Players Challenge - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
ReasonTalk

11 May 2018

Lectric Panda, LoveOne, Robotic Bean, Selig Audio, Static Cling, Zvork, and ReasonTalk are happy to announce the details of the Players Challenge. Read the rules here!

All entries listed alphabetically by forum username:

Asterion : https://youtu.be/lOyo_dRFRNc

Bes : https://youtu.be/EOVWY48XWsw

Boombastix : https://youtu.be/eOc9TUTtb28

Carly(Poohbear) : https://youtu.be/OumyHoKz0q0

coding : https://youtu.be/pQb-PTxjcQw

ddrex : https://youtu.be/xM7C22PAZDI

Re8et : https://youtu.be/djI4H4ngdWM

tofu : https://youtu.be/1WEAopoaXAA

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 May 2018

Glad to see these Challenges are still going strong. Cool concept, but I'm gonna skip this one. Too many rules that doesn't fit with how I want to work. No criticism. This challenge simply isn't for me.
But I imagine it will be perfect for many others.

Looking forward to hear what people will come up with.

Loque

11 May 2018

Nice idea. Only one Combinator with all devices is pretty challange. Dunno how i should manage the video... Well, i look into this...
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

11 May 2018

Instruments: Stock Reason 10 devices, except their built-in sequencers, arpeggiators, or similar features
If built-in sequencer (like Thor) using as CV-util without direct connection to instrument?
Direct connection to instrument counted is only CV Note + Gate pair or any?

tiker01

11 May 2018

Loque wrote:
11 May 2018
Nice idea. Only one Combinator with all devices is pretty challange. Dunno how i should manage the video... Well, i look into this...
It can be more than one combis. You can even build without a combi. However, you will need to combine at he end of the day so you can send it to us as unfortunately there is no other way to save a stack of players.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

tiker01

11 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
11 May 2018
Instruments: Stock Reason 10 devices, except their built-in sequencers, arpeggiators, or similar features
If built-in sequencer (like Thor) using as CV-util without direct connection to instrument?
Direct connection to instrument counted is only CV Note + Gate pair or any?
1. If you connect Thor's CV Note + Gate to CV-MIDI converter that is fine. But I think it would be much easier to use the Drum Sequncer ;)

2. Yes, as it is in the rules you can use any CV to modulate parameters.
What you are ALLOWED to use in your project:
  • CV Utility devices (non sequencer): native Reason or Free Rack Extension

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

TheGodOfRainbows

11 May 2018

Loque wrote:
11 May 2018
Where does it say that? I assumed we could make as many Combinators with as many Players as we wanted.

I'm excited about this challenge. I think the Players are friggin awesome.

joeyluck

11 May 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
11 May 2018
Loque wrote:
11 May 2018
Where does it say that? I assumed we could make as many Combinators with as many Players as we wanted.

Yeah I'm excited about this one too :puf_smile:
Very interested to see what people come up with!

tiker01

12 May 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
11 May 2018
Loque wrote:
11 May 2018

You can create as many Player stacks/Combinators as you wish.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

buddard
RE Developer

12 May 2018

tiker01 wrote:
11 May 2018
However, you will need to combine at he end of the day so you can send it to us as unfortunately there is no other way to save a stack of players.
Song file?

tiker01

12 May 2018

buddard wrote:
12 May 2018
tiker01 wrote:
11 May 2018
However, you will need to combine at he end of the day so you can send it to us as unfortunately there is no other way to save a stack of players.
Song file?
Song file is needed for

a) to verify if the rules were adhered to
b) if the player stacks cannot be saved in combis as they are interconnected via MIDI-CV converter

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 May 2018

tiker01 wrote:
12 May 2018
buddard wrote:
12 May 2018

Song file?
Song file is needed for

b) if the player stacks cannot be saved in combis as they are interconnected via MIDI-CV converter
What about an option c) the player is stacked onto a combinator ?

aeox
Competition Winner

12 May 2018

tiker01 wrote:
12 May 2018
buddard wrote:
12 May 2018

Song file?
Song file is needed for

I don't own R10, so this question isn't really for me, but the rules seem unclear.

