Throwback Re day

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Jagwah

11 Apr 2017

Hi,

There's a lot of REs now, and I have definitely missed a few that could be useful to me. After a while REs can really become the RE of yesteryear that barely gets mentioned.

Take Sugar Bytes Slice Arranger for instance - a fantastic RE that's rarely spoken about. Maybe it could benefit users to highlight certain older devices.

I had an idea of a 'throwback' day, one day each week or month a thread is made about an older RE. The thread will highlight the device, and people can discuss how they have been using it etc. This would have the benefit of reminding users about some of their dusty REs, and also introduce newcomers to them.

Just an idea I wanted to share :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2017

Jagwah wrote:Hi,

There's a lot of REs now, and I have definitely missed a few that could be useful to me. After a while REs can really become the RE of yesteryear that barely gets mentioned.

Take Sugar Bytes Slice Arranger for instance - a fantastic RE that's rarely spoken about. Maybe it could benefit users to highlight certain older devices.

I had an idea of a 'throwback' day, one day each week or month a thread is made about an older RE. The thread will highlight the device, and people can discuss how they have been using it etc. This would have the benefit of reminding users about some of their dusty REs, and also introduce newcomers to them.

Just an idea I wanted to share :)
Good idea however just do it, create your self a thread about the "Sugar Bytes Slice Arranger", say how you are using it and how you like it etc, then see how others are using it etc. just encourage people to create a new thread about an old RE at the end....

craven

12 Apr 2017

I like this idea! Go for it!
:ugeek:

Jagwah

12 Apr 2017

Yeah I should try it rather than pass it to someone else.

I feel there's a need for it so I'll try it out when I'm back with Reason in a few days.

teddymcw

12 Apr 2017

Jagwah wrote:Yeah I should try it rather than pass it to someone else.

I feel there's a need for it so I'll try it out when I'm back with Reason in a few days.

Yes, yes!! Because I happened to notice this thread (in a subforum I didn't even know about haha) I started using those SB devices that I basically forgot I had since I got them in a bundle. Long story short. Awesome and thanks very much!!

Why not just start doing 'Throwback RE of the week: SB slice arranger' or what have you in the RE subforum?

Best

• Information