Constructive-ish critisim

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
JCBendock

22 Feb 2017

It seems that the "New Reason Talk" has become very stale. Its been nearly a month since we've had anything new and that was for a RE announcement. Reason just received another point update that fixed some bugs why is that not mentioned. If the site is gonna have no heartbeat then it may be better for the community to just have a redirect back to the forums where there is fresh information. I only say all this because it gives a bad impression to newcomers, information on a homepage should never be months old and if that is how its gonna be then at least take off the posting dates. Posting dates are for vibrancy and relevance.

The reality is that there are many new things to announce nearly every day, and there is a very active community. Sadly the site as is gives the opposite impression. At the very least, once a week just put a link and graphic to someone else's article, like say Ryan's latest tutorial that came out a couple weeks ago or speo's recent Trance pluck video from a day ago... or one of the many other current events.

Another Idea would be to have a contributors sub-forum that anyone can post their articles or announcements to, It could then be screened by the mods and posted. Maybe accepted contributors could get a nifty forum badge or color, idk but something needs to happen.

Lastly the header of the forum should not redirect back to the reason talk home page, had it not done this I probably would never have been there enough to gain such a negative opinion. Again I apologize if this seems negative it is meant to be constructive. Maybe it would help to re-read it but this time put an upward inflection on everything I say.

tiker01

22 Feb 2017

I am a new member of mods but in my eye Reasontalk is one place which consist of the site, the forum and the chat.

If something is not on the cover it doesen`t mean that you cannot get the info in time. For example if you join the chat (chat.php) you will see that we have bot that makes an automatic post there if a new Re is released or an existing one is updated.

You can get the same information from the Echo (https://www.reasontalk.com/echo/). Both has been created since the launch of the website thanks to Kenni. Also you can see the newest posts from the forum on the site so you can always start there and follow those.

But don`t you worry we will get new content out as frequently as possible. :cool:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information