Propellerhead Releases Free Reason 9.2 Update with New Plug-In SDK!

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

Does anyone here check PH's home page?

https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason ... nformation

Reason 9.2
Rack Extensions Expanded

A new generation of Rack Extensions are coming with sample loading and new interface technology.

The latest version of Reason adds sample loading and improved UI to the Rack Extensions toolkit. Reason 9.2 is a free update for all Reason 9 owners. Check out the first instruments to support the new technology!

Expanse Hyperwave
Advanced Wavetable synth that now lets you load your own waveforms.

Proton
Brand new Granular Synthesis instrument.
Edit: Oh right, and Zero got some Reason 9.2 magic too!

Edit2: Release Notes! :D
Reason 9.2 Release Notes

Added support for Rack Extension SDK 2.5. Rack Extensions now support sample loading, hideable widgets and more.

Reason Patch Collection now includes all patches from Electromechanical and the office favorite patch Bass One'o'One (Reason full version only)

The patch Rheem GlitterTop is now correctly categorized as Electric Piano (Reason full version only)

Fixed a bug where a sample from the Factory Sound Bank could be self-contained which would lead to issues

Fixed an issue where notes could hang when using Players with the External MIDI Instrument

Edit3: oh, and now this post got some Admin treatment, zapped into another forum :) ok...
Last edited by Koshdukai on 25 Jan 2017, edited 6 times in total.

Ostermilk

25 Jan 2017

Yeah I saw that.

Any idea of when it will become available?

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

Ostermilk wrote:Yeah I saw that.

dunno :P ...but "sample loading" on REs!!! :D

Ostermilk

25 Jan 2017

Scratch that I just loaded Reason and it says Update Available.

Downloading.

Any release notes?

Kenni
Site Admin

25 Jan 2017

echo_update1.JPG
echo_update1.JPG (45.01 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
echo_update2.JPG
echo_update2.JPG (16.3 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

chimp_spanner

25 Jan 2017

Jesus, Proton has been out for all of 10 minutes and it's already got 3 stars? Who rates these?!
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

HP Envy J130ea | i7 4700MQ | 12 GB DDR | 2GB GeForce 740m | Komplete Audio 6

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Jesus, Proton has been out for all of 10 minutes and it's already got 3 stars? Who rates these?!
I've seen someone around here explain that by default all REs now(?) start with 3 stars and voting will adjust it further on... it seems.

Ostermilk

25 Jan 2017

Koshdukai wrote:

dunno :P ...but "sample loading" on REs!!! :D
Wow! Cool stuff.

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

Ostermilk wrote:

Scratch that I just loaded Reason and it says Update Available.

Downloading.

Any release notes?
Booting my "Reason machine" as I write this :D

ReasonTalk

25 Jan 2017

Propellerhead Software today released Reason 9.2. A free update is exciting in it self, but the big deal this time is the realm of possibilities the new SDK 2.5 presents to us. Wavetable synths with custom wavetables? Dedicated pop-up menus for Rack Extensions? Tabs, widgets and switchable panels? All that is indeed possible now!

https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/01/prop ... ug-in-sdk/

Kenni
Site Admin

25 Jan 2017

Just FYI, there's a few updates in the shop that Echo picked up on.

Here's the top 5 by Release date:
echo_top5_release.JPG
echo_top5_release.JPG (59.54 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

pjeudy

25 Jan 2017

Announcing Reason 9.2
Posted Jan. 25, 2017, 8:41 a.m.

We're happy to announce that Reason 9.2 and a new version of the Rack Extension toolkit is now available!

When we created Rack Extensions we wanted to build a plug-in format that truly felt like Reason, with all the great workflow you guys expect. CV and audio connections, full automation, undo, integration with the Reason browser and much more.

Now, we've taken the next step! With Reason 9.2 and the new Rack Extension toolkit, developers can create devices with Reason's unique sampling feature and create much better, more user friendly interfaces with hideable widgets and panels, improved displays and more. We believe this will lead to even more exciting instruments, effects and utilities to help Reason users everywhere make more and better music. To show you just how great the new features are, Blamsoft and LoveOne have created two amazing synths.

