How to Export Perfect Loops?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Stock Music Musician

29 Jul 2016

Hey guys, I've struggled with exporting perfect loops from Reason (all versions). It can be a song that's perfectly quantized and plays back seamlessly in Reason loop mode, but when is use the "export loop" feature in Reason, it always adds just a little teeny weeny bit of silence. This totally prevents the loop from working.

What am I doing wrong???

For example, I know Maschine has button that optimizes songs for export as loops, and I don't encounter this problem when I do that. But I have no idea what else to do in Reason.

Thanks so much!

ljekio

29 Jul 2016

Loop export from Reason working perfectly.
1. Check position of loop points
2. Check your codec of audio compression, most of mp3 codecs do insert silence before loop.

selig
RE Developer

29 Jul 2016

Stock Music Musician wrote:Hey guys, I've struggled with exporting perfect loops from Reason (all versions). It can be a song that's perfectly quantized and plays back seamlessly in Reason loop mode, but when is use the "export loop" feature in Reason, it always adds just a little teeny weeny bit of silence. This totally prevents the loop from working.

What am I doing wrong???

For example, I know Maschine has button that optimizes songs for export as loops, and I don't encounter this problem when I do that. But I have no idea what else to do in Reason.

Thanks so much!
You using a limiter with lookahead perchance? This would cause the issue you describe. In the case where the limiter is essential to the sound, probably best to bounce to new audio track (using any number of techniques) with the limiter (and a little extra audio at the end), then make adjustments to align it correctly and THEN bounce the raw audio (with NO limiter).
Selig Audio, LLC

AttenuationHz

30 Jul 2016

Or make sure the Snap button is pressed and bar selected as measurement. Set the loop markers to bars 1 (L) 17 (R) put the play maker on 17 and see what the time says. Compare that with the loop you export if the time is the same down to the ms its a perfect loop.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information