Trying to install Reason 5 and Record 1.5

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

16 Apr 2016

But I get "(Unsupported format The opration could not be completed because the format is not supported"
Don't ask me why I try to install this, but I would like to get this rolling for the old good times.

deepndark

16 Apr 2016

This happens after I've installed Reason and tried to launch it for a first time.

chk071

16 Apr 2016

On which OS do you get the error?
:reason: :rebirth:

deepndark

16 Apr 2016

chk071 wrote:On which OS do you get the error?
On windows 7 64 bit servicepack 1.

chk071

16 Apr 2016

Very weird. Sounds like there's something wrong with the sounds in the demo song, or generally with the demo song, it tries to load up at startup almost. It's a legit copy, and soundbanks correctly installed and all that?

deepndark

16 Apr 2016

chk071 wrote:Very weird. Sounds like there's something wrong with the sounds in the demo song, or generally with the demo song, it tries to load up at startup almost. It's a legit copy, and soundbanks correctly installed and all that?
Of course my Reason is legit. I installed it from a Reason 5 DVD I have. This isn't the first time I fail intalling Reason 5. So far I've just went back to the new versions - after failing with the old ones.

jappe

16 Apr 2016

deepndark wrote:But I get "(Unsupported format The opration could not be completed because the format is not supported"
Don't ask me why I try to install this, but I would like to get this rolling for the old good times.
It sounds like it tries to open a template song that's made in a later Reason version - perhaps it's interfering with another Reason version on your machine?

deepndark

16 Apr 2016

jappe wrote:
deepndark wrote:But I get "(Unsupported format The opration could not be completed because the format is not supported"
It sounds like it tries to open a template song that's made in a later Reason version - perhaps it's interfering with another Reason version on your machine?
Ok, what should I do to make it open, deleting some files somewhere?

sinnerfire

18 Apr 2016

I tried to install Reason 5 on a friends P.C the other day but it wouldnt work, im not sure but i think Reason 5 only works on Windows XP now and is not supported on our up to date operating systems.

Ps, i always hear people talking about there "Legit" copy of Reason 5 so what I do is ask them to post a picture of them holding the "Reason 5" C.D to prove they actually own it.

Bit off topic but ill post a picture of me holding my Reason 5 C.D and case if you do the same

If not, we can take it that your trying to install cracked software. :o
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

sinnerfire

19 Apr 2016

pushedbutton

19 Apr 2016

From what I remember the Reason 5 DVD was a drinks coaster by the time most people got their hands on it. There is probably a download on the propellerhead site to a more up-to-date version, as long as you have the key registered an updated version should be available to you as a download there.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

sinnerfire

19 Apr 2016

pushedbutton wrote:From what I remember the Reason 5 DVD was a drinks coaster by the time most people got their hands on it. There is probably a download on the propellerhead site to a more up-to-date version, as long as you have the key registered an updated version should be available to you as a download there.
I had a look and you can download Reason 7 and 8 from the Prop site but thats it, there is no option to download Reason 5? Probably because its the most pirated software this side of Pirate town :)

EDIT...You can also download Record 1.5 from the Prop site if you registered it to your account.

mreese80

21 Apr 2016

sinnerfire wrote:I tried to install Reason 5 on a friends P.C the other day but it wouldnt work, im not sure but i think Reason 5 only works on Windows XP now and is not supported on our up to date operating systems.

Ps, i always hear people talking about there "Legit" copy of Reason 5 so what I do is ask them to post a picture of them holding the "Reason 5" C.D to prove they actually own it.

