POLL: Which version of Reason are you using?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Which version of Reason are you using?

Poll ended at 27 Nov 2015

Reason 8.3
59%
Reason 8.2
1%
Reason 8.1
No votes
Reason 8.0
No votes
Reason 7.1.1/7.1.2
33%
Reason 7.1
2%
Reason 7.0
No votes
Reason 6.5
3%
Reason 6.0
No votes
Reason 5 or earlier
1%

Total votes: 212
FATCheese

30 Aug 2015

7.1.1 user. And very happy.
Reason 8 doesn't offer me things that I think I need in my hobby music making environment.
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Emian

30 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:What is quite telling from the responses here is that almost 99% of responding users are potential Rack Extension customers, and all are SDK 2.0 (custom display widget) applicable. That's great parity!
good point ! i' m on 7.1.1, but i must add that for me the biggest selling point to upgrade to 8.x would be an significant SDK update & some great RE's to show off the new SDK :)

i admit, i tried the 8.0 trial, new browser felt nice, speed went up, but still mèh, not worth the price.... (buyin' an Nektar Impact LX recently enhanced my workflow anyway, even on Reason 7)

then came 8.3 with the RV7000 MK2, woke a little interrest but still not enough....

i'm very curious what future holds; mostly lookin' ffwd to Black Friday right now :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

joeyluck

30 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
joeyluck wrote: Yes, the recording meter/tuner is now ⌘F3.
I don't even know what that symbol means. Some sort of Mac command, I assume.
Yeah it's Command actually. So cmd+F3 now calls up the recording meter/tuner

submonsterz

30 Aug 2015

wont let me choose twice I got both 7.1.1 and 6.5 on different licenses..... so my two votes would be stuck as a one vote not fair !!!.

EnochLight

30 Aug 2015

submonsterz wrote:wont let me choose twice I got both 7.1.1 and 6.5 on different licenses..... so my two votes would be stuck as a one vote not fair !!!.
Polls only have a maximum of 10 choices, and I only allowed the ability to make one choice for the sake of simplicity. I hadn't considered those who own more than one version - d'oh! My suggestion is: choose the one you use the most! ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

submonsterz

30 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:
submonsterz wrote:wont let me choose twice I got both 7.1.1 and 6.5 on different licenses..... so my two votes would be stuck as a one vote not fair !!!.
Polls only have a maximum of 10 choices, and I only allowed the ability to make one choice for the sake of simplicity. I hadn't considered those who own more than one version - d'oh! My suggestion is: choose the one you use the most! ;)
but I use both lol I have the different things in the different ones I use like 7 to use spec eq etc and 6 to use my main res lol I cant choose I have to use both :)
but for you ill just choose r7.1.1

Social Exodus

30 Aug 2015

I had $129 spare duckets so I sprang for Reason 8.3 and I love playing the convolution reverb. After a shift in thinking, I am getting used to using drag and drop and the new Softube amps are a pure bonus to me as a guitar player.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

electrochoc (PRX-A)

30 Aug 2015

So that's it? I'm one of the only ones still using Reason 6.5? :puf_unhappy:
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Steedus
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2015

^ Nah I'm still on 6.5 too. It's funny, I didn't think upgrading to 7 was a good enough deal, and was waiting for version 8. But now after seeing and playing with R8, I'd probably more likely "up"grade to 7 if I could.. Hopefully things gel a bit better for R9. Personally the current visual state of Reason looks like multiple revisions pilled together. Sure it's not the looks that count necessarily, but it does "feel" a little clunky for me in it's current state. But it's also true that since getting a full time office job, I don't really have much spark for making music anymore. It really does suck the life outta ya.

Jagwah

31 Aug 2015

Honestly, I just can't see myself upgrading past 7.1.1, it's just too perfect. I'm very hesitant about that auto update feature in R8, things like that could leave me hanging for an entire day without Reason access, and there's visual things I don't like about it. Besides those things, my beastly computer and Reason 7 are together solid as a rock.

