Easter Eggs?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
philosurfer

31 Jan 2016

Since i recently found out about the Subtractor's ability to unscrew the screws in the rack, I was interested to see if there were any other known easter eggs?

sentient.minority

31 Jan 2016

On the back of the Neptune unit you'll find the words Ken Lee, which refer to this:

Electric-Metal

31 Jan 2016

How about this one.

:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Electric-Metal

31 Jan 2016

sentient.minority wrote:On the back of the Neptune unit you'll find the words Ken Lee, which refer to this:

Who the #*@% is Ken Lee :?: :lol:

joeyluck

31 Jan 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:How about this one.

And we have a fun little hint for this on the back of the RE :)

tt_lab

31 Jan 2016

That ken lee video is old but everytime I see it I can't stop laughing lol

plaamook

01 Feb 2016

Yeah ok...I think I can beat Ken Lee here. Personally.
I work alone quite often in people's houses. I'm a caprpenter, among other things. I've got a real thing for Nustrat Fateh Ali Khan and I'm not too bothered about trying to sing along with my headphone on when no one's around. I don't speak a word of Farsee, Urdu, Arabic, or any of the other languages he/they sing in. ( though I think I listed them all)
So one day I'm singing along hapilly, measurung shit, cutting it up, screwing it together, hapy as a bunny when I realise the cleaning woman is in. " How long have you been here?" She's been in for half an hour while I've been wailing away. We just laughed our asses off at my expense.
I tend to check more often these days.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

philosurfer

01 Feb 2016

Nice.. These are great. This needs to be complied in a list somewhere for posterity.

:)

EnochLight

01 Feb 2016

How about ones that have been removed? ;) You used to be able to double-click the Matrix near the display, and it would state "The Matrix" on the panel - not sure why they removed that one. This would have been Reason 1.0 (or possibly 2.0). A "Dell" logo used to be almost visible on the back of the NNXT on the folded out programmer, but it has since been removed (likely due to copyright avoidance).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ScuzzyEye

01 Feb 2016

Not so much a hidden part of the interface, but there is a hidden meaning behind the names of many of the devices in the Reason rack. My favorite being the NN-19.

If you've ever heard a Prop say the name of this device, they don't say, "En, En, Nineteen," they say, "Nuh-Nuh-Nineteen." Probably not a lot of people here watch Wil Wheaton play tabletop games, but when someone rolls a 19, he also says, "nuh-nuh-nineteen." Both of these are for the same reason. There is a song by Paul Hardcastle called, "19". It makes heavy use of re-triggered samples, including one that goes, "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen, nineteen."

C//AZM

02 Feb 2016

ScuzzyEye wrote:Not so much a hidden part of the interface, but there is a hidden meaning behind the names of many of the devices in the Reason rack. My favorite being the NN-19.

If you've ever heard a Prop say the name of this device, they don't say, "En, En, Nineteen," they say, "Nuh-Nuh-Nineteen." Probably not a lot of people here watch Wil Wheaton play tabletop games, but when someone rolls a 19, he also says, "nuh-nuh-nineteen." Both of these are for the same reason. There is a song by Paul Hardcastle called, "19". It makes heavy use of re-triggered samples, including one that goes, "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen, nineteen.
Ok, um...theres;
And Re-Drum is pronounced Redrum which is murder backwards.
Neptune tunes
Alligator uses gates
RPG8 arpeggiates
Maelstrom swirls grains around(?)
Scream 4....Has a hidden meaning too...I think.

ScuzzyEye

02 Feb 2016

C//AZM wrote:Ok, um...theres;
And Re-Drum is pronounced Redrum which is murder backwards.
RPG8 arpeggiates
Scream 4....Has a hidden meaning too...I think.
Both Redrum, and Scream 4 are horror movie references. Scream 4 was added to the rack when there were only 3 Scream movies.

It's true that RPG-8 sounds like arpeggiate. But there's also an RPG-7: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-7

etyrnal

02 Feb 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:
sentient.minority wrote:On the back of the Neptune unit you'll find the words Ken Lee, which refer to this:

Who the #*@% is Ken Lee :?: :lol:
If you'd been around since version 1.0 or so, and had been hanging out in the forums, it'd make sense

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Electric-Metal

03 Feb 2016

etyrnal wrote:If you'd been around since version 1.0 or so, and had been hanging out in the forums, it'd make sense

Sorry, but idon't really understand what you're trying to tell me! :?:

sentient.minority

03 Feb 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:
etyrnal wrote:If you'd been around since version 1.0 or so, and had been hanging out in the forums, it'd make sense

Sorry, but idon't really understand what you're trying to tell me! :?:
Once upon a time in a land far, far away there was a song by a Prince called "Harry Nilsson" called "Without You", it is considered a timeless classic by everyone in the kingdom.

Many years later a pretty princess decided to take the princes song and sing it for herself, her name was Mariah Carey. She sang the song beautifully and everyone loved the song again, yippee!

But then a wicked witch from TV land tried to sing the song for herself at the kingdoms' talent show and destroyed it completely, not just because she thought the lyrics were "Ken Lee" instead of "I can't live" amongst other errors (probably due to her native tongue being witchy speak) but she was also very out of tune.

The Wizard of Propellertown (very near to the palace) decided to add voice correction to his new program that would ensure that the singing in the kingdom would always be in tune, he called it Neptune after the King of the sea. Just to remind everyone of the Witch's bad deed he decided to write "Ken Lee" on the magical device to remind them.

Everyone in the kingdom understood what this meant except for this one guy, everyone lived happily ever after (except for that one guy).

The End.

Electric-Metal

03 Feb 2016

@sentient

What a nice Fairy Tale :thumbs_up:

Stranger.

08 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 06 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Stranger.

12 Feb 2016

ΣΣΣ

bitley

10 Aug 2016

Found a new easter egg today, on MacOS X. At first I tried launching Reason from my dock icon, which pointed to a hard disk I have now formatted. So the Reason logo literally fell apart.
Skärmavbild 2016-08-10 kl. 16.59.42.png
Skärmavbild 2016-08-10 kl. 16.59.42.png (17.19 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
To compare, when I launched Reason from the correct hard drive, placing the dock icons next to each other:
Skärmavbild 2016-08-10 kl. 16.56.16.png
Skärmavbild 2016-08-10 kl. 16.56.16.png (13.52 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

bitley

11 Aug 2016

As one gets older eyesight gets affected… it's a question mark blended with the icon, regular OS X behaviour for links pointing to removed drives. But I thought it looked funny at first… ;) As the question mark faded in, like all glossy and animated things in OS X, the Reason logo felt animated. Good trick! :lol:

wildfusion

11 Aug 2016

at the subtractor you can move scroubs

Resonator

11 Aug 2016

• Information