Noob Question Alert: Which Effect have Mono Retrig, Mono Legato and Polyphonic (also the different amount of polyphony)?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Sceptny

21 Feb 2016

Noob Question Alert: Which Effect have Mono Retrig, Mono Legato and Polyphonic (also the different amount of polyphony) on the Sound in Thor? :roll:

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2016

I'm sorry but your Q doesn't make much sense (language issue?)

If you want to change the way Thor responds to multiple notes then adjust the Mono/Poly options. These are explained in the Help docs with Reason. Thor's implementation of Mono/Poly/Legato modes is pretty standard stuff.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

selig
RE Developer

21 Feb 2016

The different modes affect how the envelopes are triggered (or not triggered). Mono means you can only play one note - add a second note and the first note cuts off. If set to Mono Retrig the envelopes will trigger upon adding this second note. If set to legato, the envelopes will NOT retrigger when you add the second note.

Poly mode means you can play up to the number of notes allows by the polyphony setting. Different things happen with different synths upon adding notes beyond the polyphony setting. Some will not play another note, some will "steal" the first voice to play the new note. I'm sure there are other options I'm forgetting about…
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information