REASON 7 FTW!!

joeyluck

31 Aug 2015

:refillpacker:
Jagwah wrote:Honestly, I just can't see myself upgrading past 7.1.1, it's just too perfect. I'm very hesitant about that auto update feature in R8, things like that could leave me hanging for an entire day without Reason access, and there's visual things I don't like about it. Besides those things, my beastly computer and Reason 7 are together solid as a rock.

REASON 7 FTW!!
Auto update doesn't work like that. When an update is available, Reason let's you know and you have the option to update. So more like Mac OS and less like Windows.

Jagwah

31 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:Auto update doesn't work like that. When an update is available, Reason let's you know and you have the option to update. So more like Mac OS and less like Windows.
Cool man.

EnochLight

31 Aug 2015

We're at 107 responses so far. Would be nice to get this up to 200!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gak

31 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote: Yes, the recording meter/tuner is now ⌘F3. I think the consensus was that it is called upon much less.
But what a feature! Only discovered it a couple of months ago. I can use that huge/accurate meter to fine tune pickups and levels so that everything is plug and play.

Ok, that's 2 posts today, back to my cave. Bad reason fanboi, BAD!

Marketblandings

02 Sep 2015

Lowly, belly-crawling, no-count Essentials 2.1.1 user.

Dance FX 21

03 Sep 2015

Reason 8.3 is a huge improvement on v 6.5 when I used it last - really dig the workflow now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

motuscott

03 Sep 2015

gak wrote:I voted 2.0. Also, that propellerheads are the george w bush of the daw world.
Gawd. It just takes one Ahole...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

colcifer

03 Sep 2015

Who are the other two people using 6.5?

joet63

04 Sep 2015

I'm still using R5, I have had a few little tech issues, not having a computer that grunts and snorts in the face of resource hunger, also not having enough hard-drive back-ups! hahaha
Main issues were not knowing what I was doing and still learning! :D
I still like using R5 because it easy to use for a noob like me :-)

I will hopefully d/loading R6.5 today yay!
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

Namahs Amrak

04 Sep 2015

Good stuff, joet63.

The magic doesn't happen with a gigantic array of digital plugins. For computer-based music, Reason 3 can produce outstanding music !

The 'Latest & Greatest' crowd of software-updaters appear fixated on the dream, while not particularly making anything worth listening to.

Reason is AWESOME, regardless of the version.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... it=beatles
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

04 Sep 2015

joet63 wrote:I'm still using R5, I have had a few little tech issues, not having a computer that grunts and snorts in the face of resource hunger, also not having enough hard-drive back-ups! hahaha
Main issues were not knowing what I was doing and still learning! :D
I still like using R5 because it easy to use for a noob like me :-)

I will hopefully d/loading R6.5 today yay!
I hear ya'. Version 5 was the last great "traditional" Reason upgrade, and a fine version at that. With it, you got sampling (finally!), Blocks, Dr. Octo replacing Dr. Rex, and Kong. Amazing value!

That said, if you're upgrading to 6.5, for the same cost you can upgrade to 8.3 - which adds a vast amount of value over 6.5. Unless you're getting the license second-hand, which I totally understand. Anyway, enjoy!

Spryx

04 Sep 2015

ebop wrote:R8.3 and counting. Drag and drop has been huge. Neptune still sucks balls though.
I could not agree more.....it is really kind of odd for PH. Most of the devices they release are so great....and then there is Neptune. I just can't get anything decent out of it, and using it for pitch correction gives less than desirable results.
latest:

jfrichards

04 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:...if you're upgrading to 6.5, for the same cost you can upgrade to 8.3 - which adds a vast amount of value over 6.5...
I have to keep 6.5 on my old macbook, it can't load the higher OS for R7/8. It cost me $1400 in computer/RAM to go higher than 6.5. That could be why some people have to max out at 6.5

joeyluck

04 Sep 2015

Spryx wrote:
ebop wrote:R8.3 and counting. Drag and drop has been huge. Neptune still sucks balls though.
I could not agree more.....it is really kind of odd for PH. Most of the devices they release are so great....and then there is Neptune. I just can't get anything decent out of it, and using it for pitch correction gives less than desirable results.
I think Neptune sounds fabulous for voice synth :)

• Information