Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zakalwe

30 Apr 2017

dandandaaan wrote:
But other than a full incremental updates it seems to be advancing only barely more rapidly than the MIDI standard!
This is my only reservation - if Props are integrating VSTs for the first time, it seems crazy not to support the latest standard right off the bat (ie. VST 3 rather than 2). Surely they are inevitably creating more work for themselves in the future? I'm sure there are technical/financial reasons but surely one day they will have to support VST3.
I think they had already done some work on it from what i read but VST3 is still comparatively new and 2.4 is well known so it's maybe just easier to roll out quickly. it's not really of much interest to end users because 2.4 has all the functionality, it's just implemented differently.

GRIFTY

30 Apr 2017

I'm very curious to see if drag and drop will work with sample based instruments!

ezelkow1

30 Apr 2017

zakalwe wrote:
dandandaaan wrote:
But other than a full incremental updates it seems to be advancing only barely more rapidly than the MIDI standard!
This is my only reservation - if Props are integrating VSTs for the first time, it seems crazy not to support the latest standard right off the bat (ie. VST 3 rather than 2). Surely they are inevitably creating more work for themselves in the future? I'm sure there are technical/financial reasons but surely one day they will have to support VST3.
I think they had already done some work on it from what i read but VST3 is still comparatively new and 2.4 is well known so it's maybe just easier to roll out quickly. it's not really of much interest to end users because 2.4 has all the functionality, it's just implemented differently.
This, vst2.4 supports alot of what 3 made 'official' in its spec. I think that may be another reason they are holding off though. If they implemented vst3 they would officially have to support things like multi midi in/out channels and dynamic I/O audio channels which depending on their code base could be a huge undertaking to support things like that. It really makes sense just to go with 2.4 and whatever bonus features they can support first.

synaptyx

30 Apr 2017

Cannot freaking wait!

Since Reason 1

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2017

Oh that was pure genius!

Oquasec

30 Apr 2017

reason's workflow is so much like studio one it's basically cubase eurorack edition after 5.
The workflow is the same now. :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

SA Studio

30 Apr 2017

Creativemind wrote:
SA Studio wrote:I bet Magnus is absolutely stoked. He's free to create what he envisions for Reason.

Gonna be an amazing new era.
Not sure what that means? Magnus can continue to make VST's for any VST compatible daw like he could last week lol!

Sorry mate. Chuckled me.
Chuckle away :lol: It means exactly what it says: He had claimed before there were things he wanted to do that he couldn't with Reason at the time. Now he can. No big deal :thumbs_up: :reason:

Creativemind

30 Apr 2017

synaptyx wrote:Cannot freaking wait!

Love that picture. Would make a nice desktop. Where's it from, did you mock this up?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2017

Creativemind wrote: Love that picture. Would make a nice desktop. Where's it from, did you mock this up?
Windows 95 loading screen.

Oquasec

30 Apr 2017

A free RE or two for each update would be nice.
Of course not the 120+$ ones.
Producer/Programmer.

Mucrafta

30 Apr 2017

I am really Happy to use re and vst together.
Before i use reason most for rock Pop hands up trance etc. For orchestra stuff i use sonar.
And now I can use ew play hollywood orchestra :D in reason.
But how to use multi midi tracks. Multi audio out works. But how to get 16 midi instruments on seperate tracks.
Works it with midi out?
And can any one try to get vienna ensemble pro to work?

Abort re something perplex say they where death now. I dont thing so,because There are man really good re.
For example a list Gitarre and drums. GooD effects and good Master re.
We have the best from bot World in one daw. And i think it Would Come a lot more. :puf_bigsmile:

Faxxer

30 Apr 2017

I admit I only read about 4 pages deep...

By bringing in VST support to Reason, props have opened up a HUGE...or as Trump might say...YUGE!... market.

Yes it's NOT really going to help the RE guys right away....BUT

Considering you got hundreds of thousands of protools(and other crappy DAW) users who's main rejection of Reason was that "It's not a real DAW because it doesn't even support VST's" has just been slapped down since ALL of their expensive plugins now work in Reason.

Let's face it. The rack concept is simply the most amazing way to work with virtual instruments and those protools guys are going to try Reason now after years of knocking it. Reason is going to gain massive market share, acclaim, and RE's sales will pick up from these new users once they see how much BETTER RE's work in the rack than VST's that are buggy work.

This is a brilliant business model expansion. Just wait and see.

My opinion has been thrown down!

