Reason music player in the forum

List your suggestions here!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Propellerheads software.
Jagwah

Post 30 Mar 2021

Just wondering how difficult it would be to implement something like this here, heard so much good music lately and it seems only a few people listen to each of the music forum submissions, it would be a lot easier if there was a streaming player that was easily accessible for users browsing the forum. I think it would be good for the community in various ways.

Any thoughts?

deeplink

Post 30 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Just wondering how difficult it would be to implement something like this here, heard so much good music lately and it seems only a few people listen to each of the music forum submissions, it would be a lot easier if there was a streaming player that was easily accessible for users browsing the forum. I think it would be good for the community in various ways.

Any thoughts?
People use different platforms to upload their music, so I doubt there is one unified solution.

One solution would be perhaps ReasonTalk create a soundcloud page, and then add the SC links to a playlist - which could be embedded somewhere on the site.

I also know there is a Spotify Playlist of Reason producers, which gets posted every month to r/reasoners.

Jagwah

Post 30 Mar 2021

deeplink wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
30 Mar 2021

Any thoughts?
People use different platforms to upload their music, so I doubt there is one unified solution.

One solution would be perhaps ReasonTalk create a soundcloud page, and then add the SC links to a playlist - which could be embedded somewhere on the site.

I also know there is a Spotify Playlist of Reason producers, which gets posted every month to r/reasoners.
The idea would be users submit .wavs to the forum admins and they add it to the player.

This is the second mention of this Spotify playlist I have heard of I must check it out, I would still much rather something here people can listen to while browsing the forum, chances are they are doing it in silence most of the time. :o

Billy+

Post 30 Mar 2021

Maybe a reason talk bot to curate the music thread for sound cloud links?

Or community soundcloud pro account like EELF - don't know how they are doing it but drabbit got me listening to lofi last year when he was streaming.

Would just need to be in a header or footer rather than a thread?

• Information