Latency free filter

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aikmofobi

27 May 2016

So I need a small rack unit without latency that can do tweakable high cuts and/or low cuts. Preferrably sexy-like.
What do you lot use?

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2016

Aikmofobi wrote:So I need a small rack unit without latency that can do tweakable high cuts and/or low cuts. Preferrably sexy-like.
What do you lot use?
Are there any filters that DO introduce latency? I tend to use Pulveriser for this sort of thing in Combinators, but it's not "small" by any definition…
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2016

Don't you have a list on your site? It would be nice to see the RES with no latency listed separately from the ones with latency, along with the actual latency amounts.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Aikmofobi

27 May 2016

The Pulverizer doesn't? I thought it did. May have to check it out still.
PMS-20, what I've been using, unfortunately does. Both with and without the RAGE switch on. It also comes with only one slope.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

27 May 2016

selig wrote:
Don't you have a list on your site? It would be nice to see the RES with no latency listed separately from the ones with latency, along with the actual latency amounts.
I don't have a "latency free devices rack" at Reasonistas, primarily because I thought the list was disputed. I'm happy to add it to site if the list is correct though.
ImageImage

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2016

Aikmofobi wrote:The Pulverizer doesn't? I thought it did. May have to check it out still.
PMS-20, what I've been using, unfortunately does. Both with and without the RAGE switch on. It also comes with only one slope.
Pulveriser doesn't as far as I'm aware - works great on parallel channels AFAICT.

Odd about PMS-20 inducing latency - not sure why this would be happening…
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2016

Noel G. wrote:
selig wrote:
I don't have a "latency free devices rack" at Reasonistas, primarily because I thought the list was disputed. I'm happy to add it to site if the list is correct though.
Which aspect is disputed - the list of latency free devices, or the amount of latency involved? Either way you can add a "*" to any that are disputed with a note below…
Selig Audio, LLC

Reasonistas
RE Developer

27 May 2016

selig wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
selig wrote:
Which aspect is disputed - the list of latency free devices, or the amount of latency involved? Either way you can add a "*" to any that are disputed with a note below…
Its a combination of both, but I'll put up the zero latency rack and link it to the RT thread for any questions.
ImageImage

• Information