Reason 8.2 Update is Available!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

jfrichards

02 Apr 2015

eXode wrote:...You can never be too late for PINEAPPLE!!! :D
But you can be late for the pineapple parade apparently.

Attachments
where's_the_parade?.png
where's_the_parade?.png (501.55 KiB) Viewed 2651 times

rvman

02 Apr 2015

This is awesome news. Now we'll have new issues to cry about. It was getting boring around here. LOL.

Man I can't wait to update, and it looks like they've streamlined the update process which is awesome. Can't wait!!!
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

clone

02 Apr 2015

Hey where are the new sound banks at? Did it store them somewhere else?

JoshuaPhilgarlic

02 Apr 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Ok, but where are the factory soundbanks hidden now (on Mac) - just in case I need to return to Reason prior to 8.2 eventually??
EnochLight wrote:
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks
Windows: \ProgramData\Propellerhead Software etc 
Ah, got it. Thanks a lot :) !

EddieG

02 Apr 2015

Where?
I didn't see it
ROFLMAO!
JiggeryPokery wrote:Camouflage Green isn't Camouflage if you're using Reason in a desert.
stratcatfl in the house !

EddieG

02 Apr 2015

O love my colours
Because I can use them as mix markers

If you obsess like I do you might like to colorize your mixes
Blue=Heavy Comp/date
Green+yellow=template/date
lemon and pineapple=mp3mixdown/date
Red and Blue = master /date
etc.
stratcatfl in the house !

flightONE

02 Apr 2015

I'm not usually a troll but  for f***s sake... the last  32bit only processor is about 8 years old, there is NO reason in 2015 for software to be  32 bit only, so people complaining about 32 bit support, I'm afraid to be the one to tell you; It's time to upgrade your computer...

Marc64

02 Apr 2015

My opinion about the function keys is that they should switch F3 browser and F4 computer keyboard cause it fits better and would flow better me thinks.
I keep pressing F4 for the browser but only getting the keyboard up :P

Switching between rack, seq and mixer and then the browser at F4 would be best, toughts or am I too lazy to move just one more key to the left? LOL

Wook

02 Apr 2015

@Mattias

Cool update. It would be much appreciated if you would allow us to change Reason theme into something mellower like Cubase or Logic. Give us an option to choose between bright or smooth so traditionalists keep enjoying default one. People with sight issues would be very grateful. Also those who feel more inspired with darker colours. I'm both.

ScuzzyEye

02 Apr 2015

flightONE wrote:I'm not usually a troll but  for f***s sake... the last  32bit only processor is about 8 years old, there is NO reason in 2015 for software to be  32 bit only, so people complaining about 32 bit support, I'm afraid to be the one to tell you; It's time to upgrade your computer...
As you said, every computer sold in the last 8 years can run the 64-bit version of Windows. Where the anger should be directed is to the manufacturers who have keep on shipping 32-bit Windows. The only reason they even do that is to make a different feature level in their product line-up. "Oh, you want 64-bit? That'll cost you." It's very likely you can even get a 64-bit ISO, and re-use the same product key that's already on your machine to re-install Windows (don't do start down this road until you do a little research first). It's completely lame that anyone has shipped a 32-bit install of Windows 8, that should have never existed.

Janvier

02 Apr 2015

KaliKush84 wrote:loving the new track colors props have been listening.slowly but surely things are looking good. :)
I would prefer a color palette, with custom color option, rather than a popup menu !! Like in Ableton Live. But at least we have finally more color lol !! 

illone

02 Apr 2015

@Mark64

1) Download AutoHotKey(AHK)  : http://ahkscript.org
2) Save below script as "Reason_Swap_F3_F4.ahk"
3) Run it.  (Put in start up folder if you want it auto on machine startup)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Swap f3 and f4 for Reason

#IfWinActive ahk_class Reason 
f3::f4
f4::f3
#IfWinActive

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I'm at work, so this isn;t tested.  Not 100% sure on the "ahk_class" name of Reason window/app.

