why does this site always lock interesting posts?

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
QVprod

01 Jun 2018

tofu wrote:
01 Jun 2018
the new affair questioned if the mods are here for blind promoting new stuff in the shop or are they able to personnal judgment , at least this time they been fooled and it hurted there own judgment/credibility to recognize quality/talent
it question the way they interview ppl could argue it was easy game , and the revelation came from some anonymous musketeer
Whoa...I missed where analyzing a developer’s products for legitimacy became apart of a moderator’s job... Softphonics was a known developer in the Reason community. They have patches in the Reason soundbank even. That interview happened because it served our user base. Especially those who were buying those products. Our interviews, reviews, and RE contests are open to any developer. Secondly, we allow guest contributions as our positions here are voluntary. None of us are paid to do anything here, let alone write articles and conduct interviews.

If the expectation was for us to point out frauds, then that expectation was simply misplaced which isn’t our fault at all. In that regard our credibility is unaffected.

MikeMcKew

02 Jun 2018

LOCKED.

Just kidding. :D Look, it's a tough gig. I didn't really give it much though until I came on board last year, but there are no clear-cut answers to a lot of these questions and (as was mentioned earlier) we have to make a call. We do our best to maintain a peaceful and productive environment while remaining as fair as we can be.

We're people just like you, and we volunteer our time to moderate for the same reason that you come here to chat: we love Reason and its community! Beyond that, everyone on our team is a reasonable person and we don't take deleting, locking, or banning lightly. There are discussions that take place regarding these decisions.

All that to say, just be a good person and you shouldn't run into any problems. :)

mreese80

02 Jun 2018

deepndark wrote:
01 Jun 2018
This forum is anyway based on stealing the idea from someone else, what a great foundation to create a community.
My memory doesn't lie, what so ever.

The moderation here isn't the bestest I've seen.
Man i love honesty and truth. But this seems to a problem for "some" "not all" on this forum. Big ups to you, Joey, and Qvprod i think his name is.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

normen

02 Jun 2018

Srsly, keeping a thread going for 5 posts by yourself saying „I‘m doing nuttin out of the ordinary here!“ - man I love this community xD

deepndark

02 Jun 2018

I got my long time s*it that bothered me for years answrered and am ready to move on, sorry to all the fellow members, I am not perfect either. TBH, I over-reacted about this site being poorly moderated. Cheers!

madmacman

02 Jun 2018

It is telling that roughly half of the posts in this thread are written by people on my ignore list. You can allege me for wanting "Reason La La Land" here, but I have learned that it's futile to discuss feature requests or Reason shortcomings (except for discussing workarounds) since Propellerheads have their own agenda and timeline. And it's completely fruitless to read those tiresome "I'm sick of it and moved to DAW XYZ which is waaaay better" threads (which - I must admit - have become less)

bxbrkrz

02 Jun 2018

A simple way to turn locked threads into a happy event.

757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

tofu
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2018

QVprod wrote:
01 Jun 2018
tofu wrote:
01 Jun 2018
the new affair questioned if the mods are here for blind promoting new stuff in the shop or are they able to personnal judgment , at least this time they been fooled and it hurted there own judgment/credibility to recognize quality/talent
it question the way they interview ppl could argue it was easy game , and the revelation came from some anonymous musketeer
Whoa...I missed where analyzing a developer’s products for legitimacy became apart of a moderator’s job... Softphonics was a known developer in the Reason community. They have patches in the Reason soundbank even. That interview happened because it served our user base. Especially those who were buying those products. Our interviews, reviews, and RE contests are open to any developer. Secondly, we allow guest contributions as our positions here are voluntary. None of us are paid to do anything here, let alone write articles and conduct interviews.

If the expectation was for us to point out frauds, then that expectation was simply misplaced which isn’t our fault at all. In that regard our credibility is unaffected.
I still think your credibility was affected , but it s not a big deal , not accusing you nor was expecting you to be perfect , i guess what you are trying to do is legit , going from the forum to social media to journalism kind of , it s cool
but i cant help laughing a bit how you got trolled big time on this one

QVprod

02 Jun 2018

tofu wrote:
02 Jun 2018
QVprod wrote:
01 Jun 2018

I still think your credibility was affected , but it s not a big deal , not accusing you nor was expecting you to be perfect , i guess what you are trying to do is legit , going from the forum to social media to journalism kind of , it s cool
but i cant help laughing a bit how you got trolled big time on this one
Trolled? No . We didn't have a partnership or ongoing relationship at all actually. His products were treated like any other developers products. He got interviewed like several other developlers got interviewed. We're completely unaffected by this. Very odd idea for a news source to lose credibility because of the actions of a person interviewed. That makes zero sense to me. If he was apart of the ReasonTalk team, then that would be a different story, but he never was... I'd go back to misplaced expectation on that one. Remember, we aren't Propellerhead.

tofu
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2018

you are completely unaffected by this maybe because your interviews are as much a fraud as the skeleton
didnt any of the mods copy pasted some of the question of the interview from some mtv interview ?

selig
RE Developer

03 Jun 2018

tofu wrote:you are completely unaffected by this maybe because your interviews are as much a fraud as the skeleton
didnt any of the mods copy pasted some of the question of the interview from some mtv interview ?
Polarity invert or it didn’t happen!
;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Ostermilk

08 Jun 2018

selig wrote:
03 Jun 2018
tofu wrote:you are completely unaffected by this maybe because your interviews are as much a fraud as the skeleton
Polarity invert or it didn’t happen!
;)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
ROFLMAOing to the threshold of pain, is a bit for bit comparison to what is happening on, and around, this chair just now... :lol: :shock:

Namyo85

15 Jun 2018

Speaking of ignore lists - as mentioned by madmacman a few comments up - It seems odd to me that there's an ignore list on this site. I think it's a bit extreme and actually quite unwise to use it. Even if someone upset me on a post, I wouldn't add them to it as one never knows, the next post they write may reveal the answers to life, the universe and everything... for example. :cool:

madmacman

16 Jun 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
15 Jun 2018
Speaking of ignore lists - as mentioned by madmacman a few comments up - It seems odd to me that there's an ignore list on this site. I think it's a bit extreme and actually quite unwise to use it. Even if someone upset me on a post, I wouldn't add them to it as one never knows, the next post they write may reveal the answers to life, the universe and everything... for example. :cool:
Since I was cited here, let me please explain: Of course, I don't put people on my ignore list after one single incident. In fact, I have people on my list where I never ever had a direct argument with. Before this reply I checked my reasontalk list and it is not bigger than my usual lists in other forums: 11 members. And these people are usually the ego-maniacs with a strong tendency to gain full control over the discussion and don't care about other opinions. Self-exposer who always do unsolicited self-promotion, how great they are and how they could change the world in general (and Reason in particular).

Let me say it that way: In the real world I would keep such people out of my life - at any cost! So I'm thankful for the simplified virtual option with foe lists.

moneykube

16 Jun 2018

cybernetic cats do it... feline AI... it's ppppurfect
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information