Strange behavior of the PHeads towards Blamsoft

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TheMiles

31 Oct 2016

Is it just me or do the PHeads wrong Blamsoft with their new Synth eXpanse ? eXpanse is one if the best REs available by far, yet the PHeads don't recognize them. eXpanse has generated more buzz then Legend or Nostromo had (and is the better RE IMO), but still it is not listed in the "popular right now" list or the "Propellerheasd recommends" list.
This was similar in the old shop, eXpanse was not listed in the "popular right now list"...

Is there something going on between PHead and Blamsoft ? Did anyone else get a feeling there was something wrong ?

jonheal

31 Oct 2016

Who knows what the actual sales are except Blamsoft and Propellerhead? Maybe I am wrong, but I always equated "popular" on the Shop site with "most copies sold."
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

dioxide

31 Oct 2016

The shop needs not to be working well at the moment. Sort the drum section by rating and the Handclap bundle is top. Clearly wrong.

The Tone Ranger

01 Nov 2016

The Legand is one of the most talked about soft synths on the internet right now. A lot of people are putting it above Diva and Monark as the best virtual analogue synth to date. If anything the hype on this forum isn't enough! Reason finally has a top synth in the VST world.

As for Blimsoft, I've also seen Propellerhead feature their products.

TheMiles

01 Nov 2016

Just a few hours after me posting this thread, eXpanse suddenly appears in the "Propellerhead recommends" section of the shop... ACCIDENT ?!?!?

OK ok... seriously... I guess I was fantasizing :)

Marco Raaphorst

01 Nov 2016

I guess there's nothing you can do about it. Happened to me as well, my ReFill currently in the shop was not promoted in any newsletter, Facebook or Twitter message of the Props. Some other stuff gets promoted even when it contains some serious bugs.

Softphonics

01 Nov 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:I guess there's nothing you can do about it. Happened to me as well, my ReFill currently in the shop was not promoted in any newsletter, Facebook or Twitter message of the Props. Some other stuff gets promoted even when it contains some serious bugs.
Unfortunately Marco, refills wont get a mention on the FB page, Props may mention on twitter as an exception but not on FB unless in extraordinary circumstances.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

Marco Raaphorst

01 Nov 2016

Softphonics wrote:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:I guess there's nothing you can do about it. Happened to me as well, my ReFill currently in the shop was not promoted in any newsletter, Facebook or Twitter message of the Props. Some other stuff gets promoted even when it contains some serious bugs.
Unfortunately Marco, refills wont get a mention on the FB page, Props may mention on twitter as an exception but not on FB unless in extraordinary circumstances.
For ReFills running your own shop is key I guess. Better deal also :)

The Props probably focus on RE/IDT for sales. I might do an IDT myself one day...

MannequinRaces

01 Nov 2016

How is this not being recognized?! *edit* - sorry I did not see your other post OP before posting this. I believe I also received an email about Expanse from Propellerhead...

Electric-Metal

01 Nov 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:How is this not being recognized?!

It wasn't when @TheMiles made his post. ;)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

joeyluck

01 Nov 2016

I'm sure the 'Propellerhead Recommends' will change frequently.
Why would they not recommend so many more plugins if that weren't the case? Including so many more of their own...

Maybe they can even host guest artists with their recommendations ;)

MannequinRaces

01 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:Maybe they can even host guest artists with their recommendations ;)
That'd be cool!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2016

jonheal wrote:Who knows what the actual sales are except Blamsoft and Propellerhead? Maybe I am wrong, but I always equated "popular" on the Shop site with "most copies sold."
I equated to "most copies sold in the last X weeks\days", always noticed when something went on offer it went popular, if it was just "most copies sold" then it would have been pretty static.

TheMiles wrote:Is it just me or do the PHeads wrong Blamsoft with their new Synth eXpanse ?
Personally I think Blamsoft as a whole have made the best RE's overall and they should be featured as one of the Top Brands (along with a few others that should be there and remove a few of the current ones)..

SA Studio

01 Nov 2016

The Tone Ranger wrote:The Legand is one of the most talked about soft synths on the internet right now. A lot of people are putting it above Diva and Monark as the best virtual analogue synth to date. If anything the hype on this forum isn't enough! Reason finally has a top synth in the VST world.

As for Blimsoft, I've also seen Propellerhead feature their products.

Well, there is a Legend VST version. I'm glad it's in Reason as well, but its not exclusive to Reason.
Last edited by SA Studio on 02 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

03 Nov 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
Softphonics wrote:
For ReFills running your own shop is key I guess. Better deal also :)

The Props probably focus on RE/IDT for sales. I might do an IDT myself one day...
This makes sense. And you might have touched on a good point. Seeing as you can sell your ReFills anywhere, it's more beneficial the majority of the time for Propellerhead to help promote those developers whose products are only available in the Propellerhead Shop (Rack Extensions). When you make too frequent of posts, it all becomes saturated and things are easily overlooked; making the promoting weaker.

stratatonic

03 Nov 2016

It's nice that they recommend Blamsoft's eXpanse. An amazing synth.
The cynic in me says that Parsec's 119 dollar price (or 39 as the case may be) looks more palatable beside a 149 dollar price tag.
However, more eyeballs on a link to eXpanse surely doesn't hurt either.

• Information