You can't use the regular sequencer at all(except automation) / no drawing in midi manually?

Retake

12 May 2018

I'm not really sure I fully understand this challenge. Is it a live song demo? AKA: build a bunch of sequenced instruments, map them using the remote override mapping, and trigger them to create a live performance?

If yes, then I have to say it sounds pretty complex. I've never used the remote overrides. I might need a tutorial just on that.

joeyluck

12 May 2018

Retake wrote:
12 May 2018
I'm not really sure I fully understand this challenge. Is it a live song demo? AKA: build a bunch of sequenced instruments, map them using the remote override mapping, and trigger them to create a live performance?

If yes, then I have to say it sounds pretty complex. I've never used the remote overrides. I might need a tutorial just on that.
No it does not have to be live. You just create a video showcasing your use of the players. If you want to record a live performance, that is up to you.

Emian

13 May 2018

"What you HAVE TO use in your project:

All third party Player devices listed in the prize pool
At least one Player per instrument (Players not altering the MIDI data do not count)
Pattern automation"

things like the "chord detector" or "NoteView" are things that don't affect any notes , & is also something i don't see myself using.... but for this challenge we must use at least one in the project... so it's enough if i just use one of these at the end of a chain so that they are there?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

selig
RE Developer

13 May 2018

Emian wrote:"What you HAVE TO use in your project:

At least one Player per instrument (Players not altering the MIDI data do not count)
Pattern automation"

things like the "chord detector" or "NoteView" are things that don't affect any notes , & is also something i don't see myself using.... but for this challenge we must use at least one in the project... so it's enough if i just use one of these at the end of a chain so that they are there?
NoteView DEFINITELY can affect notes, especially effective via cv from an LFO or similar. Many creative applications (will make a video showing this).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Emian

13 May 2018

selig wrote:
13 May 2018
Emian wrote:"What you HAVE TO use in your project:

Pattern automation"

NoteView DEFINITELY can affect notes, especially effective via cv from an LFO or similar. Many creative applications (will make a video showing this).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ow thx Selig, didn't explore it enough yet then :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 May 2018

I made it, I still don't know where I should submit the song file (which does include the combinators) and the combinators needs to be saved indipendently (I hope it makes sense a slave combinator_)

Here's the video, pull down the volume at the beginning of the song that my mic cracked a tack.

joeyluck

13 May 2018

Re8et wrote:
13 May 2018
I made it, I still don't know where I should submit the song file (which does include the combinators) and the combinators needs to be saved indipendently (I hope it makes sense a slave combinator_)

Here's the video, pull down the volume at the beginning of the song that my mic cracked a tack.
:thumbs_up:

You've already posted it in the right place :puf_smile:

Send a PM to tiker01. You can arrange getting the files to him whichever way is convenient for you. In the announcement, it's suggested to upload to a file sharing service such a Google Drive or Dropbox, etc. and then share the link.

joeyluck

13 May 2018

aeox wrote:
12 May 2018
tiker01 wrote:
12 May 2018

Song file is needed for

I don't own R10, so this question isn't really for me, but the rules seem unclear.

You can't use the regular sequencer at all(except automation) / no drawing in midi manually?
You can use Reason's sequencer as long as those notes are processed by Players. Every instrument must be connected to a Player.

tiker01

17 May 2018

Are those cameras rolling?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

joeyluck

17 May 2018

tiker01 wrote:
17 May 2018
Are those cameras rolling?
Only 10 days left!

Haven't seen much discussion about it. Maybe we'll see plenty more entries towards the end.
Or maybe those who enter will have very good odds in their favor to win! ;)

BRIGGS

18 May 2018

So no rack extensions or VSTs?

Native Reason devices only?
r11s

joeyluck

18 May 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
18 May 2018
So no rack extensions or VSTs?

Native Reason devices only?
Correct, aside from free CV utilities.