Blamsoft's best-selling synth Expanse has been updated to version 2. The most exciting feature is that you can now load your own samples to create custom wavetables! It's also fully compatible with the Serum wavetable format, bringing an unfathomable number of new synth sounds to the Reason rack. I've personally had a lot of fun using Reason's sample feature to sample my guitar to create my own wavetables. Try it out and check the video below to see it in action.

Proton, developed by LoveOne in collaboration with Selig Audio, is a brand new synth and the first granular synth Rack Extension, which is exciting in itself. Based on the Neutron plug-in, Proton can load up any sample and synthesize new sound by throwing "particles" on the waveform to play parts of it. It sounds a bit like science fiction, but it's extremely fun and easy to use. Endless experimentation and interesting soundscapes awaits by simply dropping a sample on Proton and tweaking some parameters.

To update to Reason 9.2, simply launch Reason 9 or 9.1 and download your free update. And if you're on an earlier version or don't own Reason yet, there's never been a better time to get started. I'm really looking forward to see what new, exciting Rack Extensions that will be released. The only thing I know for sure is that there are now even more ways to get creative in the Reason rack.

Read all about Reason 9.2 here!

Mattias Häggström Gerdt
Reason Product Manager

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

pjeudy

25 Jan 2017

wow..ok.. double post !! the original got locked and vanished only to show up here :shock:
Last edited by pjeudy on 25 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

25 Jan 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Jesus, Proton has been out for all of 10 minutes and it's already got 3 stars? Who rates these?!
I think JP mentioned that 3 stars is the shop's default for new products.

D.

boiltheocean120

25 Jan 2017

This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you!

eusti

25 Jan 2017

And, I'm super curious if we're getting now updates to the Jackboxes... Or other REs...

D.

Marc64

25 Jan 2017

finaly sample loading and GRANUAL SYNTH :)

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

dezma

25 Jan 2017

no way... FINALLY groups of synth parameters

Checked in expanse, no more ridiculous long lists of unsorted parameters, but sorted by LFO/ENVELOPE/...

Also OSC selection is now mapped in folders. While it took way too much time to provide this, I'm glad it's finally there.

Last edited by dezma on 25 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

25 Jan 2017

Maybe we can get sampler REs now... A Mirage RE or an Emax or DSS-1 RE?

D.

adfielding

25 Jan 2017

Expanse was already flipping fantastic, now we get this... lovely.

I only recently picked up Neutron and I've been having a blast with it, so Proton is definitely up on my "must try" list. Really looking forward to what this means for future REs :)

Creativemind

25 Jan 2017

Wow! amazing news.

Just been reading up on widgets, kind of get them but can someone here explain exactly what they are / do maybe in terms more specific to Re's?

I would also like to know more on what it means by 'improved displays'?
:reason:

Reason 10.2

TheMiles

25 Jan 2017

Yay thats a dream come true :)! Finaly sample loading in Reason WOW... Does that mean Sampler REs soon ?
I know I have nothing substantial to say but "this is AWESOME"

Thnx to the props who finaly have decided to listen to their customers demands :)

Marc64

25 Jan 2017

an update on malström would be nice now. is it update in 9.2?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

deepndark

25 Jan 2017

And once again this software got better again, thank you Props!

Koshdukai

25 Jan 2017

Creativemind wrote:I would also like to know more on what it means by 'improved displays'?
The clearly visible difference is that now it's possible to have popup menus on those custom displays.

Another is that now modifier keys (SHIFT, ALT, CTRL, CMD) also work on those displays, so RE Devs can use them now too while detecting mouse Click and Drag.

...and there's some improved way to update those displays, but the future will take care of showing that one out :)

btw, related to menus, another frikin'cool improvement is that now it's possible to have those option lists grouped like we're used to have on the Combinator or Thor, etc :)

• Information