Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

29 Apr 2017

pjeudy wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:VST locations are definable. It doesn't scan your whole computer, don't worry :)
Chimp ..or any BETA tester...question...can you have Reason check if a new VST plugin has been installed , re scan the folder and load that plugin to be used while a Reason session is up and running? With no need to restart REASON. Ableton does this and it's very handy.
Plugin path changes require a restart currently. However you'll be pleased to hear that the startup time is not impacted at all by the addition of VSTs, except for the initial launch. So it's a fairly quick process to scan a new directory, although of course a "refresh" button would be nice also.

Le Boeuf

29 Apr 2017

Gulale wrote:
Le Boeuf wrote:The beta is running more stable than Logic x did on my Mac lol
It really amuses me how you guys come up with such a comment. I have like around 4 or 5 DAWs and never crashed. Every time people start talking about stability issues on DAW in 2017 it shows me what a crack plugins junky they are.
Wooh What a statement dude.
I dont do cracks which i dont Care if you Think btw.
It was something i wrote to say that even the reason beta runs stable.

chk071

29 Apr 2017

Frankly, i never really had big issues with crashing in DAW's too. They're made with stability in mind, just like any specialized "professional" software.
:reason: :rebirth:

C//AZM

29 Apr 2017

I leave you guys alone for two days and all Hell breaks loose?!!!
Such a weird situation.I looked at the forum main page was said "geesh another round of silly VST talk?" and all I can say is wow!!
An earth quaking announcement, Finally ADC!! This would be an awe inspiring addition and makes for the most wished for feature of all time......except for the tabu/voodoo, never to be mentioned VST!!
Look at this thread. 22 pages in one day.
Surely this event will make Time Magazine's person of the year.

stephensmattlee

29 Apr 2017

Sorry if this has already been asked in one of the many pages, does anyone know how to manually adjust the delay compensation? Only briefly had a chance to play around with the beta for v9.5 this morning so far and noticed that in the mixer screen it shows the amount of delay compensation based on the specific device/vst in use but wasn't able to find any other settings for it?

Must say I'm blown away that Propellerheads have finally opened up Reason to the vast world of Vst plugins, the possibilities really are now endless when it comes to all things production and also mixing/mastering all within Reason itself :lol:

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be able to use the awesome Slate Digital plugins in Reason. Don't think I've been able to stop grinning since yesterday morning :D

esselfortium

29 Apr 2017

stephensmattlee wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked in one of the many pages, does anyone know how to manually adjust the delay compensation? Only briefly had a chance to play around with the beta for v9.5 this morning so far and noticed that in the mixer screen it shows the amount of delay compensation based on the specific device/vst in use but wasn't able to find any other settings for it?
In the rack, check the backside of the mix channel devices with the programmer view expanded.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

stephensmattlee

29 Apr 2017

esselfortium wrote:
stephensmattlee wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked in one of the many pages, does anyone know how to manually adjust the delay compensation? Only briefly had a chance to play around with the beta for v9.5 this morning so far and noticed that in the mixer screen it shows the amount of delay compensation based on the specific device/vst in use but wasn't able to find any other settings for it?
In the rack, check the backside of the mix channel devices with the programmer view expanded.
Ah thanks for the tip , will have another play around later today [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C//AZM

29 Apr 2017

Did anyone answer the AU question regarding VST support? In this case, is VST VST or is it being used in a generic fashion to mean both? I've got AU plug-ins loaded. Don't recall if I ever loaded and used VST on this current rig.

WongoTheSane

29 Apr 2017

C//AZM wrote:Did anyone answer the AU question regarding VST support? In this case, is VST VST or is it being used in a generic fashion to mean both? I've got AU plug-ins loaded. Don't recall if I ever loaded and used VST on this current rig.
AUs aren't supported right now, only 64bits VST(i)s (2.4, not 3.0).

