Wtf .. latest autheriser won't install on win xp !!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
submonsterz

18 Dec 2015

I used to work at a place for a while years back that decommissioned government and company computers .
Good parts were sold rest was re cycled and most of these came with oem software installed ie from Dell etc.
These licenses are normally.perfectly good and cheap as chips .
It's normally why you.need to phone ms support.as the keys don't normally work straight.off.
Reason being they are tied to the computers they came from .
Once they get checked for decommissioning of the original hardware they are perfectly good licenses once again.
I would presume these licenses are from some simular set up.

jonheal

18 Dec 2015

Technically, you're not supposed to move Windows OEM from one machine to another but ... whatever.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

True

18 Dec 2015

normen wrote:For the OEM that either means a loss of 80$ or 60$ (or lets say 70$), pretty easy to understand if you ask me.
I believe his point is that if this company legally acquired Windows 7 for resale, then they would have had to do so at a far higher price than what they are charging.

Ostermilk

18 Dec 2015

submonsterz wrote:
Ostermilk wrote:
submonsterz wrote:
Ostermilk wrote:
submonsterz wrote:
normen wrote:Windows 7 is 10 bucks instant download... XP really shouldn't be used anymore. That said, maybe you try to actually do what the popup says and re-install instead of installing a new version.
Xp still gets Microsoft fixes etc it's still a working valid os .
I got win 7and win 10 on other machines with reason 7 on and why should I update and do the bullshit to run 6.5 and sdk 1 res there's absolutely no reason to.
IIRC FXpansion and Native Instruments among others dropped XP support well before Reason did. So the point about it being a valid OS is moot if 3rd party support has finished. Truth be told as well you'd probably be one of the first to go wtf if Reason still maintained support for XP as it would give you another golden opportunity to state how far behind everything else it was... ;)

I guess the only reason you should update and do the bullshit to run 6.5 and SDK 1 REs is if you can't get it working again.

Like I said though if you follow the instructions I gave just now you should get back to a factory fresh 6.5 install which worked back then and will work as well now if you do what I just suggested.
Still a wtf I never got to install a newer version it refused the newer version on clicking install it never installed nothing.
So that's that out and re install of the 6.5.disk same reason works says autheriser broke when trying to connect to props account page ....
Next idea on solving needed now then ehhh.
WTF! :shock: ;)

Did you try uninstalling any references to Codemeter and Authorizer anyway before re-installing Reason?

Drop support an email and ask them what is the latest version of Auth that runs on XP but also works in the shop and get them to send you a link to download it otherwise.
I fixed it with a fresh head this morning .
I copied over a back up I had saved on other comp then no work so I then went in registry deleted everything to do with reason and code meter in there .
Then went back to other pc and copied regarding info from there I deleted in other .
Then grabbed all res from roaming folder on other comp copied over .
Worked ......
The only thing I didn't do last night was delete reason reg files and copy over the Re's folder from the roaming folder still a head scratch on what was amiss in the first place though.
Good to hear. A fresh head is always a good ally against something that's being a PITA.

normen

18 Dec 2015

True wrote:I believe his point is that if this company legally acquired Windows 7 for resale, then they would have had to do so at a far higher price than what they are charging.
My point is that some company bought heaps of Win 7 OEM licenses, then starts to ship their computers with Win 8, leaving them with 10,000 80$ licenses they can't use anymore. Selling them for 10$ each to some other company for resale would reduce their losses from 80,000$ to 70,000$.

ReasonUser

18 Dec 2015

normen wrote:
True wrote:I believe his point is that if this company legally acquired Windows 7 for resale, then they would have had to do so at a far higher price than what they are charging.
My point is that some company bought heaps of Win 7 OEM licenses, then starts to ship their computers with Win 8, leaving them with 10,000 80$ licenses they can't use anymore. Selling them for 10$ each to some other company for resale would reduce their losses from 80,000$ to 70,000$.
I think you mean $800,000 to $700,000. And by law those licenses need to be sold with some form of computer hardware.

Not saying it doesn't work, but it's sketchy at best.

normen

19 Dec 2015

ReasonUser wrote:I think you mean $800,000 to $700,000. And by law those licenses need to be sold with some form of computer hardware.

Not saying it doesn't work, but it's sketchy at best.
Oops, yeah, changed the values afterwards. Anyway I guess you know what I mean. And again, theres been court rulings about this.

Soul One

19 Dec 2015

ReasonUser wrote:And by law those licenses need to be sold with some form of computer hardware.
Nope, at least not in Germany.
MV-8800 · MPC 1000 · SP-303 · SP-404 · Maschine Studio · Maschine MK1 · REAPER
Wood side panels, parts & upgrades for Maschine and the MPC range

submonsterz

19 Dec 2015

Soul One wrote:
ReasonUser wrote:And by law those licenses need to be sold with some form of computer hardware.
Nope, at least not in Germany.
most companies offer the hardware along with the item but for personal collection or at a postage rate that makes it not worth having delivered with the license so that's how they get round that with hardware attached to license problem hardly any one ever wants the old hardware and to have to collect or have delivered at heavy cost.
once you own the hardware and license whether you collect or use the hardware or not you can decommission the hardware etc and the license can then placed on any of your other hardware.
at least that's how it has worked over here for years legally.
if wasn't legal ms would not activate the license when you ring them with it sitting on the new hard ware if it was illegal.
I know these licenses work and know even on one of my computers the win 7 I got this way also got upgraded to win 10 pro as well for free. :puf_bigsmile:

• Information