PHead shop overhaul!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TheMiles

31 Oct 2016

The Phead shop site has been updated. ATM it is not fully functional it seems :)

challism

31 Oct 2016

And..... they STILL don't have sort by price. Shaking my damn head. :(
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Olivier

31 Oct 2016

joeyluck wrote:There's a section for 'Players' under Effects! (currently empty)
Well spotted!! Who's going to be the first with making up a theory about why that is :P
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Shokstar

31 Oct 2016

the hard thing on the new shop look is that you can see now how many people´s has rated.

Gulale

31 Oct 2016

It works in my end. It looks like the new UAD store.
Gulale aka Bereket

chimp_spanner

31 Oct 2016

eauhm wrote:
Well spotted!! Who's going to be the first with making up a theory about why that is :P
Oooh nice! Trying to wrack my brains and think what I'd really like to see there. I guess it'd be cool to move some functionality away from the ReGroove mixer. Something like a MIDI Transformer;

Transpose
Octave
Velocity Compressor and/or Curves
Shuffle
Timing, Velocity and Note Randomization

Would be pretty cool I reckon!

joeyluck

31 Oct 2016

I wonder how the 'Top Brands' are decided? This has been around, but now it seems more in the forefront when browsing. There's some others I'd like to see there :D

I appreciate iZotope bringing us Ozone Maximizer, but that's their only contribution to the shop and they haven't even updated it with IRC III and tube mode... So, from a user stand point, I wouldn't call them a 'Top Brand' of Rack Extensions. Now if we're just talking about 'Popular Brands' that's different, but also subjective. Popular Brand outside of Reason or within Reason?

chimp_spanner

31 Oct 2016

joeyluck wrote:I wonder how the 'Top Brands' are decided? This has been around, but now it seems more in the forefront when browsing. There's some others I'd like to see there :D

I appreciate iZotope bringing us Ozone Maximizer, but that's their only contribution to the shop and they haven't even updated it with IRC III and tube mode... So, from a user stand point, I wouldn't call them a 'Top Brand' of Rack Extensions. Now if we're just talking about 'Popular Brands' that's different, but also subjective. Popular Brand outside of Reason or within Reason?
The former, I'd say. I think they might be trying to entice people in. Even the fact that they've categorised REs as "plugins" now. I guess maybe it'll just make potential new users feel a little more on familiar ground when they see "big" names, and the word "plugins".

NekujaK

31 Oct 2016

Extremely minor nit - but I miss the large screenshots of the devices. I enjoyed looking at all the knobs and labels as I evaluated the device (yes I know, I could download a trial, but sometimes I just want to read about a device and hear audio samples). Not only are the device images smaller now, but they're also not as sharp. Like I said, a very minor nit.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

joeyluck

31 Oct 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
joeyluck wrote:I wonder how the 'Top Brands' are decided? This has been around, but now it seems more in the forefront when browsing. There's some others I'd like to see there :D

The former, I'd say. I think they might be trying to entice people in. Even the fact that they've categorised REs as "plugins" now. I guess maybe it'll just make potential new users feel a little more on familiar ground when they see "big" names, and the word "plugins".
True. They've always been 'plugins' and have been referred to as such for a while (such as in bundles and advertising). But the fact that the section in the shop is now 'Plugins' rather than going by the plugin format name, 'Rack Extensions' is indeed different.

In any case, Korg isn't mentioned there and they are more popular name than iZotope. But still, there are other names I'd like to see there :puf_smile:
So not sure if it's just arbitrary at this point...

Maybe even a 'Popular Homegrown Developers' section? How about that, Propellerhead? ;)

selig
RE Developer

31 Oct 2016

Shokstar wrote:the hard thing on the new shop look is that you can see now how many people´s has rated.
But you can no longer see the rating expressed as a numeric, e.g. it's now "5 stars" but not a rating of "4.8".
In other words, the rating resolution is diminished by a factor of ten… :(
Selig Audio, LLC

jonheal

31 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
Shokstar wrote:the hard thing on the new shop look is that you can see now how many people´s has rated.
But you can no longer see the rating expressed as a numeric, e.g. it's now "5 stars" but not a rating of "4.8".
Two steps forward, one back?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

joeyluck

31 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
I noticed this and was wondering if it's better or worse...