~ike
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

Oquasec

30 Apr 2017

To think the manual for all daws, are 1/5 the size of popular mangas.
Producer/Programmer.

pjeudy

30 Apr 2017

Faxxer wrote:I admit I only read about 4 pages deep...

By bringing in VST support to Reason, props have opened up a HUGE...or as Trump might say...YUGE!... market.

Yes it's NOT really going to help the RE guys right away....BUT

Considering you got hundreds of thousands of protools(and other crappy DAW) users who's main rejection of Reason was that "It's not a real DAW because it doesn't even support VST's" has just been slapped down since ALL of their expensive plugins now work in Reason.

Let's face it. The rack concept is simply the most amazing way to work with virtual instruments and those protools guys are going to try Reason now after years of knocking it. Reason is going to gain massive market share, acclaim, and RE's sales will pick up from these new users once they see how much BETTER RE's work in the rack than VST's that are buggy work.

This is a brilliant business model expansion. Just wait and see.

My opinion has been thrown down!

~ike
Yo Ike..that's am EXTREMELY optimistic view...Reason users are very passionate about there DAW.. :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:
Reason will of course gain some new and former users...But Remember, those other.. uhm.."crappy DAW" as you put it, do more then just host VST's.

Actually it's REASON users who will benefit from this announcement first..those VST that they always salivate for that those crappy DAW had for over a decade? now they will get to use them in REASON, after the CEO of Propellerhead had to do an embarrassing <--(my opinion) about face regarding VST's .

The REASON VST Thread on Gearslutz that I saw 2 days ago ..as of Today, has only 6 reply....Of course this means nothing serious..But isn't that where those Other Crappy DAW users usually post? You'd think they would be all over this announcement..maybe they are still in shock let's give them time to assess. :D

But I DIGRESS ...it's happy times.
Last edited by pjeudy on 30 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

mreese80

30 Apr 2017

pjeudy wrote:
That's the homie Grand Tizzle. He's a beast in reason. His production is off the chain. Dope producer.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

30 Apr 2017

This is so dope. I should make a Kong skin out of this lol.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Jonathan10

01 May 2017

Opusec,

Is studio one really as good workflow as reason? I dound it to be good but kinda cluncky. Does it have stuff like the players? The work flow in Reason is really efficient in my opinion. Thats why was competitive even though had inferior plugins.
:refill:

pjeudy

01 May 2017

Jonathan10 wrote:Opusec,

Is studio one really as good workflow as reason? I dound it to be good but kinda cluncky. Does it have stuff like the players? The work flow in Reason is really efficient in my opinion. Thats why was competitive even though had inferior plugins.
But should S1 be considered clunky if it doesn't have players?
Does R9 have away for you to solo/mute a Chanel with a short cut key? Can you view your MIDI lead and your melody and harmony together to better edit them against one another? Play a sound in R9 browser and listen to that sound go completely out of sync with you Reason session, You can't drag anything from inside REASON 9 into it's browser folder ...just those 4 things sounds clunky to me.

Studio One workflow is excellent. No! it doesn't have players and a few other cool features R9 has...but that doesn't make it clunky...as a matter of fact Reason should not be throwing the clunky word around will she lives in a glass house bubble....May 29th isn't here yet, until then it's a glass house bubble.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Oquasec

01 May 2017

Studio one has features reason needed rack extensions years ago for guys.
This is actually worth the upgrade cuz you can do a ton more crap without rewire or some rack extensions out of the box though.
Decided to skip the following plugins for indefinite because of reason 9, brb lemme list list them thems oi oi for yas.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... peggiator/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/autotheory/

Free kit time fellas Baobaobaobao http://www.thunderbirdjuicebox.com/?page_id=141
Producer/Programmer.

Steedus
Competition Winner

01 May 2017

Hmm interesting (and very nice of them) that they didn't save this as a key feature of Reason 10.

phaza

01 May 2017

Will it support vst effects on ssl console sends too?

Olivier

01 May 2017

phaza wrote:Will it support vst effects on ssl console sends too?
Yes!
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

synaptyx

01 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:

Love that picture. Would make a nice desktop. Where's it from, did you mock this up?
Yeah, I made it last night. Glad you like it. [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Reason 1

Noplan
Competition Winner

01 May 2017

I just open REASON literally 5 minutes ago (I have't in months)...and I realized how deep my mindset is all into the way S1 workflow.

chk071

01 May 2017

Noplan wrote: Image
Lol, priceless pic. :lol:
:reason: :rebirth:

• Information