Link Ads?

List your suggestions here!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Propellerheads software.
bxbrkrz

Post 29 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Apr 2020
bxbrkrz wrote:
29 Apr 2020

The Crying People Tribe will cry, no matter what. This is what they do.

It could be a way to support the forum with cash directly, without dealing with ads, while enjoying surfing the web with Brave, like myself.
Is a REtalkDotCom possible?
Maybe not.
It was a simple suggestion.
Yea, maybe it could help.
Not sure, if this kinda stuff would be against some rules...
Indeed. I was thinking about the rules when I wrote: I wonder if it would be OK for you admin and Reason Studios to create a ReasonTalk...
Maybe it is impossible. Only they would know.

challism

Post 05 May 2020

I'm not seeing the links on any of my computers, running Windows 7 & 10, Chrome and Firefox. As Kenni mentioned earlier, we used to run Google Ads, but those have long been gone. I'm not sure what the Viglink stuff is all about. I don't recall it ever being mentioned in our moderator channel until about a week ago, when it was brought to my attention.

How long have these links been showing up?

As far as supporting RT, it does take money to run the forum. I think a donation button would be a good thing to have. We could accept all currencies thru paypal or maybe even BAT (Brave Browser cryptocurrency). The idea of an RTRE isn't a bad one, and the mods have discusses such an idea before. I like the idea of it not being any kind of real software, because devs don't want to work for free, just some blinking lights would do the trick, maybe a spacer, as an obvious attempt to just raise funds. But I'm not sure how many people would actually buy it, and RT would only get like 70% of that purchase, I think, so a direct donation would be better. Perhaps we should bring Google Ads back.

What people would buy is a super combinator, if it were possible to make one. In my dreams, RS would let RT build a super combi and put it in the shop to fund the site.
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated soundblaster 14.4k dial-up modem

:rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt:
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

EdGrip

Post 10 May 2020

I've been seeing the inline ads, on both Android and Windows. Just in case the data's useful.

bieh

Post 30 May 2020

The Viglink stuff is still active. I just discovered it for the first time when a post of mine mentioned "Reason Studios' Scales and Chords" and Viglink turned the word "Scales" into a hyperlink to a bikini product on an ecommerce website. I had to edit the post to avoid use of that device's full name just to avoid having it include a ridiculous link against my will. Apparently Viglink is meant to automatically create links to products if the product is named, but clearly it doesn't work properly. Here's a Builtwith.com page that shows Viglink is still installed at forum.reasontalk.com:

https://builtwith.com/?https%3a%2f%2ffo ... alk.com%2f

• Information