Rex files pause between slices. How can I fix?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Cool Dee

03 Aug 2016

Hello!

Whenever I play REX files In Octo Rex there is an ever so slight pause on the slice mark. What causes this and how can I fix it? Has anyone ever dealt with this problem? The wave file sounds fine, however.
This Is my very first post. Thank You!!

dee

selig
RE Developer

03 Aug 2016

Cool Dee wrote:Hello!

Whenever I play REX files In Octo Rex there is an ever so slight pause on the slice mark. What causes this and how can I fix it? Has anyone ever dealt with this problem? The wave file sounds fine, however.

dee
Just a guess…You are likely playing the file at a slower tempo than the original - check the tempo listed for the REX file. One solution is, if you can't adjust the tempo or choose files that are not faster than the chosen tempo, is to pitch the loop down by a half step. I do this frequently and in some cases it sound cooler a little lower anyway!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

03 Aug 2016

Welcome Cool Dee!

I moved this to the Propellerhead General forum.

The ReasonTalk Bugs and Suggestions forum is for stuff pertaining to the functionality of ReasonTalk.com

hollyn

04 Aug 2016

Hi Cool Dee,

You might try sending the parts to a sequencer lane and quantizing the slices. This has worked for me on parts that lag.

Loque

04 Aug 2016

Move the rex loop directly from browser into the sequencer. This allows you all adjusting and automatic time correction.
Reason12, Win10

submonsterz

04 Aug 2016

Yes load to audio track stretch the audio clip to your clip loop points . Quantize if you want or justselect slice move markers to stretch individual parts or all bounce to rex open in rex device sorted all re stretched to tempo you have no gaps.

8cros

04 Aug 2016

Cool Dee wrote:Hello!

dee
You need to open the file in the recycle and save the file to a slower tempo. Recycle add a little reverse loop ..
Just your Rex files created without reserve to change the BPM.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Cool Dee

04 Aug 2016

Thanks to everyone who replied. Must say I didn't expect it. I will try these suggestions and post my results. Special thanks to joeyluck for moving my post!! Also, I didn't make these loops myself in Recycle. I purchased them from Big Fish Audio. They are string loops but the horns and guitar loops are behaving similarly. Could it be my engine? I'll try your suggestions and see what's up. Thanks!!!

selig
RE Developer

04 Aug 2016

Cool Dee wrote:Thanks to everyone who replied. Must say I didn't expect it. I will try these suggestions and post my results. Special thanks to joeyluck for moving my post!! Also, I didn't make these loops myself in Recycle. I purchased them from Big Fish Audio. They are string loops but the horns and guitar loops are behaving similarly. Could it be my engine? I'll try your suggestions and see what's up. Thanks!!!
I'll ask again if you are playing them at a slower tempo than they were originally recorded at, because at some point as you play them back slower than the source there will be gaps (it's the way REX loops work). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Cool Dee

10 Aug 2016

Selig,

Even if I select the file to open a new session it will still give a lil pop on every slice mark. This only happened in Reason 8, not on any other version. I just purchased the upgrade to 9. I haven't installed it yet but we'll see how that goes.

selig
RE Developer

10 Aug 2016

Cool Dee wrote:Selig,

Even if I select the file to open a new session it will still give a lil pop on every slice mark. This only happened in Reason 8, not on any other version. I just purchased the upgrade to 9. I haven't installed it yet but we'll see how that goes.
Is this a REX file from the FSB that I can test on my end?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information