Anyone know how to do this effect?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eox

02 Feb 2016

at 0:25 and at 3:01 you hear what kinda sounds like a filtered sine wave go up in pitch then down in pitch in a slowing time. Such a cool sound. I was curious if anyone could help recreate that type of sound? It's got that spacey beam vibe to it.

Ahornberg

02 Feb 2016

pitch-bend ...

JoshuaPhilgarlic

02 Feb 2016

There is actually nothing to "filter" in a sine wave ;) , but with the pitch you nailed it! Here's my attempt using Thor...
sweep down.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
I used a triangle wave instead of the sine to provide a little bit more harmonics. I also got the impression that there's some detuning or chorus at the and, so I used Thor's chorus fx and a second oscillator detuned by a delayed LFO.

eox

04 Feb 2016

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:There is actually nothing to "filter" in a sine wave ;) , but with the pitch you nailed it! Here's my attempt using Thor...
sweep down.zip
I used a triangle wave instead of the sine to provide a little bit more harmonics. I also got the impression that there's some detuning or chorus at the and, so I used Thor's chorus fx and a second oscillator detuned by a delayed LFO.

Man you pretty much nailed it!

• Information