IMO without reviews (and without rating breakdowns displaying how many 5 star ratings, 1 star ratings, etc.), it could be better that it's simplified for the sake of the developer's (since the stars are rounded) and the user's who place so much weight on ratings. For instance, I think a RE that might be 3.8 stars will display with 4 stars. I forget where it rounds... at .5? But also, maybe lacking that .3 in a rating hurts...

Or maybe they just haven't worked it in? But while they are at it, if they bring that back, I would also like to see that breakdown in ratings ;)

centomila

31 Oct 2016

This post has been inspired by the propellerhead design team.

Why everything propelllerheads does, must have fucking small fonts?

Exowildebeest

31 Oct 2016

About time they overhauled it, the shop always looked like a temporary start-up thingy to me.

centomila wrote:This post has been inspired by the propellerhead design team.

Why everything propelllerheads does, must have fucking small fonts?
Ctrl+mousewheel.

I have almost all websites zoomed in.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

31 Oct 2016

[edit: removed "lack of Soundcloud" comment cos it looks like either PH fixed it, or perhaps there was a Soundcloud issue last night that prevented SC tracks displaying in the shop]

On a practical note it was impossible to realistically check this last week when we were first told about it as there was no way to preview the new look pages. :roll:

Regarding star ratings, I'm actually a) a bit shocked how few ratings they are composed of (either the dedicated vote counter has only started fairly recently, or genuinely only one in six people make the effort - I didn't expect it to be 100%, but wow, that's really low), and b) reduction in grain makes further renders them useless.

Frankly, might as well do away with them altogether for the use they are! I think at this point they're really just a method for devs to believe their product is better/worse than their competitors. Heck, 1/6, it's probably just devs and beta testers voting! ;)

(and)

For more info, the explain xkcd site is useful for understanding behind the maths of those comics

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index. ... ar_Ratings

"Firstly, because we instinctively read a rating of five stars as five points, but the lowest possible rating is actually one star and not zero as would be the lowest possible score with a five-point scale. This means that a three star rating, which looks like a 3/5, seems a good rating, whereas it is actually the median rating, like 10/20 which does not seem a very good score.

Secondly, because the online ratings are given by users who, firstly, browse web pages about the rated products; and there is a general tendency that the users who browse online content about a product are more likely users who in the first place were interested by said product (and for instance have searched for it). So the product ratings are given by a part of the population that on average enjoy the concerned products more than the rest of the population, therefore ratings are on average higher than what the full range (from one to five stars) could express. "

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index. ... rnadoGuard
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 01 Nov 2016, edited 2 times in total.

QVprod

31 Oct 2016

I like it. It's much better organized. Glad to see REs and Refills separated.

Exowildebeest

31 Oct 2016

Jiggery, if it's any consolation, I have 100+ RE's by now, and only gave a star rating once or twice. The time and energy saved by not bothering adds up to at least one orgasm per year, think about that.

Creativemind

31 Oct 2016

Hmmmmm!

One player that immediately springs to mind that could spring up in the future is.....da da daaaaaaaa....a Video Player that can be synched with the track or that the track will synch to the video tempo.

But on further analysis, I can't seem to find it?
Attachments
Beard Stroke.gif
Beard Stroke.gif (968.71 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2016

Nice to see filtering however it's even harder to see what you have tried or own and I always wanted a fitter to show what I don't own. :roll:

What is going to happen to updates??? As some updates did require you to click on the update button but without that visual you could miss out on an update !!! :?

Hmm, just did a sort by name and highest rating, first item in both cases was "Hand Clap Bundle"? DOH note: it does not even have a rating...
(wonder how many RE are going to come out with a number in front.. :D )
I also noticed I could not go back to "New Arrivals" ?

Teething problems maybe..

modecca

31 Oct 2016

Predator 5 stars 970 votes
Numerical Sound ReStereo: 2 stars 567 votes
🔗💥

Marco Raaphorst

31 Oct 2016

All my visuals are gone at my page https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... mp-refill/
Can't login into my own page... hope support catches up with me soon!

dana

31 Oct 2016

What happened, did they have to restore a backup and upload the old beta of the website?

• Information