"HTTP Error"

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
CYSYS8993

31 Jan 2017

I'm trying to post a thread to share a WIP Reason song, but every time I try to attach my mp3 file, the moment loading begins, I end up with "HTTP error" over and over again.

I searched to see if other people had the same problem but so far it seems I'm the second person here to be discussing about this, behind some other person whose thread under the same topic only has one single reply that was of no help whatsoever.

Kenni
Site Admin

31 Jan 2017

You might be trying to attach a file that is too big. We don't allow files over 8Mb for specific file types, and 10Mb for others.
CYSYS8993 wrote:I'm trying to post a thread to share a WIP Reason song, but every time I try to attach my mp3 file, the moment loading begins, I end up with "HTTP error" over and over again.

I searched to see if other people had the same problem but so far it seems I'm the second person here to be discussing about this, behind some other person whose thread under the same topic only has one single reply that was of no help whatsoever.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

CYSYS8993

31 Jan 2017

Kenni wrote:You might be trying to attach a file that is too big. We don't allow files over 8Mb for specific file types, and 10Mb for others.
CYSYS8993 wrote:I'm trying to post a thread to share a WIP Reason song, but every time I try to attach my mp3 file, the moment loading begins, I end up with "HTTP error" over and over again.

I should've known. The error message could've at least specified about there being a file size limit. :? I got frustrated falsely thinking it was out of sheer bad luck.

mataya

04 Feb 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a 3mb rar file and get the same error. Also tried to upload a rns file 4mb ..same thing(actually a different error message).
Whate else can I do?

tx

Kenni
Site Admin

05 Feb 2017

mataya wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to upload a 3mb rar file and get the same error. Also tried to upload a rns file 4mb ..same thing(actually a different error message).
Whate else can I do?

tx
I need more info. Where are you trying to attach said file? To a post? Private message?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

mataya

05 Feb 2017

Hey man, thanks for trying to help.

I just want to attach a song file to my first post in my existing topic Detroit Techno Dub. I click on edit message button and scroll down to attach a file. Usual way.
Rar is 3.8mb containing reason song file..and I get HTTP error message and file is not attached.
If I try to attach just a reason song file, different error, invalid file extension.

Anything else I could do for you?

tx
M

Kenni
Site Admin

05 Feb 2017

Hmm, weird, 3.8mb is within limits. Let me investigate
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

mataya

22 Feb 2017

any news on this issue? i still can't upload a small rar 3.1mb in size.

tx
M

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2017

mataya wrote:any news on this issue? i still can't upload a small rar 3.1mb in size.

tx
M
Have you tried it as a zip file? (as I have not had issues uploading zip or txt files)

mataya

22 Feb 2017

Yeah. I tried both winrar and 7zip apps to compress my .rsn song file and it's 3.1mb in size.
Someone wrote earlier that he was able to upload a file less then 3mb in size.
Got to try that, but still, I think we were able to upload bigger files, rght?

tx
M

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2017

mataya wrote:Yeah. I tried both winrar and 7zip apps to compress my .rsn song file and it's 3.1mb in size.
Someone wrote earlier that he was able to upload a file less then 3mb in size.
Got to try that, but still, I think we were able to upload bigger files, rght?

tx
M
I would have said to uploading bigger files as a lot pics are bigger than 3MB..

w1pl0c

04 Oct 2018

Im running into this too, any fixes? 3MB zip no work

joeyluck

04 Oct 2018

w1pl0c wrote:
04 Oct 2018
Im running into this too, any fixes? 3MB zip no work
Maybe host it somewhere else and link it?

w1pl0c

04 Oct 2018

Yeah I went thru dropbox

• Information