Reason 9 Officially Announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dallasknight

21 Jun 2016

Taking so long to download! must be so many other eager users slowing down the server

decibel

21 Jun 2016

Jolla wrote:to Decibel
I have already answered:
"Hello!

Reason 9 is now out and the free license will be available on your account any time soon. Please keep an eye open on your account. :)"
thanks jolla, just a bit pissed off at having to wait the whole day around for it etc,, anyway all is forgiven,, untill the next time i have some kind of issue with reason :) lol

Jolla

21 Jun 2016

I understand you, Decibel! patience my friend! :puf_smile:

ljekio

21 Jun 2016

Why Players can't attached to midi-note receiver's effects like Neptune?

Exowildebeest

21 Jun 2016

ljekio wrote:Why Players can't attached to midi-note receiver's effects like Neptune?
It probably can through a Combinator, but I'm not sure, haven't tried.

ST8MENT

21 Jun 2016

Wow. Fourth time I've had to restart the download. My Propellerheads, maybe consider a peer-to-peer thing? You've got your licensing on lock... every new d/l attempt gravitates between 6-9 hours, and I even tried a computer thru VPN at my work and we have 2Gbit up/down... same download speed....

And it's not like anybody's giving up the ghost anytime soon (apparently [said a selfish downloader]).... :D

ST8MENT

21 Jun 2016

WOW 13 HOURS. C'mon Propellerheads. I nearly stayed up all night to grab this as soon as you said it oughta be coo. And if you're restarting a crowded FTP service on folks, that's not helping...

Napes, 15 hours. Radical, man. Please find a way to get those installers out there for folks with some more server power behind the effort...

ST8MENT

21 Jun 2016

Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't been following the subReddit and are still dealing with the funky downloads, please check this out:

...I don't take credit for this, but the good guy /u/blandrys provided this:

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... ittorrent/

Like I mentioned, I'll keep my client on for seeding.

DoubleStop

21 Jun 2016

Hey! Just downloaded... Haven't installed yet. I am wondering first if I should just install and leave Reason 8.3 as it is, or uninstall first ? Any comment?

ST8MENT

21 Jun 2016

DoubleStop wrote:Hey! Just downloaded... Haven't installed yet. I am wondering first if I should just install and leave Reason 8.3 as it is, or uninstall first ? Any comment?
I just got home from helping a buddy finish moving, and honestly, I'd keep them separate (that's what I'm doing) until you feel comfortable that R9 works for what you're exploring/doing. Just a regular user here, but I'm in the same boat, friend.

Finally installing and playing now.

arqui

01 Jul 2016

Hi all, can anybody enter to autorizer page today??? but i can´t .... website is offline say Error 524 in my 3 pc
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Wook

01 Jul 2016

arqui wrote:Hi all, can anybody enter to autorizer page today??? but i can´t .... website is offline say Error 524 in my 3 pc
I also have problems. When I start Reason, it says I have to update my RE licenses and then it just hangs.

Creativemind

05 Jul 2016

zeebot wrote:Looks great for users on lower than R8 like me. Well worth the entrance fee :D
Props has my money on this one for sure. A worthy jump up from R7, for R8 users they will have to make their own choice to jump in or hang on. Personally I would have hung on for more if I was on R8.
Right off to KVR to see the batch over there and the obligatory 'What people still use Reason? REASON is dead!!" posts....
Yeah think I'm waiting see what if there's a 9.1 and see what it has to offer besides bug fixes. Instead of things like the players (as good as they are), I would like to see muting / unmuting of notes in the midi editor, shaded rows when adding notes or pressing midi controller key/s in the midi editor, joining the now sliceable notes back together in the midi editor, an undo events list (with the undo's upped to at least 500), timeline markers (stackable up to about 5) and ganged / linked faders on the SSL to move multiple faders down at once . Bit doubtful I'll see timeline markers in a point update but I can wish and knowing the Props, if they did give us an Undo Events list they wouldn't up the undo's. I say at least 500 'cause Reason undoes absolutely everything, moving a clip to a new track, labelling devices, changing colours, minor movements of faders or parameters AND ON FL Studio a few months ago I'd acquired 230 undo's in an hour and a half working on a track and it only undoes 75% of what Reason does. So if that was Reason, in an hour and a half, I'm sure I'd exceed 300 undo's (which is the current limit) very easily. I can also work on tracks sometimes for 2+ hours so I reckon I could exceed 500 if I'm honest in 2 and a half hours or so. FL Studio can undo up to 999 events.

