RE development.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AttenuationHz

30 Jul 2016

For me when I heard that the SDK for RE's was released at first I thought it was putting the power of development into the hands of users. When I discovered you needed a company and a vat number and a website and all that stuff. I saw that it was just the way the RE market was promoted to get the attention it needed. I still get the inclination to want to make something better and have a skill for seeing were it could be better.

I have never written a piece of original code that makes something work but I do have the ability to learn how to do it. Were would a person start out to become a RE developer. What knowledge would need to be obtained to be able to develop a plug-in or RE and from a starting point of no coding knowledge what would a person have to learn to successfully create a Plug-in or RE and publish it for people to "try".

I know that there is a non disclosure agreement when you use the SDK so I'm not looking for any kind of details on that but just a guide on the starting point!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

rcbuse
RE Developer

30 Jul 2016

You can register as an individual. You only need to fill in company and tax info if you want to publish in the shop and get paid. So register as just yourself, get access to the SDK, check out the docs and see if its something you are interested in doing.

AttenuationHz

30 Jul 2016

I thought that you still need the company info and a vat number and a website etc. How do I register myself without needing all that? The only options I see are to register for a company as a dev and a new company.
Who can sign up?

Anyone can register as a developer, but only companies can sell Rack Extensions or ReFills in the Propellerhead Shop.
The requirements for selling products in our shop are:
•You need a company with some sort of Tax ID, being a sole proprietor is sufficient as long as you are registered for VAT.
•You need a website.
•You need an email address where customer can get product support.

This means each developer will sign up for a user account and then apply to register a new company.
If you don’t have a company yet, you can put your own name in the company name field.

If you want to be included in a previously registered company, send an email to that company and ask them to add you as a developer.

There are no costs involved. Propellerhead Software will administer the authorization, copyrights, logos, and trademarks.
We’ll also provide technical support, free of charge.
So what do I do register new company put my own name in and leave everything else blank?

Edit
Left everything blank bar the email and my name which is not editable and it asks for reverse domain do I put se.prpellerhead?

It says fields marked with * required. There are no fields marked with * :shock:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

orthodox
RE Developer

31 Jul 2016

AttenuationHz wrote:So what do I do register new company put my own name in and leave everything else blank?

Edit
Left everything blank bar the email and my name which is not editable and it asks for reverse domain do I put se.prpellerhead?

It says fields marked with * required. There are no fields marked with * :shock:
Try to fill everything except account numbers. However, it is boring unless you are going to register a business later. You will only see your work by yourself, not even be able to submit it for testing.

AttenuationHz

31 Jul 2016

orthodox wrote: Try to fill everything except account numbers. However, it is boring unless you are going to register a business later. You will only see your work by yourself, not even be able to submit it for testing.

Will try that. Oh you can test them yourself though right?

orthodox
RE Developer

31 Jul 2016

AttenuationHz wrote:Will try that. Oh you can test them yourself though right?
Yes you can.

DNA Apocalypse

02 Aug 2016

-spoke too soon-
Last edited by DNA Apocalypse on 07 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

swamptooth

02 Aug 2016

orthodox wrote: Try to fill everything except account numbers. However, it is boring unless you are going to register a business later. You will only see your work by yourself, not even be able to submit it for testing.
Wow, thanks for that! This has me excited!

Raveshaper

02 Aug 2016

The reverse domain is what you want your company name to be inside of Reason itself. They use this to link to your website in the shop and help sections once you publish, I think. It can not be changed later as far as I can remember, so have a think on it.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information