Props told me today they added 1000 new beta 9.5 testers. I wasn't one of them :(

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

05 May 2017

A lot of people really want to try reason with vsts i see.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

rexbrewer

05 May 2017

1000 new ones? :( I wasn't chosen either mate.... sad face.

kitekrazy

05 May 2017

Keep in mind that if they added 10,000 or more it might bring down their servers.

pjeudy

05 May 2017

mreese80 wrote:A lot of people really want to try reason with vsts i see.
Seems like it.
9.5 is an instant hit. I'm hoping for Propellerheads that there are lots of new users included in those numbers.I'm still amazed by this event a week later...after all these years..VST has now turned into part of Propellerheads bread and butter, at least for now interns of Promotion and most importantly good will and Real interest in there DAW from former REASON users and those already in the bubble but still craved to use VST's inside of there DAW.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

mreese80

06 May 2017

pjeudy wrote:
mreese80 wrote:A lot of people really want to try reason with vsts i see.
Seems like it.
9.5 is an instant hit. I'm hoping for Propellerheads that there are lots of new users included in those numbers.I'm still amazed by this event a week later...after all these years..VST has now turned into part of Propellerheads bread and butter, at least for now interns of Promotion and most importantly good will and Real interest in there DAW from former REASON users and those already in the bubble but still craved to use VST's inside of there DAW.
Yea. I've always wanted vsts for reason. Been my dream since version 5. Plenty of people on this forum would go off on me and others every time vsts were brought up. Seems like there aré plenty of liars on this forum. Secret vst supporters who were hiding in the shadows. Now the entire forum is VstTalk.com lol. Vsts were the only reason stopping Reason from being the #1 daw. Nothing compares to it and nothing comes close to it. It's on the right track now. Just a few more work flow tweaks and features and itll be ahead of everybody. I'm kinda pissed i didnt get the beta on day 1 it today but May 29th Ill have it for sure.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

decibel

06 May 2017

this will also mean lots more reason vids on places like youtube where potential customers will get to see it shine and hopefully be enticed to join the ranks ;)

miscend

06 May 2017

In what order do they do it. Is it first come first served or randomised?

mreese80

06 May 2017

miscend wrote:In what order do they do it. Is it first come first served or randomised?
I have no idea. Usually when i sign up for beta testing i get it the same day i submit. Not this time. I've missed 2 waves so far. Kinda sad about it lol

mreese80

06 May 2017

decibel wrote:this will also mean lots more reason vids on places like youtube where potential customers will get to see it shine and hopefully be enticed to join the ranks ;)
Not being able to use vsts is what always had reason back. But you can expect to see plenty of videos for reason now.

IAMGOD

06 May 2017

mreese80 wrote:

Vsts were the only reason stopping Reason from being the #1 daw. Nothing compares to it and nothing comes close to it. It's on the right track now. Just a few more work flow tweaks and features and itll be ahead of everybody. I'm kinda pissed i didnt get the beta on day 1 it today but May 29th Ill have it for sure.

WHOOOOA there buddy.... lol

Even with being able to use VST's and whatever tweaks they're going to make Reason is still years behind Ableton Live and the Push 2.
Props used to be innovative now I feel like the last few years they're just now catching up to speed with the other DAWS. They still don't even have a dedicated controller like Maschine, MPC Touch or the Push 2. To improve workflow which in turns allows producers to be more creative. It takes me a longer time in Reason to accomplish some of the simple things I can do in Ableton in no time at all. And I know Reason really well..
Follow me on Instagram: Mr_Relevant
And live vicariously through me.

Oquasec

06 May 2017

It'd take me hours to do in reason or studio one/cubase, what'd take a day to do in ableton or fl studio.
And that's because I know what the fuck I'm doing in those

:lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

06 May 2017

IAMGOD wrote:
mreese80 wrote:

Vsts were the only reason stopping Reason from being the #1 daw. Nothing compares to it and nothing comes close to it. It's on the right track now. Just a few more work flow tweaks and features and itll be ahead of everybody. I'm kinda pissed i didnt get the beta on day 1 it today but May 29th Ill have it for sure.