I want Timeline Markers 'cause I find them very handy / useful for labelling tracks I've imported as a wav to analyse how the track progresses. I need them stackable of at least 5 so if 5 different things change at a particular point, I can label it so. Also great for labelling the parts of a song:- Intro / Verse / Bridge / Chorus / Breakdown / Drop etc. Would be excellent for You Tube tutorials.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

05 Jul 2016

I read somewhere that if you're recording a vocal in the studio, and it's a romantic kinda lovesong, dimming the lights or having more romantic lighting for the vocalist can inspire them to sing the vocal as it was intended for the song. Just give it the edge that was needed. I think these themes could work the same. When we have say 6 themes to choose from, in say another couple of updates perhaps, then you could choose a theme that better suits your mood or the mood of the song you want to create. Happy times.

Creativemind

05 Jul 2016

zakalwe wrote:
electrofux wrote: as it stands every single feature in this update i already have in studio one and it pees on reason from a great height on audio editing and track management while still being pretty clean and streamlined. i just have to deal with the world's worst undo evah which is something they never seem to mention in the reviews :puf_bigsmile:
What has the worst undo ever, Reason or Studio One?

Gorgon

10 Jul 2016

Creativemind wrote:I read somewhere that if you're recording a vocal in the studio, and it's a romantic kinda lovesong, dimming the lights or having more romantic lighting for the vocalist can inspire them to sing the vocal as it was intended for the song. Just give it the edge that was needed. I think these themes could work the same. When we have say 6 themes to choose from, in say another couple of updates perhaps, then you could choose a theme that better suits your mood or the mood of the song you want to create. Happy times.
Yeah great, so instead you'll be fiddling with theme settings instead of actually making music. Oh yes, that will do miracles for productivity.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Creativemind

10 Jul 2016

Gorgon wrote:
Creativemind wrote:I read somewhere that if you're recording a vocal in the studio, and it's a romantic kinda lovesong, dimming the lights or having more romantic lighting for the vocalist can inspire them to sing the vocal as it was intended for the song. Just give it the edge that was needed. I think these themes could work the same. When we have say 6 themes to choose from, in say another couple of updates perhaps, then you could choose a theme that better suits your mood or the mood of the song you want to create. Happy times.
Yeah great, so instead you'll be fiddling with theme settings instead of actually making music. Oh yes, that will do miracles for productivity.
So you don't think it's worth making Reason better, adding more features? if that's the case, stay on Reason 5/6/7?

8cros

10 Jul 2016

If you consciously restrict themselves to the theme settings, it is likely this will go right over the edge to your music. :mrgreen:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Gorgon

10 Jul 2016

Creativemind wrote:So you don't think it's worth making Reason better, adding more features? if that's the case, stay on Reason 5/6/7?
Oh sure, why not integrate games, TV, Netflix, sowing patterns, origami. Oh yeah, and a coffee machine.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

zakalwe

15 Jul 2016

Creativemind wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
electrofux wrote: as it stands every single feature in this update i already have in studio one and it pees on reason from a great height on audio editing and track management while still being pretty clean and streamlined. i just have to deal with the world's worst undo evah which is something they never seem to mention in the reviews :puf_bigsmile:
What has the worst undo ever, Reason or Studio One?
studio one. no instrument preset or mixer undo. it's pretty annoying. that's why i was kind of hoping reason 9 would have the updates i wanted because it handles undo pretty much how you'd expect.

Creativemind

15 Jul 2016

I kind of see why some daw's only undo certain things now. I think Reason would benefit from an Undo Events List, upping the Undo's to at least 500 and also having checkboxes in the preferences for what you want to undo. Maybe everything that's destructive option.

Sanes

17 Jul 2016

So, I could either buy Reason 9 for £99 or Reason 8 for £85, which are the cheapest prices I've found so far. Any suggestions as to which one I should get?

And if I get Reason 9, will I be able to open the tracks I've made via Reason 8?

Yonatan

17 Jul 2016

You can open all old reason projects in Reason 9.

DidziuojiA

23 Aug 2016

I'm buying this on release! SUPER!!! :)

craven

24 Aug 2016

DidziuojiA wrote:I'm buying this on release! SUPER!!! :)
it's released, go grab it!
:ugeek:

• Information