Marc64

02 Apr 2015

illone wrote:@Mark64

1) Download AutoHotKey(AHK)  : http://ahkscript.org
2) Save below script as "Reason_Swap_F3_F4.ahk"
3) Run it.  (Put in start up folder if you want it auto on machine startup)

; Swap f3 and f4 for Reason

#IfWinActive ahk_class Reason 
f3::f4
f4::f3
#IfWinActive

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I'm at work, so this isn;t tested.  Not 100% sure on the "ahk_class" name of Reason window/app.

Cool :) Don't get it to work though...

phasys

02 Apr 2015

32 colors!!! Wow!!! My Amiga 500 is laughing so hard it isn't even funny.

Puckboy2000

02 Apr 2015

challism wrote:I'm surprised they aren't calling this Reason 9 and charging $129 for it.  ha ha ha
Don't give then any ideas...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Puckboy2000

02 Apr 2015

For peoples like me that are on the fence about Upgrading, Mac Pro Video has a free tutorial on what's new (not the most recent updates though) in Reason 8. I fount it helpful. I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/rea ... n-reason-8
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Marc64

02 Apr 2015

phasys wrote:32 colors!!! Wow!!! My Amiga 500 is laughing so hard it isn't even funny.
hahaha twice the amount of commodore64 :)

KEVMOVE02

02 Apr 2015

Concep wrote:  My word laptop runs a 32bit Windows 7, and my company won't let me change it.  That means, if I probably won't have backward compatibility with my machine at home if I update to 8.2.
Is your company okay with you running software on company owned equipment that isn't licensed to them? 

As far as the transition to 64 bit only, that writing was on the wall when they forced everyone to get Windows 7. 

As far as the update, it just keeps getting better and better. I think all those people accusing Propellerhead of neglecting their customers and their craft need to eat a huge slice of humble pie, then admit that they want to buy one of those $199 bundles.

gak

02 Apr 2015

@32 bit: 

I can totally understand someone being disappointed by this but even my moms computer is x64 and it's 5 years old. 

@update: I'm always leery of just upgrading. Need to find out more about this refill thing (not sure I understand it yet but I keep reading about it)

Iggster

02 Apr 2015

Well I'm staying in the R7 club until they sort the tempo sync out while browsing! Even tho I unwittingly upgraded to R7 to gain synchronous only to lose the tempo sync - come on PH give it back in R8.3 and I may join the party once again!

PadShifta

02 Apr 2015

Hi!
I use three workstations in my studio. I am using Reason 7.x on the laptop and 8.1 on the other two desktops.
If I load Reason 8.2 on, say, the laptop, will the changes affect my other two machines in any way? Like the authorisation methods? I don´t have internet on all three machines. Will all three authorisation-types still be/stay available for the desktops not using Reason 8.2? I usually take the laptop to clients or to my other workplace, where I spend a lot of time. I always used the "authorise computer&keys" method on the laptop, meaning no internet or USB-key-authorisation needed.
 I don´t know if I got this right, but I thought I read something about the Props getting rid of some of the authorisation methods, that´s why I am worried.

I will not be updating to 8.2, if any workstation other than the one I updated Reason on will also lose the ability to use the "authorise computer&keys" method!!

Really, I need to know, so I can be sure it is safe or unsafe to upgrade. So if anybody can help me out here, thanks in advance.

Andy

CCO

02 Apr 2015

asio4all does not stopping everytime i launch reason, at last!
and i can use my refills which are located in my external hdd, just drag them to the browser.
as reason can detect uptades from now on, i think there will be more of them, so excited to see what will happen!

Last Alternative

02 Apr 2015

Does anyone think we're moving toward an online only & monthly pay membership? I love this 8.2 update but things are starting to feel strange.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

EnochLight

02 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Does anyone think we're moving toward an online only & monthly pay membership? I love this 8.2 update but things are starting to feel strange.
It crossed my mind the moment online Internet verification was introduced years ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if alternative licensing models were explored at some point, but until that day occurs - I'm not worrying.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information