WHOOOOA there buddy.... lol

Even with being able to use VST's and whatever tweaks they're going to make Reason is still years behind Ableton Live and the Push 2.
Props used to be innovative now I feel like the last few years they're just now catching up to speed with the other DAWS. They still don't even have a dedicated controller like Maschine, MPC Touch or the Push 2. To improve workflow which in turns allows producers to be more creative. It takes me a longer time in Reason to accomplish some of the simple things I can do in Ableton in no time at all. And I know Reason really well..
Agreed! It still needs plenty more workflow things (sequencer, midi editing, rack, mixer, audio, sync'ing windows and browsers, all parameters in the right values, manual parameter inputs, EVERYTHING automatable etc etc) but it'll be interesting to see where Reason comes in this years Music Radar Top 20 Daw list now. FL Studio usually wins it hands down.

In 2013 or 2014 Reason was 4th I think (it was not long after Reason 7 came out I think). 2015 Reason was ranked 9th in the list. 2016 it was 8th. One ahead of Pro Tools. I envisage it going back up to about 4th after this.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ltbrunt00

06 May 2017

Getting smack downs for bringing up the VST boogieman is a right of passage. Love reason I really wanted VST when they came out with Record. at this rate with only 1000 beta testers a week most of us will get it when it's released.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

mreese80

09 May 2017

I still haven't gotten the beta.

xbitz

09 May 2017

IAMGOD wrote:
mreese80 wrote: Even with being able to use VST's and whatever tweaks they're going to make Reason is still years behind Ableton Live and the Push 2.

lovely ones http://retouchcontrol.com/pusher/ , upped the docs to here http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/uy2nvHPa/file.html
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

Kalm

09 May 2017

I haven't received a beta invite either, one day. . .
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

evolve187

09 May 2017

mreese80 wrote:
miscend wrote:In what order do they do it. Is it first come first served or randomised?
I have no idea. Usually when i sign up for beta testing i get it the same day i submit. Not this time. I've missed 2 waves so far. Kinda sad about it lol
Ya i signed up day one and nothing yet either. Oh well at this point i doubt I'll have time to contribute even if they gave me access today. gonna be busy with other stuff for a couple weeks so I will likely just wait for the first release now.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

Gorgon

09 May 2017

mreese80 wrote:I still haven't gotten the beta.
So?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Gorgon

09 May 2017

PusheR is cool, but it's really not comparable with Push/Ableton use.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

sdst
Competition Winner

09 May 2017

Props told me today they added 1000 new beta 9.5 testers. I wasn't one of them

IAMGOD

09 May 2017

xbitz wrote:
IAMGOD wrote:
mreese80 wrote: Even with being able to use VST's and whatever tweaks they're going to make Reason is still years behind Ableton Live and the Push 2.

lovely ones http://retouchcontrol.com/pusher/ , upped the docs to here http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/uy2nvHPa/file.html
You can use the push2 in just about any DAW lol thats not new.
Reason itself is still years behind Ableton.
Maybe they'll catch up in Reason 10
Follow me on Instagram: Mr_Relevant
And live vicariously through me.

Gulale

09 May 2017

decibel wrote:this will also mean lots more reason vids on places like youtube where potential customers will get to see it shine and hopefully be enticed to join the ranks ;)
I know for a fact that I will start throwing mix that I do in Reason. My only problem is the bright side of the SSL. My eye can't see bright thing for a long period time.
Gulale aka Bereket

ReasonUser

09 May 2017

Gorgon wrote:
PusheR is cool, but it's really not comparable with Push/Ableton use.
Neither PusheR or even Nektar panorama are configured for a particularly tight integration with reason. I'd like to see a controller that's configured more like the layout of a analog synthesizer with LED strips above each row of knobs/sliders. With as little menu diving as possible.

EnochLight

09 May 2017

mreese80 wrote:Vsts were the only reason stopping Reason from being the #1 daw. Nothing compares to it and nothing comes close to it..
I've been on Reason for 17 years since 1.0, and I surely prefer working inside of it instead of other DAW... but it certainly has other things keeping it from being the #1 DAW, me thinks. The sequencer is missing so many features compared to other DAW, it would take me more time than I have to list the missing features and needed improvements. And judging from some of the reactions and feedback that you can read over at KVR, where virtually everyone is on a different DAW or uses a different DAW as their primary, adding VST in Reason isn't the golden goose needed to take that crown.

Though, it sure has generated a heck of a lot of discussion! Clearly it's a lot more popular than they think. ;)

Anywho, good luck to those who did get in on the beta testing. Squish some bugs!

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

superpop

09 May 2017

Gulale wrote:
I know for a fact that I will start throwing mix that I do in Reason. My only problem is the bright side of the SSL. My eye can't see bright thing for a long period time.
Try this https://justgetflux.com/

• Information