Bit off topic but ill post a picture of me holding my Reason 5 C.D and case if you do the same

5 works on windows 7 i know for a fact. anything after that i dont know. i went from 5, to 6, than a week later i went to 8
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

21 Apr 2016

sinnerfire wrote:
pushedbutton wrote:From what I remember the Reason 5 DVD was a drinks coaster by the time most people got their hands on it. There is probably a download on the propellerhead site to a more up-to-date version, as long as you have the key registered an updated version should be available to you as a download there.
I had a look and you can download Reason 7 and 8 from the Prop site but thats it, there is no option to download Reason 5? Probably because its the most pirated software this side of Pirate town :)

EDIT...You can also download Record 1.5 from the Prop site if you registered it to your account.
i still have 5 and the maintenace update. as long as you have a legit version of reason 5 license for record is free.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Flandersh

21 Apr 2016

My Reason 4 run on Windows 10 and worked fine with Windows 7 and 8 before that. Have not installed Reason 5 in a good while, so can't say for sure what the case is there, thought I would think it logically to work since Reason 4 works.

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Apr 2016

afaik, reason 5 will fail on windows vista and above if the processor is AMD
there's a fix for that somewhere on youtube
not sure if that is the case though

adfielding

22 Apr 2016

sinnerfire wrote:Ps, i always hear people talking about there "Legit" copy of Reason 5 so what I do is ask them to post a picture of them holding the "Reason 5" C.D to prove they actually own it.

Deep has been a Reason user for as long as I can remember, I think this is a non-issue ;)

Also, Reason 5 works fine on AMD processors. My old studio machine from 2010 - 2014 was an AMD computer, and it ran just fine. No idea what the issue is here, mind. I had no problem getting it up and running in Virtualbox - out of curiosity, are you trying to launch Reason standalone after installing Record, or is this just after you've installed Reason 5?

Mich01

25 Apr 2016

I thought there is a patch for this problem.

you can download it from this youtube channel:

good luck

Michel

deepndark

25 Apr 2016

adfielding wrote:
sinnerfire wrote:Ps, i always hear people talking about there "Legit" copy of Reason 5 so what I do is ask them to post a picture of them holding the "Reason 5" C.D to prove they actually own it.

Deep has been a Reason user for as long as I can remember, I think this is a non-issue ;)

Also, Reason 5 works fine on AMD processors. My old studio machine from 2010 - 2014 was an AMD computer, and it ran just fine. No idea what the issue is here, mind. I had no problem getting it up and running in Virtualbox - out of curiosity, are you trying to launch Reason standalone after installing Record, or is this just after you've installed Reason 5?
Firstly, I'd be kind of a weird to use cracked version and run reasonheads.net site. Yeah, I bought reason in 2002 already.
Anyway, I installed Reason 5 and without installing Record yet when trying to use Reason 5.

chk071

25 Apr 2016

Since when is a photo of you holding up an installation media a valid proof that you actually own the software?? You could even hold up a friend's DVD. or you just photoshopped it into the photo. Not that i'd think deepndark has anything to prove to anyone. He wouldn't be able to do so anyway though.

deepndark

25 Apr 2016

chk071 wrote:Since when is a photo of you holding up an installation media a valid proof that you actually own the software?? You could even hold up a friend's DVD. or you just photoshopped it into the photo. Not that i'd think deepndark has anything to prove to anyone. He wouldn't be able to do so anyway though.
Oh, but why do YOU think your photo would be different. If you don't know who I was on the propellerheads forums (pirnikas) then you don't know much anyway.

deepndark

25 Apr 2016

Also as the title says, I also would like to install Record 1.5 which requires a dongle or a registered account. Good math buddy.

chk071

25 Apr 2016

Not sure if i understand you correctly. I just said that you don't have to prove that you're a legit user, and you wouldn't be able to do so anyway, especially not with a photo of you holding up the installation media.

deepndark

25 Apr 2016

chk071 wrote:Not sure if i understand you correctly. I just said that you don't have to prove that you're a legit user, and you wouldn't be able to do so anyway, especially not with a photo of you holding up the installation media.
I don't know why I need to prove it to you. Propably Adam Fielding knowing me from the early times isn't enough proof for a hater like you. :thumbs_down:

chk071

25 Apr 2016

deepndark wrote: I don't know why I need to prove it to you.
You don't. That's exactly what i was saying. Read my posts again, and try to understand. And i am no hater. Why do you think i am one?

• Information