C//AZM

29 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
C//AZM wrote:Did anyone answer the AU question regarding VST support? In this case, is VST VST or is it being used in a generic fashion to mean both? I've got AU plug-ins loaded. Don't recall if I ever loaded and used VST on this current rig.
AUs aren't supported right now, only 64bits VST(i)s (2.4, not 3.0).
THNX

miscend

29 Apr 2017

Last Alternative wrote:Mattais told me delay compensation is all around for Reason. I asked on Facebook.

That would change the way old song projects sound. I hope there is a way to disable delay compensation.

joeyluck

29 Apr 2017

miscend wrote:
Last Alternative wrote:Mattais told me delay compensation is all around for Reason. I asked on Facebook.

That would change the way old song projects sound. I hope there is a way to disable delay compensation.
Yes there is a nice switch in the transport bar currently.

Creativemind

29 Apr 2017

This is my take, for anyone saying VST's will become available in the Propellerhead Shop. I doubt it to be honest. Rack Extensions are a Propellerhead made format so that was obvious. All the endless amounts of VST companies however that would need to be included would be MASSIVE (Excuse the Pun!).

They might do don't get me wrong, I may stand (or sit) corrected but I can't see that happening. Only Propellerhead made ones if they emerge.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

deniscratch

29 Apr 2017

Lol.... i can't wait use the omnisphere in reason 9.5...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

miscend

29 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
miscend wrote:

Nice!

joeyluck

29 Apr 2017

miscend wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
miscend wrote:

Nice!
You can see it in the bottom right corner
https://a.phcdn.se/static-live/img/reas ... 1ad885.jpg

SA Studio

29 Apr 2017

chk071 wrote:Frankly, i never really had big issues with crashing in DAW's too. They're made with stability in mind, just like any specialized "professional" software.
There wouldn't be a plug-in industry if they crashed as much as some people try to say they do.

ljekio

29 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote: You can see it in the bottom right corner
ADC is only global setting or user can switch it separately at the channels?

WongoTheSane

29 Apr 2017

ljekio wrote:
joeyluck wrote: You can see it in the bottom right corner
ADC is only global setting or user can switch it separately at the channels?
You can manually set the delay on each channel, so setting it at 0 effectively switches it off individually.

tumar

29 Apr 2017

mrnicehat wrote:Over 500 posts in one day. that's massive for a single thread.

17 years of isolation.

Good bye :re: -Lenin.

...but it wasn't all bad in our little DDR :|

Is it only me? Or have some people here the same deja-vu
A propos - now RE looks like last Trabant edition, this with VW Polo
engine. But who needs it, when wall went down and original western cars are available.:)

ljekio

29 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote: You can manually set the delay on each channel, so setting it at 0 effectively switches it off individually.
Really? Delay in ms or samples? Can I set negative delay offset?

Creativemind

29 Apr 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
Creativemind wrote:And does anyone know if the delay compensation is gonna be for Reason in it's entirety or is it only usable on VST's?
Entirety :)
I thought you were correcting my spelling. I looked back and forth multiple times until I realised you were answering my question lol! I am quite tired though atm haha!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

WongoTheSane

29 Apr 2017

ljekio wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote: You can manually set the delay on each channel, so setting it at 0 effectively switches it off individually.
Really? Delay in ms or samples? Can I set negative delay offset?
In frames. You can set a negative adjustment, but the sum of the calculated delay + manual adjustement cannot be negative (i.e. it only allows for forward delay, you cannot have a negative delay).
neg.JPG
neg.JPG (54.53 KiB) Viewed 2392 times

evolve187

29 Apr 2017

going crazy waiting to get the beta!!!! Does one get notified by email or does it show up in your account??? been checkin both repeatedly for 24 hours!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

evolve187

29 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
miscend wrote:

I've gotta say that this in of itself is a very interesting prospect. :shock: You may get some nice surprises on old tracks where you were had unrealized phasing issues, open it up in 9.5 and BAM the delay compensation fixes and improves your song!!!! Very cool. :thumbs_up:
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

• Information