chords with out wrestling with the player. The chord/Scale player is nice but I would like to just see all chords + inversions and select them quickly.

http://feelyoursound.com/sundog/

drag'n'drop is working ... to an id8 track, that would be my first wish in R10
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

JerrelTheKing

22 May 2017

mixer/rack/sequencer automatically synchronizing like in Logic or at least the option. Hijacked this from another thread in the event Props looks to this thread for ideas.

ltbrunt00

22 May 2017

I think cubase has this feature. Right now I normally play chords on my piano keyboard or Guitar then modify notes as needed.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information